NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,747 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Here is what I want to add to my plan explicitly after doing 22 days of Combine trading:
- Rule X: accept that most days will be slow and churning, plan to be mildly positive for these days, don't push too hard when opportunities are not excellent, get smaller winners and be happy with them, use 5 cars positions
- Rule Z: when opportunity of a grand scale presents itself on any day and all lines up and looks good, forget about being timid, go jugular with 10-15 cars and ride it well

I accept these slow churning days as a new norm and embrace them. I will capitalize on great setups and opportunities and consider them being a main driver to my profit target.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

xelaar View Post
Here is what I want to add to my plan explicitly after doing 22 days of Combine trading:
- Rule X: accept that most days will be slow and churning, plan to be mildly positive for these days, don't push too hard when opportunities are not excellent, get smaller winners and be happy with them, use 5 cars positions
- Rule Z: when opportunity of a grand scale presents itself on any day and all lines up and looks good, forget about being timid, go jugular with 10-15 cars and ride it well

I accept these slow churning days as a new norm and embrace them. I will capitalize on great setups and opportunities and consider them being a main driver to my profit target.

This is what most people can never do - have the discipline to trade the day as it is given, not as the trader wishes it to be.

You have given people a true pearl of wisdom here. Many people won't see it, unfortunately.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

@xelaar,
Just to say thanks again for posting all your thoughts and ideas. Your openness and coolness is inspiring to me and has spurred me on to start preparing to do a combine.
Today I completed, ready for a period of sim trading, an Excel spread sheet to capture the NinjaTrader Export Grid.
From this, my formulas can instantly derive most of the TST Combine metrics, so I can measure my performance in my own environment before trying on a new platform.
I aim to start it next week, just as you accelerate toward the end of your Combine.
Keep up your good work. You are now ready for whatever comes and will take what the market offers with gratitude and that's such a great attitude you have developed.
Best
JS

Thanked by:
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

It's most likely a web design oversight on TST's end, maybe failing to align the # of digits of every column in the fields of the table whether it's manual html or some other web scripting platform but ultimately I can't quite see how it's thematically related to this excellent journal of trading the combine.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I worked my photoshop better this time!

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Got lucky today. There was one genuine trading opportunity at 2:30 AM, although I was awaken for several hours by this time, I did not switch on T4 due to early hours and did not see it until after. Later gold moved down but again no any setups for me. When market keeps moving with no pullbacks I can't get it, as I need a zone of stop placement for the surge of order flow. Eventually we got a reversal or large pullback and I got my entry on a long side. It made a nice double top and was coinciding with small earlier pull back during the down move. I put two orders, 5 cars each with targets 12 and 30 ticks. The lucky component came from the news release that moved price quickly to my trigger zone and a surge of order flow took out my first target fast and I closed a second position at +24 ticks on a small. 30 ticks wouldn't be achieved. Then it made a larger pullback down before moving higher. I got used to these imminent pull back and thus placing smaller targets to get filled on a first blip.

I placed few test trades too, to check the how they get filled. I am considering an option to trade with almost non existent stop losses, like 1-2 ticks, on a premise that my best trades almost never have any drawdown or stall - move fast to the profit, so an option to get a fast stop out on a less than great trade can be a legitimate one. We shall see further. I used to trade euro order flow real money with something like half to one million euros positions at some point on forex exchange (lmax) with 2 pip stop loss and it was working fine until euro volatility died out about two years ago.

Anyway, I am up +1700 usd on the day. About 3500 to go. Testing 6e ranging strategy as a possible complimentary option for slow days.

Give me few hours of hard labor with Paint (can't afford Photoshop) to produce another nice report!

jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

Good job.
Way to go
JS

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Lo and behold of my binary .bmp alignment skills!

xiaosi 
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: JIGSAW/SIERRA CHART
Broker: MacQuarie Futures/AMP Clearing/CQG
Trading: HHI, HSI, FDAX
Thanks Given: 448
Thanks Received: 535

This is a really great result. Is the loss duration time going to be a worry or is it only one out of three criteria? Seem to recall something in the combine about that...

Well done anyway, really enjoyed following your work. Gold is very difficult to trade at times and you seem to have mastered this product.

XS

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts