NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,981 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

I'm really sorry to hear that Alex.

Perhaps it might be worth a thought to continue trading your live account by trading your proven strategy you used during your first combine (if the markets are liquid and volatile enough) and keep on developing and testing your new strategy in parallel without the restrictions of T4 platform.

Meanwhile, to speak for myself, I'm trading my live account and gave up completely on taking a combine with TST not only on T4 platform but on NT (which imo will never work with TST) as well.

Just my $0.02...

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Daytrader999 View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that Alex.

Perhaps it might be worth a thought to continue trading your live account by trading your proven strategy you used during your first combine (if the markets are liquid and volatile enough) and keep on developing and testing your new strategy in parallel without the restrictions of T4 platform.

Meanwhile, to speak for myself, I'm trading my live account and gave up completely on taking a combine with TST not only on T4 platform but on NT (which imo will never work with TST) as well.

Just my $0.02...

Thanks. I plan to keep on going and keep posting in here, blogging and sharing screenshots. I do believe my system is good, and I do believe my new system is good too. I had some good developments for DAX today, that would be a perfect market to scalp in the morning and be done!

I still have CTD course going for a long time, so I will keep up with TST developments but I don't have any intention to come back to combine with anything requiring dynamic order management. I might be better off completing CTD course and using a combine like an incubation test bed for the system development that I can take live to Forex markets.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Trendlinebreak
Brampton Canada

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 1

Sorry to hear that, Alex, but I thought the max loss/day was -3k?

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Its true, combine is active. I am just so frustrated at xomplications out of nothing I dont want to continue. It will be active for two months so I might use it later for nore position based trading method but I dont want to touch it at the moment.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I probably have overreacted yesterday out of frustration. Sorry for that rant, guys.

Thanked by:
Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

Thanks Given: 100
Thanks Received: 81

xelaar View Post
I probably have overreacted yesterday out of frustration. Sorry for that rant, guys.

well, you were brave/confident enough to try another combine, surely that counts for something.

I think you really need to work on your trade management. as far as I can tell, you've an amazing strategy, and you've great execution. but it seems that your trade management has really been your weakest point. it was poor trade management that cost you your live account with TST, I'm sure that you'd agree with me that sh*t does happen in trading so you should have accounted for it, and it was poor trade management that has caused you to breach combine parameters this time.

I'm also suffering from poor trade management, I haven't traded for a few weeks, because I have lost confidence in managing my trades properly. so I have been sitting on the sidelines thinking about what I should do next. so far I haven't figured out a solution.

your problem with the platforms partly contributes to your poor trade management. ninja is still unstable, T4 is too unwieldy for trading fast markets. what I don't understand is why haven't you tried Sierrachart? it works with CTS datafeed, it's very stable, you can trade from the chart, it has very nice customizable dom, you can even trade from your keyboard with customizable shortcuts, I haven't seen you do automated trading, but if you do, they have it. so why don't you give it a try? TST even offers a 3 months sierra chart free trial to its combine traders.

anyway, I wish you all the best in trading, and that croatia seaside picture looking up that hill is just stunningly beautiful.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thanks, Sayonara.

I don't consider trade management being too sloppy, indeed, I have open questions for trailing the runner, but this is still work in progress. Other than that trade management is easy for momentum strategies.

The problem with T4 I have is order entry mostly. It just required too much actions in a very short span of time, and since there is no chart trading, it requires to glance at the chart than at the DOM, then back at the chart, and on and on. Then I found that tick data is inconsistent in T4 at range bar charts. So I had to use yet another platform to get my levels. As a result the setup is untradable.

No trade management killed combine. Combine is still alive and I could get it to roll over had I paid for it. It is a complimentary combine for ex live trader, so I am not sure if it can be rolled over. Nor that I want it. Yesterday I started simply shooting from the hip after I missed a bunch of great trades due to weird and slow setup and being unable to place order fast. T4 cannot even let place market order with buy sell button and have AOCO attached to it.

Sierra charts is a good option, I thought a little about it. I did not need it for my original system and setup as T4 was satisfactory. For me to complete the first combine was something symbolic, a proof, now it is just hard to justify why I need it. As for live account with TST, honestly, their restrictions outweigh benefits. I can fund myself to the same extent.

And no, trade management did not cost me a live account. Hitting summer dolldrums and as a result being succeptible to style drift was. But even it did not cost me, I haven't hit any drawdowns. I hit some absolutely arbitrary rule that kicked me out. Funny enough, I discussed my new system and risks involved with Hoag few days prior to that and he approved it. Did not mention that I could get hit by this rule. That is of course should be my own concern and I missed it. All said, it would not mean anything special would I be trading my own money.

Thanked by:
 jlwade123   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 684
Thanks Received: 897

The system works well and has been tested. Keep it going. Don't give up on combine. Practice on the DOM some more with chart beside it, I'm sure you can figure it out.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I think I became too focused on Gold, while drifting further and further away from my original trade ideas that get me to gold. I never considered gold for any "normal" trading style, but after spending so much time with gold I naturally come back again and again to it. Even T4 troubles would be much less apparent with slower instrument.

I am very interested in DAX now, but I will be looking for CL and ES for US session too. I will stop any time waste on gold, and would only consider trading it with my original ideas: stop run (which suffers from slippage so only very key levels then) and huge candle momentum trading. Any attempt to trade gold with small stop relying on orderly market character is a no go for gold, it's too sloppy and ticks are almost random during active phases.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Best trade locations for my new systems also tend to be around Day High or Day Low, trading both ways, with strong momentum that keeps pushing HOD/LOD, and then exhaustion and price flight back to value. Basically there is no high probability trading in fat part of the profile. Only chop.

I will review this week worth or trading over the weekend and will come back strong with an updated plan. I will start implementing it next week with the aim to get ready for limit live trial in 2-3 weeks time.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts