NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,981 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Good order flow trading today. Missed the whole thing down, but got a small piece of the pie at the 11th hour..

Last entry had a pretty good timing - ladder was skewed like hell - 500-600 contracts on upside and 150 on the downside, we were in a horizontal channel, and suddenly around the top somebody switched all that liquidity off and it became balanced 150 x 150 ladder. I put a short immediately with a stop a couple of ticks above high. Then let it to its own devices and went away. Came back - both TPs taken off.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Booked a pretty good momentum trade on gold as per updated rule - front-run the level on apparent market strength. Fills should be good live too as it was before the HOD broke. This is pretty much the only way I plan to trade gold from now on - front running strong levels when market is closing with momentum.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Applying creal principles of selecting direction with the flow and entry with order flow flip in crude today

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Another gunning of lows, somebody stop me

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Range day inside yesterday value so far but nevertheless pretty good. First trade though was with 12.5 point risk off 800 contracts chart - unusually big for me, but I could not see that reversal point at the lows on lower time frame, so bite it off on a reversal formation at higher frame.

Last two trades were off 80 contract chart and purely from order flow and tape, with confluence of retest of broken trendline from 800 c chart.

First trade was 1:1, so no feuerwerks, but last one was actually 2:1 reward to risk.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Traded both November and December today - they are both equally valid, just price is off by 15 or so ticks, backwardation?

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

This week has been positive in Crude. I can see some improvements in trade location, I get runned over less and I am getting better at holding the trade for runners. I will finish off this Combine, just to have it done, but in order to complete it I need 7500 profit in 10 days, that's 750 on average, much more than I was doing in crude before.

So I will really need to catch few good runners if I want to get it done. I just like to have things I started get finished. I spent a lot of time with TST since February and benefited quite a lot from it and from being a member of futures.io (formerly BMT). Thanks, gang! But now I need to make the next step. It will be either going live or going back to trading for PTK.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

DAX is nearly dead today. I took one trade only, it could give a decent runner if there would be enough sellers to break that support, order flow was supporting this trade and setup looked great. I took off scale at 8 ticks and after some time being unable to break double bottom sellers gave up and range resumed. Stopped out on the runner for -1.

Total for the day +7

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts