NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,747 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

podski 
Belgium

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

Hi Xelaar,

Hope you are enjoying the alm before the storm and that everyone in your house is getting a little sleep !!!

:-)

I was just looking at a newspaper report on Gold FAZ: Edelmetalle: Kein Ende des Goldpreisverfalls - Devisen & Rohstoffe - FAZ (I never look at the chart ... despite being a fan ... !!) and something struck me to ask you about.

What was the % long vs %Short trades you have taken in the combine and LTP lately ?

I'm looking for cracks in your armour (Was dich nicht umbringt .. usw). As Gold is in a sort of freefall I am wondering if more of your tripwire type trades have happened on the short or on the long side ?

Do you think that the trend has helped you or are your entry points just little knots in the woodwork ?

best regards

p

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Well, the first huge crack happened before I started with the combine. I did benefit from the follow up big movement on the first days, but not so much in term of profit - I was trading with just 1 lot. You can check the stats I was publishing. As for % of long and short trades, I don't have my logbook here as I am not a home this week and on my travel laptop, but I remember that my best trades were all longs. Beside I was only capturing about 10 ticks on average. What helped not necessarily direcitonal movement to one side but rather significant volatility and large participation, at least in intial phase of combine. If people don't trade market no stops are placed, so no bursts of order flow are present. I selected gold for combine especially as it was providing nice opportunities. I tried similar style on Euro and Crude, and Gold was far more superior. If some other instrument would have been moving better I would chose it. I am not locked on gold and in fact I did not trade it much before. My best trades live during several previous years were on EURUSD, as it was swinging like mad printing 200-250 pips every day and gunning levels all the time. Then it died and I moved on. So if volatility in gold will die out I will move on. I can't care less what to trade as long it gives me what I want. It can be pigtails in marinade or railroad-car sized tofu blocks. Who cares.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

My development continues, I trade it more like a real account. Yesterday I ended up with +5 but I did take some questionable trades, today was better even though I got slipped (on demo) on a trade to a full stop out. Can happen.

Yesterday

Today

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I think you all have noticed a great potential to fade the range border where price action aligns on a perfect line to the tick and makes pushes out of the range on the other side. The beauty of it you can really trade it with 1 tick stop. So you can safely take 3-5 ticks profits several times before getting stopped. Stop can be a stop-reverse to break out mode.

This is a perfect application for order flow reading. Looking forward to get to it with Jigsaw tools next week!

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Just wanted to update those who asked previously, my newest funded trader interview on TST Squawk will be next Tuesday, tune in if you want to hear my story.

Thanked by:

xiaosi 
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: JIGSAW/SIERRA CHART
Broker: MacQuarie Futures/AMP Clearing/CQG
Trading: HHI, HSI, FDAX
Thanks Given: 448
Thanks Received: 535

xelaar View Post
Just wanted to update those who asked previously, my newest funded trader interview on TST Squawk will be next Tuesday, tune in if you want to hear my story.

I'll likely miss it Xelaar, do you have the same username as futures.io (formerly BMT)? I get emails from TST on the interviews so I'll watch for it...

Its a little late for me usually. Congrats again buddy, well done!

XS

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

xiaosi View Post
I'll likely miss it Xelaar, do you have the same username as futures.io (formerly BMT)? I get emails from TST on the interviews so I'll watch for it...

Its a little late for me usually. Congrats again buddy, well done!

XS

My user name there is "raa", you can always watch it next day on youtube on tst channel. Thanks!

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Tried working with limits again today, to enter on tight consolidation that is breaking on the non-even side, it's a sign of opposing order flow. I am not at home this week and have no Jigsaw tools available so trading blind. Not good, but again I did not wait for very good ones that came later in the day. So bad day with 20 stop outs in the row, but this is indicative how important quality and strength of setup is and its locaiton! I would be out after 3 of them when live and 10 ticks down. But because I take time to master my both reading of the market and enter technique, I was able to catch some good ones too in the end. CTS apparently has changed some parameters to its test system, so entry on limit is very hard, it has to swipe all limits to get filled or tick through. Its easier to get filled when live, as FIFO works there, here is I am always last. After missing a bunch of good setups I had to resort to entering at 1 tick worse price and increasing my stop by 1 tick.

In a nutshell this is my old setups from combine, just a bit better entry style potentially.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

about stops
Webinar IV- StopHunters - [AUTOLINK]MarketDelta[/AUTOLINK]'s library

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Today practice, started off bad, but gradually improved in the end, combining key levels and consolidations.

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts