NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,747 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Only one trade today. Day started off with low volume, I did not plan to trade but then some momentum up came through and I took one. It worked to the full potential. Then it just chopped. My friend came by and off we went for a lunch and then to the park to practice roller blades for two hours. With a great pain in my feet back I came and found out nothing was missed!

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
42 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

There is another thing I am doing as well, I started to get back to forex trading, taking trades on level consolidations, using 1h charts and multiple of instruments including crosses and exotics, in order to find decent opportunities.

I think it won't hurt if I will publish my trades here. I plan to later add commodities as well trading those through CDF's as my broker plans to get them live very soon.

I will be keeping journal on these trades too, and run weekly/monthly stats on them. I trade them live but small risk. Generally it is about 3 trades a week so stats will come along slowly, but these trades are easier to research and run on history and I traded like that before so I plan to start racking up volume pretty soon. Most important for me is to stop trying to fade trends and look to stay with the main move, that was the only problem before, I was fine with entries and stops, not over trading but was choosing wrong direction all the time.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Here is another example of two trades I did recently, this time on USD/ZAR, dollar versus rand.

First trade was a loser, 25 pips or so, looks ok but the issue there was I had failed to notice we had build quite a rejection down below on the support, so the move from the resistance to the support did not have any profit potential plus so many failed attempts to break support signalled a possible turn. I should have waited for price to break the support and then come back to one of the levels, either lower one or next higher where I did trade, but only after the break.

Second trade was a classic, impulse, consolidation, continuation. My target was around 90 pips profit but after some struggle I had lowered it to 80+ and took profit. Still trade produced 2.5 reward to risk.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

3 trades yesterday. Low volume, no fun market, but still practice makes perfect. I only took trades until there was a hope for a continuation. Later it became clear market won't move anywhere.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

The market is incredibly boring and weird. I can't force myself to focus during hours of no movement and then sudden 5-10 minutes moves that are followed by hours of tight ranges with ticks coming once 10-20 seconds. It not worth it to spend any time on.

I still look but probably will just analyze past charts and see how system perform when execution is ideal.

Other than that, I will focus on daily charts for fx and metals. Maybe I will see to add few CFDs too.

Going forward I think it is a time to close this thread, its been a long run and its original idea is long fulfilled. I might open another thread to develop and improve my live trading and discipline showing my system in details too, but it will be in the elite members area.

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

Hi,

It has been a pleasure to follow this thread.

You have been the first person whom we were able to follow from start to finish in a TopStepTrader combine with a blow-by-blow account.

You were the first order flow trader that I could study.

You were an inspiration.

You stay in a fabulous place, and always help out when needed.

I will always appreciate this journal, and take a peek at it time and again in case it closes down.

Which I hope it doesn't.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,337
Thanks Received: 26,267

iqgod View Post
Hi,

It has been a pleasure to follow this thread.

You have been the first person whom we were able to follow from start to finish in a TopStepTrader combine with a blow-by-blow account.

You were the first order flow trader that I could study.

You were an inspiration.

You stay in a fabulous place, and always help out when needed.

I will always appreciate this journal, and take a peek at it time and again in case it closes down.

Which I hope it doesn't.

I quite agree.

It's your choice, @xelaar, of course, but it has been a good one, including all the ups and downs.

Bob.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

@iqgod, @bobwest
Thanks guys, it's really touching! It's not that I want to close the thread to severe all ties, it's just that I don't find what I do now interesting enough to post. I do feel like I am bit in a limbo, having done much I am still nowhere in regards to the real progress in trading. Maybe I have a need for motivation and encouragement, but it's only me who can give it to myself. Maybe it will change soon and maybe I will get another round of inspiration. I am grateful to the following and to @Big Mike for this great place to be.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I do feel like I strongly need a purpose in my trading besides making money. It's a very lonely and not gratifying experience to be trading alone. Some people start teaching programs, but we always questions them, are they real traders and if such how can they manage to do what they do alongside trading? Well, I have experience in programming, web site development, blogging, and a very little bit of marketing (only dabbed a little to understand this is not mine). Enough to know this all takes incredible amount of time and effort to support. So I can hardly imagine any active trader doing it. This is not to say all mentors and teachers are fake, it's just those to teach actively can't actively trade. Maybe they were good traders and decided to move on. Nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, I want to make money trading, not teaching. Besides, I don't have a nice track record in terms of years of steady trading and returns to support my position. Well, I don't know much teachers (if any) who does that, but I would want to do that if I were teaching. Running the infrastructure is a nightmare in itself, unless you have a team you have to pay to for the luxury of their support. So this is out of question.

The only option that remains is to form some kind of non-commercial group who would be interested to trade is the same of very similar style same products at same time and communicate using TeamSpeak or something like that. Like a self-help group of sorts. So let me know what you think, if it is a crazy idea or not, born dead or alive. Yours truly, Alec

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,337
Thanks Received: 26,267

xelaar View Post
I do feel like I strongly need a purpose in my trading besides making money. It's a very lonely and not gratifying experience to be trading alone.

I understand, and I hope you find a solution (I hope I find one for myself, too! )

Just for myself, your idea of a group of traders working together would not fit me. I really am too much a person who wants to go it alone. (So, of course, I have no real right to complain about being alone.... Catch-22.)

Hope you find your answer....

Good luck with it.

Bob.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts