NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

chambemk
Boulder, CO/USA

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks Received: 5

Itchymoku View Post
I'm going to skim through the stophunting webinar and see if you missed anything or what you could add with a new webinar. I know I personally would enjoy maybe a webinar on trade execution - stop loss placement/ profit targets and how you identify momentum or favorable conditions for trading

yes, i would like that too. then you could also trade my personal account for me while i sit on a beach

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Only 2 trades today, one is momentum long, this flopped on a larger that 10 ticks pullback, and a fade highs which had an excellent entry. I took it off early again, to offset the loss earlier and end the day positive, as I did not want to trade more on end of month/quarter day even on demo.

First trade -10 ticks x2
Second trade +14 ticks x2

End result +112.5 eur less 20 bucks in commissions.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

5 trades in crude today. Which is encouraging - I am improving. Actually only 3 setups, two setups took two trades to get into it.

Anyway, all was done ok, I just missed a huge runner from the second trade, but with market gapped down that kept running down it was hard to expect. I expected a huge runner from the last trade but after seeing it unable to fall from highs and still gravitated to the trend line, I cut it. This time it was a right idea and market jumped almost instantly, but still I would be better off if I kept my second trade runner to the good target and let the runner of last trade to flop at BE or a small gain. Still I made profit today and so far it is the biggest gain in combine. Last trade made almost a grand and took me out of misery into the profit.

All said I feel like I am certainly improving on both taking less trades but sticking to more decisive ones and on holding trades longer. I held one for 21 minutes today, it's unthinkable for xelaar 6 months ago

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Talking about individual trades, I have doubts about first trade - market spent some time out of LOD and came back, I should have waited for a break of LOD instead of being satisfied with a quick test short of matching the LOD. Same with 4th trade - new high in a proper trade location was established but I wasn't able to enter right away, and as market came back there only after some time, I should have waited for high to be broken by few ticks to satisfy early stop runners. I was too hasty to enter. This is something I also need to improve. My plan outlining this entering principle in a great detail.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Did not trade Dax today. On the Crude frontier, started off with a loser for 10 ticks, decided momentum down was good so I put up a momentum trade, only to have it reversed right to the tick to its stop at -10. So a bad start with 6 cars, -630 right in a hole. Tried to catch a bottom, first failed, lost sixticker. Second attempt worked fine. But the best trade of the day could be a swing high I captured. However I was worried about the worrisome state of daily P/L and closed it out fully. It could be a monster 70-tick runner should I held. This becoming a trend - I make few losses and miss out runners. So I will now keep my first scale out at 20 ticks and let the runner run when trading with trend.

Overall +420 net on the day. Paid 210 in commissions. Slowly but surely I improve.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Great summary on how to turn yourself into a good trader in 3 simple steps: The 3 Barriers to Consistent Profits in Intraday Trading | Dubai Prop Trader

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I have moved my test platform to Ninja today. Some of you may know I have my reservations against Ninja, but there is no love with OEC as a potential platform to go live with. Mostly due to uncompetitive margin requirements from OEC (and therefore from S5 etc). So I was setting up (demo from Mirus/ZenFire) and testing. Also ECB was today and it did not help later trading. Initial hours were ok. I plan to only trade Dax from 9 to 10 AM.

Crude wise. I made many consequtive losers trying to catch on a pullback reversal and jump on trend. I need to focus on entry criterias. However said, I slowly get to the stage where one winner offsets 3 losers so it's weirdly ok. I just need to get these big runners run, because being break even after commissions or slightly positive is not a business I want to be in. I need to rack up massive profits!

My best trade today was +32 ticks on a runner, 6:1 reward to risk. It was my worst trade too - 1 minute later it started to go to the moon, it could be 100 ticks runner. But I closed my first target at around +28 so it wasn't bad all in all.

I missed my second runner too, but I just wanted to be done for the day, so I took it off. This is the problem with racking up losses - when there is a chance to get back to black you can hardly resist it. I did resist today so I came out from loss to +840 net in one last trade. Halleluwah!

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Here are the considerations I will be applying to trading from tomorrow based on my current discoveries:
1. Look for a trading zone as per original plan
2. A small range or double top/double bottom has formed
3. Wait till it is broken by 1-2 ticks with no continuation, fade the breakout
4. Target 20-25 ticks on first target and 40-80 on second target, 6 ticks stop, no break even
5. Stop trading for the day after getting one runner under the belt, keep trading until getting one runner in, don't take small winners at all

The reason is there will always be a winner if you take all setups consistently, and one winner will take you back above and beyond. Currently I keep cutting runners short (even though I have improved a lot) and take more trades, more losers in, and then get a runner that I don't exploit fully. Ideally I will be looking to get onto the freight train that will take me far. That would allow to overcome possible bad day when I might get out of ammo before hitting a jack pot. But this plan should allow me to trade less and exploit good trades at best.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts