NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

xelaar View Post
ruined stats,

That is not a ruined stats, you are allowed to have 1 parameter red. It would be more difficult to fix if it was 5 mins average loser duration, but if you throw in 1 losing trade with 0 SL, that brings it down by 3 seconds (you have 9 losers with 29 secs average time), so about 2 planned losers would fix the problem.

But let's keep that until the end, shall we?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Pedro40 View Post
That is not a ruined stats, you are allowed to have 1 parameter red. It would be more difficult to fix if it was 5 mins average loser duration, but if you throw in 1 losing trade with 0 SL, that brings it down by 3 seconds (you have 9 losers with 29 secs average time), so about 2 planned losers would fix the problem.

But let's keep that until the end, shall we?

Pedro, you are right, but it so much nicer to have all greens and no single losing day during Combine. It's just me showing off, I guess! Today I will go for the profit, not for the green lights.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

xelaar View Post
Frustration today. No, the market is actually alright but I act like a scared chicken. I think I fell victim of statistics and record observation. I just don't want to get a losing day and I lose in unrealized gains.

I let go 150 ticks of profit today to save just 10. This is criminal.

Currently +25 net on the day, ridiculous I know. And stats screwed again. Need let winners run.

xelaar View Post

PS I think I drive too much conclusions from just one break even day. Still +50 past commissions, so probably better keep that way and not think about stats. Tomorrow is another day and I will see what is the best way to trade.

My exact afflictions during my current combine.

How many times have I reminded myself that trading well is the process and good statistics are the product of the process.

Producing good statistics cannot and should not be a process.

But then I find myself playing peek-a-boo with statistics. Green. Red. And then letting them cloud my judgement.

A point comes when good trading will blow everything out of the water and that is being in 'the zone' for me. I am hoping that materializes in the last few days I have left of this combine.

Trade well @xelaar!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

iqgod View Post
My exact afflictions during my current combine.

How many times have I reminded myself that trading well is the process and good statistics are the product of the process.

Producing good statistics cannot and should not be a process.

But then I find myself playing peek-a-boo with statistics. Green. Red. And then letting them cloud my judgement.

A point comes when good trading will blow everything out of the water and that is being in 'the zone' for me. I am hoping that materializes in the last few days I have left of this combine.

Trade well @xeelar!

Thanks, man. Sometimes in a moment of blindness form replaces substance. Same happens in my live trading when I get to a winning streak. I stop thinking about profit just about maintaining the record. I think the cure can be to set a moderate and easily achievable profit target for the day, and instead of going for positive day try to get to the minimal profit level maintaining risk parameters.

Alex

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Man promised, man delivered! Ok, enough with cockiness but I concentrated on profits today, even if price action was not supportive and volume VERY LOW, by the Comex open we traded only 70k contracts, normally 120-150. I had a very clear stop run opportunity and took it with two entries. Bailed fast as could see too fast initial move and no follow up. It was a good decision. Another setup - I missed it by 5 seconds, it ran away from me and I ain't chasing it. Tried to long off the channel low based on momentum candle and clear pathway up from order flow perspective (no swings on move down therefore unlikely much limit sell orders on the way) but it did not work, made two attempts to go lower and I bailed at +2. Eventually pulled off up but not my cup of tea. Good day overall.

Worked a bit on my excel sheet with all trade record, fixed few errors in win rate calc, formatted cells and improved visuals.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Here is what I wrote in the TST room reasoning my order flow stop run entry:

Quoting 
We had a classic stop run on triple top printed earlier today. I traded it. it reversed fast, normally it means someone was accumulating large short position through triggering early shorters stop against his sell limit orders.

Naturally once filled he started to move market down and some jump on bandwagon, classic trap against tech traders, watch out for another trap against long traders to unload that short. I.e. stop run on lows perhaps 14184, dip below, reverse and continue up.

I realized three attempts to move higher that failed would lead to stop cluster above it and once tripped it will cause a surge of order flow that can be traded with very high probability.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Understandably this day should come at some point and end my nice little winning streak. Today started on extremely low volume, less than previous day and arrived to the Comex open on little over 60k or so. Very very low. Moves were unsustainable and made spikes and wicks all over the chart. I started off with 1 car testing a new twist to the same strategy, the twist was valuable but market wasn't good for it and stopped me out several times on chop. Big moves before Comex open and before Unempl. news but even if candle look good, the price action wasn't it was spiking and retreating and spiking again. After things settle I tried few setup but none was working well. The only winners I took were short scalps for 3-4 ticks before market was always falling back after the fill. I should have stopped there when went into the small profit but I hoped things will pick up. They did not. Another nice looking setups that did not work. Last trade was a thing of my desperation and was destined to lose.

This is my first losing day in the Combine, I stopped after 3 full stop losers and ahead of my personal stop loss. My net loss is 1220 usd for the day. In a sense it is a good day, except that bad last trade I did trade well on setups but should have the willpower to stop when went slightly positive earlier. But it demonstrated me that I should let winners run otherwise I will not overcome losers when they come. Now the losers came and winners must follow. I will look into letting winners run for the rest of Combine as I am done with "going for a record" thing and now must simply deliver results, not badges.

I had some nice markings on the chart explaining zones and trades but T4 apparently wants to punish me and when loaded again they all gone. So be it.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Last stats.

Today I trade with 4 cars as per plan. If volume and price action support it I will go for larger profits.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

8 Principles to Improve Your Day Trading - JetSet Travel by Day Trading Emini Futures for Financial Freedom

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts