NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Your columns seem to have been a bit misaligned.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

indextrader7 View Post
Your columns seem to have been a bit misaligned.

Man, what a fantastic contribution to the thread! If you want to accuse him of cheating, just say so. Otherwise you could have noticed the same misalignment in posts #100 and #125....

Probably just a screen display problem....

addchild 
Bay Area California

Experience: None
Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

Pedro40 View Post
Man, what a fantastic contribution to the thread! If you want to accuse him of cheating, just say so. Otherwise you could have noticed the same misalignment in posts #100 and #125....

Probably just a screen display problem....

Almost as fantastic a contribution as this one! Don't put words in other people's mouths.

@xelaar , keep up the stellar trading!

Edit: I checked one of my reports that shows the same alignment issue

Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

In some of my previously posted trade report screenshots, if you look closely you can see some degree of misalignment in the gray columns...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

addchild View Post

Edit: I checked one of my reports that shows the same alignment issue

So you are agreeing with me, thanks.... But please translate it for me, what was the point of Indextrader's post?

addchild 
Bay Area California

Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

Pedro40 View Post
So you are agreeing with me, thanks.... But please translate it for me, what was the point of Indextrader's post?

I can't be sure, but he has plenty of helpful posts, and usually has a positive demeanor. As far as I'm concerned he was just pointing out an irregularity, not accusing xelaar of doctoring his combine reports.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Wow, now it became interesting. I have seen Index's post and also couldn't decide what is it about. I can see rather two versions: either it is a "friendly" suggestion that I have to work on my photoshop skills after I allowed myself one or two not even critical but rather simply not strictly praising posts in his journal and this is a sort of payback; or he suggests that I work as web designer for TST and my work sucks.

I can't really see any point why would anyone doctor results for publishing at futures.io (formerly BMT), especially with these much less than stellar results lately, but in case anyone wonders he can check out profile at TST page the full report is not available but the trade record is consistent with the report published. Of course someone could say I did hack TST website (or the whole Internet) just to look somewhat cool at BTM, but that would too much of achievement for me.

In any case, the only thing I can be really proud of is my development as disciplined and methodical trader, that was always a struggle for me and Combine helped me immensely. The results aren't so stellar though, I have started with a very specific system, that was giving plenty of ticks at the moment I put my trading plan together, but now it works less and less every day. I will continue the course and review things over the weekend. I will be testing a narrow-range entry time in the meantime so I can switch from my momentum entries to range-based reversals when market is in dolldrums like yesterday. I hope that Jigsaw tools I am working with at the moment will be a major help for me.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

podski 
Belgium

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

I wouldn't give you a job as a web designer. Sitting around all day for 6 hours doing nothing !

:-)

p

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

xelaar View Post
Wow, now it became interesting. I have seen Index's post and also couldn't decide what is it about. I can see rather two versions: either it is a "friendly" suggestion that I have to work on my photoshop skills after I allowed myself one or two not even critical but rather simply not strictly praising posts in his journal and this is a sort of payback; or he suggests that I work as web designer for TST and my work sucks.

I can't really see any point why would anyone doctor results for publishing at futures.io (formerly BMT), especially with these much less than stellar results lately, but in case anyone wonders he can check out profile at TST page the full report is not available but the trade record is consistent with the report published. Of course someone could say I did hack TST website (or the whole Internet) just to look somewhat cool at BTM, but that would too much of achievement for me.

In any case, the only thing I can be really proud of is my development as disciplined and methodical trader, that was always a struggle for me and Combine helped me immensely. The results aren't so stellar though, I have started with a very specific system, that was giving plenty of ticks at the moment I put my trading plan together, but now it works less and less every day. I will continue the course and review things over the weekend. I will be testing a narrow-range entry time in the meantime so I can switch from my momentum entries to range-based reversals when market is in dolldrums like yesterday. I hope that Jigsaw tools I am working with at the moment will be a major help for me.

Firstly I don't remotely think @indextrader7 intended to accuse anyone.

Secondly I appreciate @xelaar for openly sharing his combine attempt with the community - it not only takes courage, guts etc. but shows that you have faith in yourself, trust in the world at large.

And no, documenting a combine journey isn't "showing off" - a combine journal is all about the sweat, hard work, decisions taken on the spur of the moment - given the possibilities of what all can go wrong, building a solid track record is no mean achievement.

So folks, wave your white flags - and also wave a chequered flag for @xelaar so that he completes his combine with good cheer - I wholeheartedly support his development having gone through the labor pains myself

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,563

Hi @xelaar

Thanks for your interesting thread - YES! Kudos that you are sharing your results in this thread.
Posting on futures.io (formerly BMT) means self exposing a lot.
Posting statements here means exposing even more
There are always members not believing anything that is posted...
With more than 40k futures.io (formerly BMT) members that risk is that some +2k are NO-believers.
If you are calling trades live here (entries and exits) - even THEN the risk is to have
some repliers that do not believe - this is life!

Don't hesit - post more!
Good trades

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts