NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

I felt uneasy to start trading again today after all this talk in the thread here. But taking it slowly is the name of the game. It did not help market wasn't moving, albeit some volume was trading, in a very narrow range.

Again I waited for the first setup 6 hours. I was prepared not to take any trades today, and most likely won't take anymore - the movement is just not there. It's dead, Jimmy!

Anyway, took a setup, had just 10 ticks target because of slow day and next high 12 ticks away from my entry. It went 8 ticks only, I managed to close on stall at +4 and then it reversed. Right call, just very slow day. I am taking a revised approach on trade management and to assist me with visual judgement of a stall, I use now 20 second period chart instead of 2 range chart, I don't use it for trading, only for trade management, range chart just doesn't give a clue about how long it hangs in there, short-term time chart does.

So far +175 on the day.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

xelaar View Post
I felt uneasy to start trading again today after all this talk in the thread here. But taking it slowly is the name of the game.

Joke amongst chain smokers:

I read so much about the ill effects of smoking that I gave up reading.

More seriously, do whatever it takes to not shrink your circle of influence.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

podski 
Belgium

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

xelaar View Post
I felt uneasy to start trading again today after all this talk in the thread here. But taking it slowly is the name of the game. It did not help market wasn't moving, albeit some volume was trading, in a very narrow range.

So far +175 on the day.

Nice !! Well done !

You are there to collect money ... not to sweat to make it appear !

No need to turn a day like today into a marathon ... there will be other days when the wind is at your back !

p

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Here is an opportunity I have spotted on CL, I am not trading CL for the Combine, but started to evaluate setups for potential use later on. Also trialing Jigsaw tools. CL is not as fast moving as Gold (today does not count), so apparently some leeway in both time and fluctuation should be give to setups on Crude.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Getting a little bit lagging now, today my Combine became eligible for a review, but still around 6k lacking to get it completed. However, there is a time left till 14th of June, and once market conditions are good I will be upping the pace. I have started with 1 contract building up the cushion, now it is there and I am officially in the second half of the Combine, and now it is time to trade it with the size as it should be traded.

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

Keep trading great!!!!

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

podski 
Belgium

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

xelaar View Post
Getting a little bit lagging now, today my Combine became eligible for a review, but still around 6k lacking to get it completed. However, there is a time left till 14th of June, and once market conditions are good I will be upping the pace. I have started with 1 contract building up the cushion, now it is there and I am officially in the second half of the Combine, and now it is time to trade it with the size as it should be traded.

Xelaar

Current average: 498
20 days go => 10K on target

You are on track.

Don't rush it. Work to eliminate those -2000 days/trades. That is how you will push it over the line.

What is the analysis on those ? Were the largest losers on trades with your positions ????

You are doing great.

p

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

At the current average I need 32 days to complete the target. Well the losing days or their size is not the problem, it's smaller than expected size of winning days is somewhat problematic. Market itself provides much less opportunities lately and those of bad quality. Also, momentum seems to petered out, before Combine started and this big crash happened, Gold usually had big moves almost each days, while most of the day was in a small range, suddenly activity arrived and it starts to move well. Now there is less and less of moves like that. In a live trading that won't be a problem, I would just waited it out. In a Combine one is bounded by a specific time frame to complete, so I have to act within it. I just hope I can get at least enough marginal trading opportunities for these 6-10 ticks to get there in time.

podski View Post
Xelaar

Current average: 498
20 days go => 10K on target

You are on track.

Don't rush it. Work to eliminate those -2000 days/trades. That is how you will push it over the line.

What is the analysis on those ? Were the largest losers on trades with your positions ????

You are doing great.

p

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Today was another test of my strength not to fall asleep. I have to say I am very happy with the progress in my mental stature since I started trading Combine - I had no urges of taking a trade out of frustration or boredom, nor was I scared to pull a trigger. A reason to celebrate.

Other than that, an unbelievably slow day. Waited for 5 hours for the first setup, did not look strong, so I reduced my target to 8 ticks with risk 6. It run 21 ticks, but I got only 8. I feel no bad about, as next high was in 11 ticks or so and all moves that day before were reversing. This one reversed in around 20 seconds. And then run 100 ticks more but without an entry for me.

Then I took another 2 setups. First I bailed out at -2 ticks, it actually made 5 tick profit in split second and immediately reversed and stood above my entry (trade was short). Once I killed it it slowly moved to a profit. But then it has nothing to do with stops being liquidated. And then a similar setup, made 7 ticks profit very fast and started to pull back. Closed at +1. Very similar to setup #2, but this would be a full-on loser had I not close it.

In the end +275 on the day. Better than a loser, especially for such a slow day. Once market starts to move better and I start winning again, I will move up again on position size. I also look to start trading setup #1, large candle setup. I have seen a couple of opportunities today but lately they weren't working too well, so I did not trade them. I will keep watching them.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts