NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Done for today. Just 3 trades. Again chickened out of great trade no 3. Shame on me. This is my major fault. Will work on it.

I will be journalling my trades with explanations, and record MAE and MFE for periods of 1,3 and 5 minutes past trade entry. It will help me to get a sense of statistical expectations for profit/loss as well as for duration of a trade.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,326

Great interview. Lots of great information to be learned from what you said. I particularly liked your comments on keeping your trading plan succinct and not too lengthy. I think many of us have the tendency (at least initially), to create these massively detailed books we call a trading plan. But you need to keep it simple and to the point.

I was a Business Analyst in the corporate world for 8 years and it frustrated me no end when I would send specs out to business that had taken me weeks to compile, only to have them come back and ask me questions that showed me they clearly didn't bother to read the spec. I am finding the same to be true in trading. Keep it to the point so that you actually use it.

All the best.

Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Sayounara
Yokohama South Korea

Thanks Given: 100
Thanks Received: 81

nice interview! is it the longest one also? I used to do a lot of sport as well, but nowadays I only have time to jog every day. you people in europe speak so many languages fluently and have so many activities. how envious! hope one day I could also have the opportunity to sail. (I'd always wanted to be a pirate :-).

Thanked by:
 jlwade123   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 684
Thanks Received: 897

Thank you for sharing that great interview! I totally agree with a lot of what you said in the interview, and wish you the best of success in your trading. I too am learning to develop a trading plan before each day begins and journal my trades each day. This is very helpful in fine-tuning my system and allowing me to gain more confidence each day. I also agree that by having found Big Mike's has been an instrumental turn around in my trading success, by reading the posts like yours which has given me so much information and insight. I hope one day to be able to join you as a funded trader. Thanks again for posting the Top Step interview.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thanks guys and gals.

Today wasn't the best trading day. Gold wasn't too good, but gave some setups. Too bad I started on the wrong foot.

First trade gave me a headache - I put TP to entry but could not get filled on numerous attempts and 100 contracts or more traded there, my order was always the last. No FIFO in this Sim is very annoying, it's gold for Christ sake, it's not ES! I should have moved to -1 or flatten but could not believe I can't get filled.

Then I chickened out from next trade, this range was unbelievable, so much upward pressure but constant refresh of limit sell orders! It broker but my nerve broke earlier. Then I had another mashup, tried to move to BE+1 but misclicked or something, nothing happened. Reversed fast and hit my stop. Last trade was a pure loser.

No trading tomorrow and I don't expect anything decent on NFP Friday to happen. I never make well in Gold on NFP.

So I will try for next week to go for 6 ticks stop and 12 ticks profit instead of current 10 ticks stop and 15 ticks profit. The reason is I can't get to 15 ticks anyway (should work on it) mostly because I hate to risk 10 ticks after I got into some profit. And 10 ticks giving some space, true, but usually trade is invalidated before it moves 10 ticks against me anyway, so it's back into a range and the outcome is pure gamble then. So for next week I go for 6/12.

Anyway this week was a positive one, so nothing to be ashamed of, I traded like live, respected my plan, and only kept making mistakes with closing good trades too early. This is my fault number one.

Thanked by:

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

xelaar View Post
Thanks guys and gals.

Today wasn't the best trading day. Gold wasn't too good, but gave some setups.

First trade gave me a headache - I put TP to entry but could not get filled on numerous attempts and 100 contracts or more traded there, my order was always the last. No FIFO in this Sim is very annoying, it's gold for Christ sake, it's not ES! I should have moved to -1 or flatten but could not believe I can't get filled.

Yes I have observed this no-FIFO on SIM too - it is a sad thing that NinjaTrader would have handled better. Refer to my post here

iqgod View Post
The exit is always 10-ticks.

This is the rule that tests whether my discipline is in place.

I sat on my hands (ouch) till the 10-tick target was reached.

Okay, I did move the stop down to 9-ticks to account for the horrible algorithm used by T4 simulator to trigger the exit - if there are 9 orders before me and then I am filled my target is the 10th order.

But I see T4 not filling it sometimes when the number of orders increases to say a higher number (say 24 randomly chosen) and then I see the ask contracts decreasing from 24..23...22...21.... ..... ..... 8,7,6,5,4,3,2, and I am still NOT filled.

And voila it fills me at last when I should have been filled when the number was 14 (I was 10th in line).

However next time I will take all 10 ticks with patience.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Oh and I have forgotten to add - I will not trail or close any trades in profit manually next week, I will only put to BE or BE+1 after a retest and another push away. I opt to close or move TP to BE only if trade is stuck in a small loss. Idea is to let more trades work to their profit target.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

xelaar View Post

Congrats, I am listening now... Volume is unfortunately extremely low, so having to crank it up!

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

Big Mike View Post
Congrats, I am listening now... Volume is unfortunately extremely low, so having to crank it up!

Mike

Thanks for the shout outs

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts