NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 206,985 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

High-low hunting today.

Looks like it can be done pretty well, just need to hold on the runner even if means to get several in a row hitting BE. Holding a runner to a mid-range can make any day.

End result +283.40 USD, 23 cars traded, net result +170 USD

Not something to brag about, but things get better. And all done in 1 hour. Me likes it.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
21 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
10 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Not the best day to long crude as it started to collapse but I did the best I could so far. Will see if we get some tradable range on the lows later after it opens.

All limit entries, no slippage, only fun and games.

+310 less 8 commissions = +270

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I was feeling like doing something after I finished with crude early and decided to see if I can trade same way on gold but using T4 (no fast modifications required for this approach) and maybe I can save combine, just for fun. It took few strikes, but I nearly did it.

garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Platform: Rithmic
Trading: "CL ES 6C 6E" NQ only nowadays
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 454

Just wanted to make sure you are aware of the "new" max drawdown rule. As per my understanding now it counted from the high point--since your first day was positive increase the highpoint by that much. Since it wasnt a big up first day but keep it in mind going forward once you have bigger updays

"I will ensure my Account Balance will not hit or exceed my Minimum Account Balance (Account Balance High - Max Drawdown = Minimum Account Balance)"

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Yeah I know, thanks. I wasn't anywhere close.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

OEC is not making it easy today. I wanted to continue my roll in DAX,woke up in time, sat behind the screens, and platform refused to work, it keeps placing orders that don't get activated (remain in grayed state on screen) nor cancelled. I had to resort to marking my possible orders instead.

My demo is ending soon, I will have to ask for another one and negotiate for margins. There might be a problem as OEC (I understand that S5 clears via them too) is very strict with margins so there might be a problem. I am a proponent of keeping at broker's as little as possible.

If so I will go back to AMP futures, will have to fork out 30 euro per month for EUREX data feed, but hey it's not a big deal. Bigger issue is that I can't use Jigsaw with Multicharts there, and I don't want to deal with Ninja, and MC native tape tools are non-existing (most primitive DOM and no tape at all), so it might be a bit of challenge. Need to think about.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

You can start reading 68 pages back

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Combine in gold is fixed and some, now I can focus on trading crude. New trading style suits t4, except absence of ATM and split targets.

Thus said, I am not really focusing anymore on combine, but I will try to use it to prepare to trade crude responsibly before I go live. So my aim is to finish positive on crude and report will assist me with that. If I make to the profit target so be it.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Crude trading was intense. I am not specially pleased with the results - it was constantly moving above and below 0 equity only accumulating commissions without a fail. I did few redundant trades and could have held few others for larger profit but overall too much trades, I should simply call a level, check out the reaction and trade it without the need to take small profits or bring to BE too fast. I need more trust in my entries and this will come with accumulating experience. I am pretty sure crude is good for trading it. I just need to recognize when to stop fading and start going with the flow by fading pullback consolidations. Late in the day it worked well and saved the day.

Overall +960 but 690 in commissions, so net profit is puny +270. Still ok.

I will walk through all 22 trades in a next post and explain reasoning and what can be done better.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts