NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,981 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

swissfr
san francisco

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Congratulations Alex! Really very well done! What I like about your trading is that you were able to pull yourself together after frustrating first days. Great job and Good Luck in season 2 with TST.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

A 2 contract trade in combine today, well calculated level but boy NFP devastated the market, Gold fell 230 ticks or so in first 5 seconds, eliminating everything. My first half lost 12 ticks and second half I closed at 23 ticks gain, it would make over 100 ticks by now but I did not expect to get triggered on the first move so closed it out to cover first part loss. +100 net and done for the day. 2 more days to go. Taking it slowly but following the plan.

Had few pre-NFP trades in DAX (+30 ticks) and in gold (+5). Will put it into the journal later, still finishing up on Wednesday trades.

Will sort stuff out over weekend, catalogue screen shots and compile a trading play book video with cuts from this weeks trading worth noting. I will share this video.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thinking more about instruments of choice I have come up with the following so far:
1. Dropping the Dow, it's just too alien to me and really wakes up 2 hours after US open, i.e. 1730 my time, I prefer to be done active trading by then. And it's hardly fun for me.
2. Consolidating most of my active trading in DAX and Crude. DAX comes first, more I trade it more I like it. Tape reading works exceptionally well on DAX. Crude is similar.
3. I will reserve Gold to only trading around highs and lows with low maintenance setups. It works in other places too, but it works better on DAX and Crude, gold is just too sketchy to trade with tape, it's fine for order flow but need these magnet levels to perform in more streamlined fashion.

I will publish my trading plan over the weekend too.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Finally catched up on my journalling for the Wednesday and Friday. Still making a lot of hasty trades, errors. But journal let you see it with bare eyes, otherwise you forget it next day and keep doing the same.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Logged also trades from 7th before the ECB release. I did a lot of crap trades during release and conference, but only as an entertainment, were good and bad, I wouldn't take them either live or in combine (which I did not), so I don't record them. It was all momentum plays that works crap on release.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Big fail today! Checked tge schedule on ransquawk and saw no news, said ok. After I lost 5 trades in the row I thought something is very weird, I have good location and market reacts to it but trades cant go to profit, even lousy 10 ticks is off limits. Then squawk qwacked about armstice day and veterans day. I rushed to other calendar and sure, both eu and us have bank holidays. I looked at the volume and it was pretty average but very narrow ranges. Silly me.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Given the whole collapse, I will publish trade screen shots so it can be seen where I have failed. Mostly 2 things:
1. Failure to notice bank holiday ahead, and failure to admit market is having very small slow rotations and not offering larger profits
2. Got blinded by several losses in a row and failed to follow the plan and take smaller first scale out and protect as I was looking for a larger win to cover losses, but it was just not there.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Just to let you know, it frustrates me to no end, especially that I could have small winners on 3 of these trades and be at closer to break even. But as now I know we have a banking holiday, going back into the game will only make matters worse. Suck it up and focus on catching up on books and education today. I will look for a quick trade in combine, most likely in crude since gold is in coma, at least for now, but we shall see, I will look after US opens.

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts