NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

I have received an email from Scouting telling me that my Combine results will be reviewed to determine whether Objective was met and I should be contacted by one of the Scouts within 1-2 business days. Now with the run over I feel somewhat lonely and purposeless. And desperate to try my strategy live. I am contemplating to move some funds to my futures broker and try it live on my own, but at the same time I don't want to mess around until I know about the review of my results and what will happen next. If I am issued with LivePrep or even go Live there is little sense in my own live account as I can't trade both mine and TST same time in a way I trade (requiring extensive trade management).

I have made a video for Jigsaw Trading and once Peter will have it up on his Youtube channel I will share a link here.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

jmsUK 
Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK

Platform: NinjaTrader7
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 136

@xelaar

That reply is good news and tells you that the process is underway, though lacks any encouragement or feedback (to be

expected). It's just going to be a hard wait but will give you some time to think about and do OTHER things, while you

recover and get ready for the next stage. The next stage will be amazing and with your attention to detail, you will be able to

float to another level.

Good for you.
JS

podski 
Belgium

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

Xelaar,

You can expect some stick from your winners vs loosers time in trade. Take it on the chin and listen to what they say. My guess (purely based on listening to the guys on webinars ... no experience and I don't know anyone that has dealt with them) is that you will need some sort of prep ... or another combine.

In any case .. it will be what it is. Let's see.

On the more serious matter of you jumping in live. That is testosterone messing with your head. When lions and all sorts of wild animals get too much of that they start spending much more time out in the open. Then they get killed.

Think about that ... maybe you just need to get to the gym a little and work it off and think strategically about the TST feedback and your next steps.

All of your (and mine btw too) next steps should be about making the right decisions .. and not about making money !!

p

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I have to completely disagree with testosterone thing. What I need to do before spending any more time on perfecting this strategy is to make sure it works live just as well as it works on demo. Obviously some slippage will occur, this must be measured, accounted, stats collected and appropriate changes taken with regards to stop loss size, trade management practice, etc. It can't be done on demo, only live. So going live with 1 car makes only sense to continue this road.

With regards to holding time - I think they will be able to see for themselves it comes from just a couple of lengthy losers, as I explained. Here is the problem with trusting these stats 100%: I have much much less losers than winners, so even if I take one longer loser (still very small tick count, just market stopped moving and stuck in 5 tick range!) it affects my losing holding time a lot, on the other hand if I take a longer winner, because I have much more winners than losers it will affect my overall winning holding time very little! So what does it tell us? Nothing. There is a merit to these stats and you have to start from somewhere but it's not all be all. Most of my losers are in fact break even trades stopped at a couple of tick loss or at break even that slipped and became a loser. What does it means for overall picture? Nothing. Market moves fast one moment and slow another. If I would have a winning time 5 seconds and losing time 5 minutes - it would be a warning sign and meant I kill my good trades immediately and hope and pray my losers will return. This is not the case. In this case I would also have inverse relation to winners versus losers size, and I have an opposite - my winners almost twice larger as losers even after these "almost-breakeven" trades counted in.

Another Combine? I won't go that route. I did benefit a lot from taking this Combine for sure. But doing same thing over again yields no benefit to me, but wastes time. Pedro40 put it very well in his thread: to trade their 150k Combine you just need 20k at your broker and that is it. 15 for the margin and 5 for the max draw down. I think even less is needed since I did not start swinging 15 cars in Combine but 1 and I would do it when move to trading live as well, since around 1000 is needed for another car to be traded in margin it makes sense to limit yourself with only a margin good for 3-5 cars and just earn the right to use more by simply gaining profit that will be used as a margin. Thus said something like 10k is absolute maximum required at broker to simulate my approach.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

podski 
Belgium

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

xelaar View Post
I have to completely disagree with testosterone thing. What I need to do before spending any more time on perfecting this strategy is to make sure it works live just as well as it works on demo. Obviously some slippage will occur, this must be measured, accounted, stats collected and appropriate changes taken with regards to stop loss size, trade management practice, etc. It can't be done on demo, only live. So going live with 1 car makes only sense to continue this road.

With regards to holding time - I think they will be able to see for themselves it comes from just a couple of lengthy losers, as I explained. Here is the problem with trusting these stats 100%: I have much much less losers than winners, so even if I take one longer loser (still very small tick count, just market stopped moving and stuck in 5 tick range!) it affects my losing holding time a lot, on the other hand if I take a longer winner, because I have much more winners than losers it will affect my overall winning holding time very little! So what does it tell us? Nothing. There is a merit to these stats and you have to start from somewhere but it's not all be all. Most of my losers are in fact break even trades stopped at a couple of tick loss or at break even that slipped and became a loser. What does it means for overall picture? Nothing. Market moves fast one moment and slow another. If I would have a winning time 5 seconds and losing time 5 minutes - it would be a warning sign and meant I kill my good trades immediately and hope and pray my losers will return. This is not the case. In this case I would also have inverse relation to winners versus losers size, and I have an opposite - my winners almost twice larger as losers even after these "almost-breakeven" trades counted in.

Another Combine? I won't go that route. I did benefit a lot from taking this Combine for sure. But doing same thing over again yields no benefit to me, but wastes time. Pedro40 put it very well in his thread: to trade their 150k Combine you just need 20k at your broker and that is it. 15 for the margin and 5 for the max draw down. I think even less is needed since I did not start swinging 15 cars in Combine but 1 and I would do it when move to trading live as well, since around 1000 is needed for another car to be traded in margin it makes sense to limit yourself with only a margin good for 3-5 cars and just earn the right to use more by simply gaining profit that will be used as a margin. Thus said something like 10k is absolute maximum required at broker to simulate my approach.

xelaar

All I am saying is wait patiently for the TST feedback. They will be unemotional about it and do this more often than you.

Whatever they have to say will be useful and you (and we) can all learn from it.

So .. be patient .. stick to your guns .. the markets will be there in a few days !!

You can make your decisions based on the feedback of a coach/pro .. who will certainly have insight and experience.

You are right on the calculations for the 150 .. for sure.

p

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Absolutely, this is what I am going to do anyway, wait for them! I said it is tempting to go live myself now (I deliberately withdrew from my live account with AMP before starting Combine prep, not to be distracted from the process and to use money elsewhere), but I first need to know the result of this long exercise. I spent over a month on Combine itself, and around 1 month in preparations and development before that. So after putting 2 months of hard work of 10+ hours of screen time on most days, I deserve to know the result before doing anything else!

Thanks for your comments, though, I do find them very informative and supporting.

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

xelaar View Post
I spent over a month on Combine itself, and around 1 month in preparations and development before that. So after putting 2 months of hard work of 10+ hours of screen time on most days, I deserve to know the result before doing anything else!

Well, I'd totally agree on that. And from my point of view another Combine wouldn't be justifiable in your 'case', I wouldn't take it either.

Maybe they're going to ask you to do an LTP because of ONE parameter in your stats which doesn't perfectly meet the requirements, but I'm sure that in this case you may discuss that topic with John or one of the other scouts.

So, for now we're all waiting patiently for the result...

All the best to you and your family, do yourself a favor and give you a short break from trading and just take a few days completely off.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

To kill some time and thank my supporters for their help, here is a video I have done for Jigsaw Trading about using order flow in fast markets with the benefit of Jigsaw trading tools for Ninja Trader.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

I want to second everyone else's messages of support, and, for perspective, just add the fact that TST is looking for profitable traders in order to add to their own business's profit. They want to know that backing someone looks like a good investment, and that's what they care about. So when they find someone with a very consistent track record in the Combine, that is what they are looking for.

I do not think you have anything at all to worry about.

Thanked by:
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

podski View Post
You can expect some stick from your winners vs losers time in trade. Take it on the chin and listen to what they say.

I don't know why that stat would count for anything, that is first completely irrelevant second you are allowed to miss one. Not to mention depending on the strategy, some types will always have longer loser duration anyway.

So no chin holding needed...

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts