NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

isla 
Kyiv/Ukraine

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Indexes, CL
Thanks Given: 79
Thanks Received: 174

Hi xelaar

How are you planning to exit your position in halves using T4?

Best of luck with your Combine!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

isla View Post
Hi xelaar

How are you planning to exit your position in halves using T4?

Best of luck with your Combine!

That's a problem! I have considered instead of having partial exits to just have full exit in the middle, in theory it will be just the same, but it will generate longer stretches of losers. So the only way to do this fast, and I need to do this fast, is to have 2 DOMs side by side, with the same instruments, set each to half position size and same stop size for AOCO, but one to first target limit and another to second target limit. Each will set different limits for it's part of position. Not the most elegant but faster than just clicking twice and then manually changing limit distance for the second half, which I have also considered.

I have used 6 ticks first target in my initial testing and will likely revert to that from 8 ticks I wrote in the plan. Second target is less important, it is a runner and not so often it can hit target precisely, more likely to use limit to work around price action. 15-16 ticks is just not so far away in the DOM to work with and move around as if I would use something like 30.

Anyway, first day is behind me. I had several opportunities, missed the first one as hesitated to put the trade on, it would be a good both targets hit trade. Took the second one but only 1 car closed at 8 ticks, had to move the rest of it (2 cars) to 6 ticks and finally got 1 tick on second half (another 3 cars). For this trade I used setup with just one DOM and manually changing limits, so it was slow and it was the reason I used 6 cars, as I had 3 cars per trade set and did not have time to change it to 2 for a second half. Then market slowed and after a while I went away and missed two grand trades. Then it died for good. Anyway today is a slow day, and it is good to start with a plus, even if it is a small one.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Here is the new report page

and there are few picture from my last adventure

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

CFuture 
cologne, europe

Experience: Advanced
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 350
Thanks Received: 197

Nice pictures, where did you charter that boat?

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

CFuture View Post
Nice pictures, where did you charter that boat?

Thanks, that's Croatia.

Thanked by:

CFuture 
cologne, europe

Experience: Advanced
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 350
Thanks Received: 197

I wish you further success.

A piece of thought on the instrument you have chosen.
There is not only manipulation in the retail forex or professional markets by big size scalpers flipping prices around. Gold is manipulated by the FED-banks (backed by CFTC) to fake lower inflation rates for massive political reasons.

CFTC Probe Gold Plunge, ?No Visible [AUTOLINK]Central Bank[/AUTOLINK] Activity? Say Blackrock | Zero Hedge

Appeareantly they are selling in times when there is low volume trading.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

CFuture View Post
I wish you further success.

A piece of thought on the instrument you have chosen.
There is not only manipulation in the retail forex or professional markets by big size scalpers flipping prices around. Gold is manipulated by the FED-banks (backed by CFTC) to fake lower inflation rates for massive political reasons.

CFTC Probe Gold Plunge, ?No Visible [AUTOLINK]Central Bank[/AUTOLINK] Activity? Say Blackrock | Zero Hedge

Appeareantly they are selling in times when there is low volume trading.

Absolutely, gold is highly manipulated. This is why I believe nothing can be more fruitless than trying to predict gold's direction. I believe the only way to trade gold is to trade short term momentum and different order flow phenomenons such as stop run, backfilling, etc.

I won't be trading for my combine today due to FED day. I am demo trading DAX and Crude today. Clearly for DAX this exact entry type is not optimal, I need to find a way to get fast on these moves. For Crude, however, it looks like it is working even better than for Gold.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Some decent trading on demo today. S5 gave me more time to test their platform till the end of the month. All good but their demo CL feed is horrible, half ladder disappear all the time and some stop loss get slipped 50-100 ticks regularly. No way to keep accurate stats. Otherwise good.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Well I pretty much blew combine today with being down like -2000. Almost deliberately after feeling crippled having CTS lose data feed 2 times during the day (OEC was fine) and as a result having inconsistent data which screws up all indicators. Besides, the platform draws tick range bars differently to OEC or Ninja, and as a result all price-based indicators for these charts are misplaced. I attempted to use charts from OEC and only trade from DOM in T4 but at the end lost any feeling for what is going on. Same crippled feeling as trading live with T4 for TST, as they don't give any live charts with it, only DOMs, so you have to trade with either demo charts and live DOMs or use 3rd party charts. Weird at least, saves few bucks a month perhaps.

Any way, there were good trades along the way but I wasn't able to catch any of them in T4, all missed by 1-2 ticks, simply because it took to much time to look at OEC charts, notice the price points and then look on DOM in T4 and try to move order there. Never had this problem with any other platform, because I used screen trading instead. If you scalp DOM without looking at chart or trade from positions not relative to current market price, then it is not a problem. Wasn't a problem with my old trading style but again I developed it specifically for Combine and for T4. Now I just have a common sense system and tested it with OEC. And I have a problem.

I don't even want to start about having ridiculous setup with 2 DOMs each set for half position size to manage 2 different targets. And having to click in both DOMs to enter the order. And having no real trailing/break even. OMG.

I feel infuriated and frustrated, because I know I have a good system but cannot trade it with crippled toolset given. I would love to do another Combine and bang results on the wall, but hey, is it good enough reason to spend a lot of time and effort again to develop a combine- and t4-friendly approach? Or just trade for the money, not paper badges?

I killed (almost) this combine as I felt so bad with the setup I just did not want to do that again. I still might consider trading with T4 and doing a Combine with another style that does not require such a dynamics in position management, perhaps based on systems taught at CTD, but really I don't see value to try to bend my momentum systems to suit incapable toolset provided by TST.

If it all sounds confused, well, this is because it is.

jlwade123   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 684
Thanks Received: 897

xelaar View Post
Well I pretty much blew combine today with being down like -2000.

Really sorry to hear about your combine and all the trouble you are having with getting charts to work with the DOM. I hope you hang in there, try another one, or trade forex with your system. You have developed a great skill set and are capable of making money. Keep it going.

Julie

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts