NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

jlwade123   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 684
Thanks Received: 897

xelaar View Post
I use excel and a spreadsheet I put together when was developing my combine strategy. Nothing complicated.

Looks like a great spreadsheet. You deserve some credit for coming up with that.

Can you post a link to the spreadsheet? And, what do the field descriptions mean? I"m not following some of the acronyms.

Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

jlwade123 View Post
Looks like a great spreadsheet. You deserve some credit for coming up with that.

Can you post a link to the spreadsheet? And, what do the field descriptions mean? I"m not following some of the acronyms.

Thanks!

I will post a template later on.

MFE - maximum favorable excursion, MAE - maximum adverse excursion

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Here it is. I have left my DAX trading day results in, so it is easier to see how it can be used.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: TradingJournalTemplate.xlsx
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jlwade123   is a Vendor

xelaar View Post
Here it is. I have left my DAX trading day results in, so it is easier to see how it can be used.

This is great, much better than the one I was using. Gracias,

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

DAX wasn't very fluid today, it was moving on low volume early but with little pullbacks, I did one decent trade early and should have held the runner. Tried another trade late, chop has started, one stopped out after BE kicked in for -1, closed the other one at +1 and +2. Small steps to reinforce discipline and belief into the system. Milebuilding.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

To comment on DAX, I start liking it more and more for scalping. It is not very liquid, yet it's not gaping up and down like gold often does, it does not make too much crazy moves yet it is moving sufficiently not to get bored. And best of all for scalping is its price point: one tick is 12.5 euro, i.e. 16.5 dollars, while commission equals that of gold or crude which have only 10 dollars per tick. So it 40% cheaper to trade. Yet it is even better if to compare with it's relatives - NQ and YM, which is resembles a lot. There it is 300% cheaper to trade, as 1 tick there is only 5 bucks as compared to 16.5 for DAX, with same or similar commission.

Thanked by:

torroray 
Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multichart DT
Broker: MB Trading
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 61

xelaar View Post
To comment on DAX, I start liking it more and more for scalping. It is not very liquid, yet it's not gaping up and down like gold often does, it does not make too much crazy moves yet it is moving sufficiently not to get bored. And best of all for scalping is its price point: one tick is 12.5 euro, i.e. 16.5 dollars, while commission equals that of gold or crude which have only 10 dollars per tick. So it 40% cheaper to trade. Yet it is even better if to compare with it's relatives - NQ and YM, which is resembles a lot. There it is 300% cheaper to trade, as 1 tick there is only 5 bucks as compared to 16.5 for DAX, with same or similar commission.

Hi,

I witness there's a lot comment that the DAX wild and similar behavior to CL. This is the first time I come across such observation.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

torroray View Post
Hi,

I witness there's a lot comment that the DAX wild and similar behavior to CL. This is the first time I come across such observation.

It is but then CL is much more docile comparing to gold

Same can be said about gold comparing to silver.

Truth in the eyes of beholder.

torroray 
Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multichart DT
Broker: MB Trading
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 61

xelaar View Post

Hi,

Nice cost per tick comparison.

Thanked by:
 jlwade123   is a Vendor

xelaar View Post

You may enjoy the slower, more relaxing pace. Your momentum system is very good, though so I am sure it is hard for you to stop watching gold. Technology should be a good play soon. I've been waiting for dips to complete. ZN is also cheap to trade.

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts