NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

PandaWarrior View Post
Congratulations: A huge accomplishment.

@PandaWarrior, to see how it is really possible check out the video I just published here, go to last 5 minutes to see how 40 ticks can be done in less than a second. These trades are my bread and butter.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks

podski 
Belgium

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

xelaar View Post
@PandaWarrior, to see how it is really possible check out the video I just published here, go to last 5 minutes to see how 40 ticks can be done in less than a second. These trades are my bread and butter.

If you can make 40 ticks in zero seconds ... imagine how many you can do per hour

p

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, daytradr
Broker: EdgeClear
Trading: Eurex Futures
Thanks Given: 1,338
Thanks Received: 451

Better late than never.

Congrats!!! Keep going .

H.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

podski View Post
If you can make 40 ticks in zero seconds ... imagine how many you can do per hour

p

-40?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I have got an email from John Hoagland. Basically it's the same story as anybody else's: they are prepared to provide me with a live trading account pending my performance in LivePrep. So no news here. LivePrep must adhere to Junior Trader trading plan, which is standard, with distinction I have to trade minimum 10 days within 60 calendar days, my profit target is only 4500, DLL is 3000, WLL is 3000, MaxDD 4500.

I supposed to get a call from them, maybe tonight, I hope I will be able to convince them to make a slight change to the plan, since it cripples a bit my own risk management which I believe is more superior than theirs when used with my trading approach. Especially this rule about starting trading day with x lots and only increase or add when daily net profit is above 1000. That will essentially kill my opportunities to make money, because I only have few setups per day, and if I spend them all on small lot shots, when I get ammo finally it inevitable suggests I should take more shots but by this time likely good setups are already done and I might face a situation where I trade high quality setups with smaller position and take a loser from a worse setup on larger position. I am fine with this rule as long as word DAY there is replaced with work WEEK throughout the whole paragraph.

Quoting 
At the start of my day I will trade only _____ lot(s) and will only add to my position or increase my
size if my total Net P&L is greater than $1000.

I understand the reason of this requirement but it is suited for discretionary traders, not system traders like I am, and it's intention is to allow trader to tune-in into the market and assumes trader take substantial number of trades through the day and his win probability is around 50%. In my case it does more harm than good, as I take few trades, tune-in is non-existent as each trade is totally a separate event, and trying to correlate result of previous trade with risk parameters of next trade is totally artificial and has no substance and only can reduce profitability.

We shall see how the interview goes. I am ready for this challenge and sure I won't fail it, unless market will get totally unsuitable for my approach, in this case most probable failure scenario is having a losing day larger than a winning day, I obviously can get a losing day maybe 1000 usd and if market gives me chuckles instead of bucks I might not get to the figure on a profitable day, especially being curtailed on position size.

I honestly have to say at this point, this is more and more just a challenge for me, seeing so many restrictions can be maddening but ultimately they channel your efforts to build yourself into a better trading shape, given that you really commit yourself to it. I take it like a personal challenge now that I need to pass to say I did it. After going through so many barriers I can see how one can easily get the necessary discipline and self-confidence to trade his own money.

I think this is the ultimate paradox that TST faces every day: people who pass all their quests with success are the ones who most likely will leave soon as they feel confident to trade on their own.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

xelaar View Post
I have got an email from John Hoagland. Basically it's the same story as anybody else's: they are prepared to provide me with a live trading account pending my performance in LivePrep. So no news here. LivePrep must adhere to Junior Trader trading plan, which is standard, with distinction I have to trade minimum 10 days within 60 calendar days, my profit target is only 4500, DLL is 3000, WLL is 300, MaxDD 4500.
I honestly have to say at this point, this is more and more just a challenge for me, seeing so many restrictions can be maddening but ultimately they channel your efforts to build yourself into a better trading shape, given that you really commit yourself to it. I take it like a personal challenge now that I need to pass to say I did it. After going through so many barriers I can see how one can easily get the necessary discipline and self-confidence to trade his own money.

I wish you much success. When I passed the combine it was not my first attempt, but I had very good stats on the combine that passed. 90% winning days, zero drawdown from initial balance, and very good stats otherwise. When it shifted to the live prep, the week down time I had messed me up quite a bit, because even though I tried to trade with purpose, I got out of rhythm. Also, the weekly loss limit really was quite a challenge, even though in the combine I never had a weekly drawdown at all. These influenced me, and I take 100% responsibility for them of course, but the live prep was just not the same mentally for me. I hope you do great! The requirements are actually much easier in a way, so go get 'em tiger!!

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

josh View Post
I wish you much success. When I passed the combine it was not my first attempt, but I had very good stats on the combine that passed. 90% winning days, zero drawdown from initial balance, and very good stats otherwise. When it shifted to the live prep, the week down time I had messed me up quite a bit, because even though I tried to trade with purpose, I got out of rhythm. Also, the weekly loss limit really was quite a challenge, even though in the combine I never had a weekly drawdown at all. These influenced me, and I take 100% responsibility for them of course, but the live prep was just not the same mentally for me. I hope you do great! The requirements are actually much easier in a way, so go get 'em tiger!!

Thanks! Actually maybe you can clarify: in the rule I quoted, do they mean by "total net PL" this day's PL or the total PL since the start? If second, I can only applaud for this rule, my own rule is tougher.

I also feel it can get a bit under my skin but luckily or not I will have to take days off during this run due to my family circumstance so inevitably I will get my cool-off days, which is always good.

Thanked by:

podski 
Belgium

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage, CQG
Trading: FDAX, FDXM ...maybe
Thanks Given: 499
Thanks Received: 470

xelaar View Post
I have got an email from John Hoagland. Basically it's the same story as anybody else's: they are prepared to provide me with a live trading account pending my performance in LivePrep. So no news here. LivePrep must adhere to Junior Trader trading plan, which is standard, with distinction I have to trade minimum 10 days within 60 calendar days, my profit target is only 4500, DLL is 3000, WLL is 300, MaxDD 4500.

I supposed to get a call from them, maybe tonight, I hope I will be able to convince them to make a slight change to the plan, since it cripples a bit my own risk management which I believe is more superior than theirs when used with my trading approach. Especially this rule about starting trading day with x lots and only increase or add when daily net profit is above 1000. That will essentially kill my opportunities to make money, because I only have few setups per day, and if I spend them all on small lot shots, when I get ammo finally it inevitable suggests I should take more shots but by this time likely good setups are already done and I might face a situation where I trade high quality setups with smaller position and take a loser from a worse setup on larger position. I am fine with this rule as long as word DAY there is replaced with work WEEK throughout the whole paragraph.

I understand the reason of this requirement but it is suited for discretionary traders, not system traders like I am, and it's intention is to allow trader to tune-in into the market and assumes trader take substantial number of trader through the day and his win probability is around 50%. In my case it does more harm than good, as I take few trades, tune-in is non-existent as each trade is totally a separate event, and trying to correlate result of previous trade with risk parameters of next trade is totally artificial and has no substance and only can reduce profitability.

We shall see how the interview goes. I am ready for this challenge and sure I won't fail it, unless market will get totally unsuitable for my approach, in this case most probable failure scenario is having a losing day larger than a winning day, I obviously can get a losing day maybe 1000 usd and if market gives me chuckles instead of bucks I might not get to the figure on a profitable day, especially being curtailed on position size.

I think this is the ultimate paradox that TST faces every day: people who pass all their quests with success are the ones who most likely will leave soon as they feel confident to trade on their own.

Hi Xelaar,

Well done ! If you go for this you will be able to do it and work within whatever agreed params there are. I saw your video. Very informative.

Have a think about it and sketch out the params that you feel are acceptable, show them your video and explain them the method. If you get to speak one-on-one with John it will be interesting to see what he says about the method and how that fits. The contract can be changed over time of course.

This is ultimately where the clash between individuality and corporate risk management happens. It's a classic story that happens every day in many businesses. You seem like a talented individual with a lot of knowledge and are even able to share that so certainly have value for an organization. On the other hand TST need a single manageable process.

The questions you need to consider are

a. an I work out any sort of acceptable deal
b. will I learn, lets say over a period of 12 months, anything about risk mangement and the markets from TST
c. will working within this structure make me better, not just as a trader but as a team player for my own business, will I learn about how to manage other traders, the infrastructure required
d. it is clear that within the TST structure once you have a framework and earn money that you can change the params and up the risk or just change the working structure. It all depends on track record and a cushion of cash in the bank. That said ... the main question is ... will you be able to earn a living ?

p

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

xelaar View Post
Thanks! Actually maybe you can clarify: in the rule I quoted, do they mean by "total net PL" this day's PL or the total PL since the start? If second, I can only applaud for this rule, my own rule is tougher.

They mean "today's P/L" -- in other words, if you make $1000, then you can increase your size that day. But at the start of the day, you cannot trade more than X contracts.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,538

Nicely done.

Let us know how the interview goes.

I admit to not reading your journal very closely, but just saw you are an algo trader. Do you have a post that describes what platform you develop on and any testing methodologies?

Sent from my Nexus 4

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts