NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

iqgod 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ChartNexus
Trading: Stocks, Commodities, Futures
Thanks Given: 3,658
Thanks Received: 3,097

xelaar View Post
I have had a conversation with Hoag yesterday. I will start my LTP ASAP, however I have requested to do so with Sierra Charts, and their rules stats I have to proceed with the platform I did Combine with, so it's pending approval.
In any case my plan is to start with gold using 5 lot position, and as I get close to or over the target profit to add crude trades. I need to trade all instruments I want to trade live and all have to have a positive average. But my primary focus is on gold.

I would be asking TST about this now that you've said this but here is my side:

Once I had taken a free trial of Sierra Chart.

I received my combine account information from TST which simply had login, firm and password. (I had specified that I wanted to do this using Sierra Chart).

However my trial was active so I entered the data connection as CTS T4 and was connected. I traded for a few days like this (Sierra Chart trial and connection T4).

However once my trial expired I had to go back to using T4. I had a profitable day using T4 and the next day I saw that the day was removed from the trade report.

While my illness prevented me from following up I wanted to know if this is allowed (opting for T4 and then trading via your own Sierra Chart account). Secondly, does a Sierra Chart combine contain a license for Sierra Chart?

And good luck with your wise tweakings to benefit your trading - your progress is heartening.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Two trades today. Started late, so missed the best time to trade. First trade was sound, and price went only 1 tick past the stop. I took a second trade as setup has re-affirmed itself, and never seen pretty much any drawdown.

The only problem was that the second trade was late in a session and most volume has left. So it was not sensible to expect any big move. Still my original target 1 was just before R3 and second target was around 2nd deviation band.

It would have worked just fine. But I capped it expecting a possible fade of these ATH. Usually from noon till 3 pm it is better to look for a fade, rather than continuation. But today was a big up day, I would not fade.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Done with crude today too. The first trade was great, second was a redundant one.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Looking how trades progressed, I think I need to be more firm with target 2 and go for a bit longer runner.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

iqgod View Post
I would be asking TST about this now that you've said this but here is my side:

Once I had taken a free trial of Sierra Chart.

I received my combine account information from TST which simply had login, firm and password. (I had specified that I wanted to do this using Sierra Chart).

However my trial was active so I entered the data connection as CTS T4 and was connected. I traded for a few days like this (Sierra Chart trial and connection T4).

However once my trial expired I had to go back to using T4. I had a profitable day using T4 and the next day I saw that the day was removed from the trade report.

While my illness prevented me from following up I wanted to know if this is allowed (opting for T4 and then trading via your own Sierra Chart account). Secondly, does a Sierra Chart combine contain a license for Sierra Chart?

And good luck with your wise tweakings to benefit your trading - your progress is heartening.

My LTP in Sierra has been approved. I will sort out that 3 month trial with the support, but even if it flops I will buy a license for a month myself, it's only a 27 bucks a month and can be purchased on per month basis. This is good news.

Thanked by:
 alphagad 
Greece

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart, TWS
Broker: IB
Trading: EURUSD
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

Sierra is IMO by far the best and most stable platform. Good luck with your LTP!

I also want to add that this rule by TST about being profitable on all traded instruments is simply ridiculous and needs to removed ASAP. This forces the trader to look for trades in the markets that he is negative, instead of looking for the best possible opportunities in all available markets. What does it matter where the profits come from, as long as they come?

This was one of the major reasons I blew my first combine and it made me request a custom one without this rule. Unfortunately, they only accepted that I am profitable in 50% of markets (and wanted more profits as well). Well, I have four days left, have reached the profit target already but I'm struggling to turn around one more market to be 50% positive. Ridiculous rule.

Good luck again.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

A break even day in DAX today. A second trade went again for 2.5 hours well into the lunch time, I took off smaller profits and again more was available. Maybe I just leave it as it is no matter what time is, at least before 3 PM.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I did not trade Crude in Ninja, I wanted to get more experience behind my belt in Sierra as I will do LTP in it, so what I did is not good for stats (I did many small trades) but two trades are good for putting into the Play Book. Both would work with 8 tick stop.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

I want to have this post in my journal. This is fantastic, both from Panda and Derrick.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts