NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

tihfa 
detroit, mi

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: SPY
Thanks Given: 1,524
Thanks Received: 80

xelaar View Post
PS my daughter was born today, I am happy!

Congratulation to you and your family!

This is quite amazing that you still ended up trading and doing quite well.

What a dedication. WOW

Tihfa

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

xelaar View Post

Cograts Alex!!! That is awesome to hear! Nothing better than having a child in your life.

Robert

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

omni72 
Tulsa, OK

Thanks Given: 582
Thanks Received: 624

xelaar View Post

That's awesome, @xelaar, congratulations on the new arrival!

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~ Seneca
Thanked by:

Lejcus 
Czech Republic

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninja/ Continuum
Trading: Anything that move
Thanks Given: 216
Thanks Received: 66

xelaar View Post

Congratulation to you and your family.

“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”

― Neale Donald Walsch
Thanked by:

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, daytradr
Broker: EdgeClear
Trading: Eurex Futures
Thanks Given: 1,338
Thanks Received: 451

Congratulations!
And wish your family a good portion of patience and love.
Those are the most needed at such time.
Sara Saudkova once said:
"Children are the most flexible and almost unbreakable creatures in the world. The only one thing that they need is love."

Have a good one.
Hana

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Thanks again for all good wishes and congrats! Appreciate it.

Today was a minor day by results but what a volatility we have seen from NFP! I worked on alternative entries. I feel difficult to do them in LTP, so looking forward to end it on Monday with whatever result and continue working on setups and gathering stats.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 vijidas 
london

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 5

xelaar View Post
Thanks again for all good wishes and congrats! Appreciate it.

Today was a minor day by results but what a volatility we have seen from NFP! I worked on alternative entries. I feel difficult to do them in LTP, so looking forward to end it on Monday with whatever result and continue working on setups and gathering stats.

Great trading xelaar. are you planning to continue to post journals when you go-live as TST trader? It has been great learning experience reading your journal. its absolutely brilliant and thanks for the journal.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thanks, Vijidas

I think TST and its equity partner do not permit posting any information about live trades. However I plan to keep posting about my own trading, system development, and potentially live trading room.

I am very curious what will happen next week, I think it will take a couple of days for TST to come back after LTP is completed tomorrow.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jlwade123   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 684
Thanks Received: 897

Congratulations - a huge accomplishment.

xelaar View Post
Well this day arrived. I have done the profit target, and maintained two out of three required metrics. I have explained earlier why my losing holding time is larger, I screwed it up a couple of time with experiments and leaving trade alone.

Today is a slow day with some markets closed but Gold had a nice volume for this early hours and produced somewhat a reversal with possible long setups. I planned 10 ticks of the first one but it moved only 5 so I closed it at +4. A second setup for, I put only 7 ticks to be more realistic as this did not look as good as first one, but quite passable still, it moved 30 ticks, one of those wonder trades I had in the beginning when operating just 1 contract. Now with 15 it would be go figure.

I am very happy about putting this to the end, at least for the moment. I have a high emotional drain (even if I kept it away from my trading it did express in my other endeavors) and just physically tired sitting so much hours at screen each and every day for over the month, as I had waiting and fishing for those opportunities that became rare as time went. During the first week or two I was done in a couple of hours, and went for a bike ride, gym or something else. Now I had to forego gym, bycicle, running, etc in name of finishing it in time. I need back some of my life, finally.

It will be a shame if TST/PTP will turn their noses on my results, or ask me to do a lengthy LivePrep (short one is ok, I can just repeat what I did, I can't see any benefits it will deliver though after I did the same for 25 days). Worse still if they will put some restraints like minimum holding time for a winner. It will mean going back to the drawing board, testing, etc.

I had been testing other approaches during this ride, today I have a trade on Ninja Sim netting 31 ticks with 8 tick risk. But I wanted to keep Combine as clean as possible with just one system and two (and later restricted to just one) entry setup.

Very happy to finish so early today as I need to visit my wife in hospital and I was worried how trading Combine will go next days because the hospital permits visits that time pit opens and combining these two would be difficult. Giving that we expect our daughter to be born sometimes between 2 weeks and 4 weeks, or possibly earlier now, I did wanted to finish with Combine before this all will take my time, my mind and I could not concentrate until it is all over.

Thanks for all your support, it was an invaluable help and an accountability as I could not hide my trades and explain why I did step out of my plan. Thanks for being tough judges too :)

I will keep this thread updated on how TST process goes and how it all will end, or maybe begins. :crazy_pilot:

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Today was a very low volume day with lack of any sentiment and movement. Some swings but I was absent during this time, also CTS T4 was giving us all a middle finger with lack of historic data this morning and constant price feed freeze outs during the morning and few times later in the day. Clearly no stops were present in large quantities but few trades went through. I did one live trade, successfully even if marginally.

Otherwise I was experimenting with different entries. Few losers that came from freezing feed and strange stop out on a trade at the place where no price ticked, but since my profit target is done long time ago there is no need to try to adjust anything.

A minor losing day overall. Now we will see what happens next.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts