NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading fast markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 561 posts (1,328 thanks)
    2. looks_two Pedro40 with 29 posts (21 thanks)
    3. looks_3 podski with 26 posts (60 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 22 posts (51 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one xelaar with 2.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two podski with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 2.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 garyboy275 with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 205,786 views
    2. thumb_up 1,985 thanks given
    3. group 121 followers
    1. forum 978 posts
    2. attach_file 516 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading fast markets

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, MT4
Broker: LMAX
Trading: DAX, Gold, Euro
Thanks Given: 1,740
Thanks Received: 2,568

Now with the nice cushion above profit target, I believe I can afford to introduce a new setup, to make things less boring. I also expect, they want to see me trading something more than just one setup, to make sure I have more ammo if market will be not beneficial to the thesis I use a base of my entry type (something I don't think ever happens as long as people are using same technical analysis and stop loss orders). I have few setups in development, and I think I can introduce little bit more risk into LTP by trading additional setup with just couple cars. The setup is based on limit entry, so liquidity is never a concern and it can be traded with a lot of size potentially. Risk is equally small as in my main setup. Both are based on the same order flow principles. I think it can also add some interest for all parties: TST, my journal followers and myself.

Trade to live. Not live to trade.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 justtradeit84 
Singapore

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Dont know yet
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 26

xelaar View Post
Now with the nice cushion above profit target, I believe I can afford to introduce a new setup, to make things less boring. I also expect, they want to see me trading something more than just one setup, to make sure I have more ammo if market will be not beneficial to the thesis I use a base of my entry type (something I don't think ever happens as long as people are using same technical analysis and stop loss orders). I have few setups in development, and I think I can introduce little bit more risk into LTP by trading additional setup with just couple cars. The setup is based on limit entry, so liquidity is never a concern and it can be traded with a lot of size potentially. Risk is equally small as in my main setup. Both are based on the same order flow principles. I think it can also add some interest for all parties: TST, my journal followers and myself.

Fantasic, xelaar! Looking forward to learning your new setups

Thanked by:

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

xelaar View Post

@xelaar

I tried to re-write this so it did not sound so critical but could not without losing the point I was trying to make. It is what it is and I am going with it.

You have 6 days left and are using a process which has worked up to this point; In other words you are winning!! Why would you want to introduce something new at this point? Not trying to be critical here(ok maybe just a little) but IMO you are giving a VIP pass to disaster and then putting him in the front row. If I were a coach I would be reminding you to keep doing what got you here and dont be cocky!! You can still lose!! Actually I would be screaming it. I have lost so many times and know other traders who have done the same by changing it just a little or by adding just a little more risk. This is not the time to go there.

xelaar, one final thought - you are about to accomplish something that very few people will ever be able to do. You should be proud! My humble advice to you at this point; Be proud of what you have done but stay the course and true to yourself and keep doing what you are already doing. If you win, then it was on the merit of your edge. If you lose, then it was on the merit of your edge. In either case there will be no regret or "what if's" after its all said and done.

Robert

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Silver Dragon View Post
@xelaar

I tried to re-write this so it did not sound so critical but could not without losing the point I was trying to make. It is what it is and I am going with it.

You have 6 days left and are using a process which has worked up to this point; In other words you are winning!! Why would you want to introduce something new at this point? Not trying to be critical here(ok maybe just a little) but IMO you are giving a VIP pass to disaster and then putting him in the front row. If I were a coach I would be reminding you to keep doing what got you here and dont be cocky!! You can still lose!! Actually I would be screaming it. I have lost so many times and know other traders who have done the same by changing it just a little or by adding just a little more risk. This is not the time to go there.

xelaar, one final thought - you are about to accomplish something that very few people will ever be able to do. You should be proud! My humble advice to you at this point; Be proud of what you have done but stay the course and true to yourself and keep doing what you are already doing. If you win, then it was on the merit of your edge. If you lose, then it was on the merit of your edge. In either case there will be no regret or "what if's" after its all said and done.

Robert

Hey Robert
You are right of course. My plan wasn't to start trading differently or risk my LTP though. I am contemplating an idea to build a daily cushion using my main setup and if I have time available look to place few trades during the late RTH within the rules of risk management, not risking more than 50% if I get over 1000. Basically I talk about 100 risk per trade only. So I would say there is no risk to LTP.
I belive they want to see me handling some little risk and not being a one shot pistol.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

End of day for me. Market is rising but low volume and clearly not favoring my style. I did one trade and got stopped out righ away, no orders there. Might be the beginning of month thing, after options expired nothing has built up yet. Then I had to leave for the hospital, left 3 pending orders. Two got triggered. If I would be there I would close small winners on both, likely 3-5 ticks one and 7-9 another. Instead I got 4 ticks by trail stop on one and lost 2 ticks on another. After I came back I made another trade, it did not pop at all, lost 2 tick. And last shot - it stopped for 2 ticks loss and raced away, clearly not on stops but on sheer buying pressure. End result -225 for the day. Nothing to be upset about. I stopped after 3 consecutive losses as written in my trading plan for LTP.

Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Another slow day with very low volume. Few trades, but just one was on a really good level. I am starting to alternate my setup starting tomorrow, to minimize slippage on live market and get a possibility to enter on a fast snap-back pullback to the level after the initial pop.

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

garyboy275 
wa/ usa

Platform: Rithmic
Trading: "CL ES 6C 6E" NQ only nowadays
Thanks Given: 202
Thanks Received: 454

I dont know if I have ever seen trading stats like those. You are really knocking it out of park (more like out of universe). They d be lucky to fund you.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

xelaar 
prague, czech republic

Thanks, Gary. I don't think it's anything as spectacular as you described, but I do have experience walking on thin ice, so I tend to be very careful with place trades and risk taking. I had been losing 5k real dollars in a matters of 3 second s and winning even more in under 10 seconds, so I know what can happen. The key to this sort of trading is knowing either when the even will happen (news trading) or where it will happen (stop hunt/liquidation).

I decided to keep this thread dedicated to only TST related stuff, so if you are curious about how my other trading, development and research is going, feel free to visit my general journal here at nexusfi.com (formerly BMT).

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts