NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 195 posts (166 thanks)
    2. looks_two TonyB with 56 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 46 posts (41 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 27 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FulcrumTrader with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TonyB with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 341,500 views
    2. thumb_up 510 thanks given
    3. group 93 followers
    1. forum 827 posts
    2. attach_file 71 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

sysot1t 

what are the plans for MC to have Volume Breakdown indicators on their platform? I find that of more value than a DOM... given MC is a charting platform first!!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

FulcrumTrader 
Austin, TX & Las Vegas, NV

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Investor RT Pro, NT 7.0
Trading: ES, DAX, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 287

MC was not interested enough to add Volume Breakdown at this time to their charting app for the public (and hundreds of potential new users who already use Cumulative Delta in MD.com, Inv RT, TradeVec, NT7, SC, CQG, TT XStudy). I have been told by a high end programmer trader I know, the reason they were not able to add the very simplistic code for Cumulative Delta to their charting app goes into structural changes they would have to make to handle the feed properly (DTN.IQ feed bid/ask data). So one quick day or two of programming, of that which is already available in the NT forums with the GomCD, is not possible for MC to get the Cumulative Delta up and running. Apparently MC needs some work to properly track tick-by-tick bid/ask data of that found with DTN.IQ feed (the ONLY feed I ever use to track Cumulative Delta PROPERLY).

Who knows, maybe MC can step up to the challenge in the months ahead. The needed customers to support their development costs for such a product are ALREADY out there....and waiting.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,239
Thanks Received: 101,662

FulcrumTrader View Post
MC was not interested enough to add Volume Breakdown at this time to their charting app for the public (and hundreds of potential new users who already use Cumulative Delta in MD.com, Inv RT, TradeVec, NT7, SC, CQG, TT XStudy). I have been told by a high end programmer trader I know, the reason they were not able to add the very simplistic code for Cumulative Delta to their charting app goes into structural changes they would have to make to handle the feed properly (DTN.IQ feed bid/ask data). So one quick day or two of programming, of that which is already available in the NT forums with the GomCD, is not possible for MC to get the Cumulative Delta up and running. Apparently MC needs some work to properly track tick-by-tick bid/ask data of that found with DTN.IQ feed (the ONLY feed I ever use to track Cumulative Delta PROPERLY).

Who knows, maybe MC can step up to the challenge in the months ahead. The needed customers to support their development costs for such a product are ALREADY out there....and waiting.

I look forward to the day they add this. At the rate they release new stable releases, perhaps it won't be too terribly long. Personally, I view discretionary trading support (DOM, chart trading, sim engine, etc) as a higher priority for the time being.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Snoop 
Toronto, Ontario

Platform: NinjaTrader, Multicharts
Broker: IB, IQfeed
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 165

They're sticking to priorities (not a question of their competency) - adding solid execution will bring more new customers than anything else. I expect they have their hands full introducing and testing a DOM and order execution.
From what I've seen, NT speeds up the process by skipping thru the testing.

FulcrumTrader View Post

Thanked by:

FulcrumTrader 
Austin, TX & Las Vegas, NV

Platform: Investor RT Pro, NT 7.0
Trading: ES, DAX, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 287

Snoop View Post
They're sticking to priorities (not a question of their competency) - adding solid execution will bring more new customers than anything else. I expect they have their hands full introducing and testing a DOM and order execution.
From what I've seen, NT speeds up the process by skipping thru the testing.

Yes having a DOM for their app is a smart move but adding Delta is a quick task if their software architecture was already able to handle the tick by tick BID/ASK data (and historical up to 30 days back with DTN.IQ feed). For instance, the very small programming crew at TradeVec added Cumulative Delta in one weekend.....but I will say their platform was already set up to handle tick by tick BID/ASK data properly.

Looking forward to see what the DOM looks like in MC when it does come out....any news on release date?

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

Big Mike View Post
Sure. I don't want to make the process difficult. But MultiCharts is not receiving special treatment on the forum, that is the bottom line. I am doing this for the integrity of the site, and the benefit of you guys.

Mike

given you are the one who move to MC you may as well let them response here so that others can see instead of reading all these questions and seeing no answers.

Thanked by:
 sysot1t 

cory View Post
given you are the one who move to MC you may as well let them response here so that others can see instead of reading all these questions and seeing no answers.

+1

I would say allowing for them to provide an explanation/response and details on upcoming features or their product roadmap could be exempted as it would provide information to those looking to make a purchasing decision ... just my 2c..

MultiCharts 
Columbus, Ohio, US

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Multiple/Multiple
Trading: ES, EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 74
Thanks Received: 172

I agree!

sysot1t View Post
+1

I would say allowing for them to provide an explanation/response and details on upcoming features or their product roadmap could be exempted as it would provide information to those looking to make a purchasing decision ... just my 2c..

MultiCharts - Raising the Trading Standard.
Please send me a private message if you have any further questions about MultiCharts
Follow me on Twitter

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

cory View Post

sysot1t View Post
+1

I'm not prepared to allow MultiCharts to have special treatment just because I like them and just because I think they are good guys. Our guidelines are not perfect. But they have served us very well for over a year and I do not see reason to change them right now. If you want to discuss vendors being given special treatment to some but not all on futures.io (formerly BMT), that is for another thread...

For the time being, if you guys have questions that you want MultiCharts to answer directly you can private message them or if you post here then MultiCharts can answer you by private message and make a reply on the forum indicating they've done so, so it does not appear they've ignored anyone. You can also call or email them or visit their site, etc.

Mike

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

FulcrumTrader View Post
Looking forward to see what the DOM looks like in MC when it does come out....any news on release date?

Last I heard, 2-4 weeks for the public beta.

Mike

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 24, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts