NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 195 posts (166 thanks)
    2. looks_two TonyB with 56 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 46 posts (41 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 27 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FulcrumTrader with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TonyB with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 336,165 views
    2. thumb_up 510 thanks given
    3. group 93 followers
    1. forum 827 posts
    2. attach_file 71 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS, TS & MC
Broker: TDA & TS
Trading: Stock, Options and now Futures (ES)
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 140

This doesn't merit a thread start, in my estimation at least, so I'll ask here...

I'm currently using MCDT, and have an offer in front of me now to purchase MC for 300 bucks off, so about $1,200.

With the exception of the money spent, are there any reasons why one might want to wait, or not purchase now? I'm of the understanding that all upgrades are provided to those who purchase MC. What about when it goes to 64 bit? Just trying to find a reason why one might not want to purchase at this time...

I can think of several reasons why I'd want to buy MC though. Thanks.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
 swz168 
Nuremberg, Germany

Experience: None
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 59

TonyB View Post
This doesn't merit a thread start, in my estimation at least, so I'll ask here...

I'm currently using MCDT, and have an offer in front of me now to purchase MC for 300 bucks off, so about $1,200.

With the exception of the money spent, are there any reasons why one might want to wait, or not purchase now? I'm of the understanding that all upgrades are provided to those who purchase MC. What about when it goes to 64 bit? Just trying to find a reason why one might not want to purchase at this time...

I can think of several reasons why I'd want to buy MC though. Thanks.

If you purchase the lifetime license, all major and minor updates are for free. As for the 64 bit version, you`ll be free to choose whether you use 32 or 64 bit, with no additional costs.

Thanked by:

Laurus12 
Norway

Experience: Advanced
Platform: MultiCharts, CQG, NinjaTrader
Broker: CQG, DTN IQFeed
Trading: EURO
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 363

swz168 View Post
If you purchase the lifetime license, all major and minor updates are for free. As for the 64 bit version, you`ll be free to choose whether you use 32 or 64 bit, with no additional costs.

SWZ, I was not aware of any 64-bit version. How do I obtain it? Are there any specifics that I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Laurus

“If you wish to see the truth, then hold no opinions for or against anything.” - Hsin Hsin Ming
 swz168 
Nuremberg, Germany

Laurus12 View Post
SWZ, I was not aware of any 64-bit version. How do I obtain it? Are there any specifics that I should be aware of?

It's in development and according to MC team, it will be released at the end of this summer.

Thanked by:

Laurus12 
Norway

Experience: Advanced
Platform: MultiCharts, CQG, NinjaTrader
Broker: CQG, DTN IQFeed
Trading: EURO
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 363

I just did a PM feature request and for those of you who think this would be a useful feature, could you please vote for it?

The link is: MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-400 - A percentage automatic ajustment of Instrument bar margin to the right when resizing a chart

Thanks,
Laurus

“If you wish to see the truth, then hold no opinions for or against anything.” - Hsin Hsin Ming

ShruggedAtlas 
Bloomington

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 75

Can anyone describe Multicharts real time screening/alerts capabilities?

What I'm looking for is a real time intra-day screener that will alert me instantly when a multi-timeframe condition exists within a large universe of stocks. It has to be fast, responsive and able to handle at least 1000 stocks at a time while processing custom indicators on two or more different time frames at the same time.

I don't want a scanner where you have to set it up and then every time you hit enter you get a static list of results. It has to be dynamic.

Can Multicharts do this?

I've looked at the multicharts help, downloaded the DT version and I'm currently in the trial period and I'm having difficulty working with the Scanner window. It appears to be very similar to Tradestation's Screener which I find unusable for my purposes.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
- Michael Jordan, 5-Time NBA Most Valuable Player, 6-Time NBA Champion
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Jura   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,352
Thanks Received: 690

ShruggedAtlas View Post
It has to be fast, responsive and able to handle at least 1000 stocks at a time while processing custom indicators on two or more different time frames at the same time.

[...]Can Multicharts do this?

'At least 1000 stocks' is not possible as far as I know:

Quoting 
This artificial limitation has been lifted in MultiCharts 7. You can now backtest in a portfolio as many symbols as memory will allow, which is realistically about 500-800 symbols.

Source: MultiCharts: Trading Software for Automated Trading and [AUTOLINK]Backtesting[/AUTOLINK] • View topic - [AUTOLINK]MultiCharts[/AUTOLINK] Portfolio Backtester News

Thanked by:

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

TonyB View Post
If anyone wants CSV files for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX, here you go:

Company List: [AUTOLINK]NASDAQ[/AUTOLINK], [AUTOLINK]NYSE[/AUTOLINK], & AMEX Companies - [AUTOLINK]NASDAQ[/AUTOLINK].com

And, if you have any luck getting the descriptions (company name) imported, feel free to let me know it's user error

For those who added the 6,600 stocks in these three exchanges, you also might want the 1,000+ ETF's. Yes, over 1k now!

Complete list of [AUTOLINK]ETFs[/AUTOLINK] - MasterDATA

Need to have the right column descriptions for MC before importing...

Thanked by:

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

If all goes well this weekend, I plant to put MC (MCDT) on another PC. Any tips / tricks on getting all that I've done on my current machine to be replicated on this new one?

Thanked by:
 swz168 
Nuremberg, Germany

TonyB View Post
If all goes well this weekend, I plant to put MC (MCDT) on another PC. Any tips / tricks on getting all that I've done on my current machine to be replicated on this new one?

This link should help you: MultiCharts: Trading Software for Automated Trading and [AUTOLINK]Backtesting[/AUTOLINK] • View topic - [AUTOLINK]MultiCharts[/AUTOLINK] FAQ

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 24, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts