NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 195 posts (166 thanks)
    2. looks_two TonyB with 56 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 46 posts (41 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 27 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FulcrumTrader with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TonyB with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 340,698 views
    2. thumb_up 510 thanks given
    3. group 93 followers
    1. forum 827 posts
    2. attach_file 71 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS, TS & MC
Broker: TDA & TS
Trading: Stock, Options and now Futures (ES)
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 140

So, we were not alone with those "ghost" trades. Thank you for sharing that Beta 3 is out.

What is the recommended way to upgrade to Beta 3? Do we first delete Beta 2, but save our workspaces? I prefer to not have to build those again...

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

TonyB View Post
So, we were not alone with those "ghost" trades. Thank you for sharing that Beta 3 is out.

What is the recommended way to upgrade to Beta 3? Do we first delete Beta 2, but save our workspaces? I prefer to not have to build those again...

Just run the setup, it is painless.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

Downloading it now, thanks. I'll leave Beta 2 installed, unless it states otherwise...

zury
Prague, Czech Republic

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 8

TonyB View Post

When uninstalling MC ...

... MC will ask u if you wanna keep your databases and workspaces and other data. So, dont worry about losing data this way either. Nice and smooth!

Thanked by:

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

zury View Post
When uninstalling MC ...

... MC will ask u if you wanna keep your databases and workspaces and other data. So, dont worry about losing data this way either. Nice and smooth!

Indeed, you are correct. And when I guess changing computers, like after buying a new one, it entails just moving that stored data to the new computer. I will be getting a new PC fairly soon...

That said, while the move to Beta 3 was smooth, the upgrade was not for MCDT. I'm sure that will happen at some point soon though.

Laurus12 
Norway

Platform: MultiCharts, CQG, NinjaTrader
Broker: CQG, DTN IQFeed
Trading: EURO
Thanks Given: 564
Thanks Received: 363

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if some of you have successfully set up the GomCD indicators for MC?

I have been told that I have to use ADE and ELCollections to get a proper indicator setup with IQFeed, but to be honest I can not figure it out. When I look at the content of the ELCollections.eld there is a lot of "List" and "Map" functions, but I guess it should not be necessary to have all those.

I have read that one need a 3 series setup with bid/ask/trade in the same chart, which seems logical, but nowhere have I read where ADE and ELCollections are included in the CD discussion. If I have understood it right the thought is that ADE and ELCollections ensures that CD indicators get all 3 series of data so necessary CD calculations can be done.

If anyone have successfully set up the MC GomCD with or without ADE and ELCollections, could you please share how you have done it?

From what I have understood, together with the new IQFeed-dll the new tick id sequencing in MC 7 should do the trick for accurate CD analysis.

Thanks,
Laurus

“If you wish to see the truth, then hold no opinions for or against anything.” - Hsin Hsin Ming

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

Laurus12 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if some of you have successfully set up the GomCD indicators for MC?

I have been told that I have to use ADE and ELCollections to get a proper indicator setup with IQFeed, but to be honest I can not figure it out. When I look at the content of the ELCollections.eld there is a lot of "List" and "Map" functions, but I guess it should not be necessary to have all those.

I have read that one need a 3 series setup with bid/ask/trade in the same chart, which seems logical, but nowhere have I read where ADE and ELCollections are included in the CD discussion. If I have understood it right the thought is that ADE and ELCollections ensures that CD indicators get all 3 series of data so necessary CD calculations can be done.

If anyone have successfully set up the MC GomCD with or without ADE and ELCollections, could you please share how you have done it?

From what I have understood, together with the new IQFeed-dll the new tick id sequencing in MC 7 should do the trick for accurate CD analysis.

Thanks,
Laurus

Yeah I have no idea really. I saw that in the release notes, but it seems they didn't even include a base indicator for cumulative delta volume. Surely they have one, that they used to test it works

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Laurus12 
Norway

Big Mike View Post
Yeah I have no idea really. I saw that in the release notes, but it seems they didn't even include a base indicator for cumulative delta volume. Surely they have one, that they used to test it works

Mike

Thank you for your quick reply Mike. I was not sure if you all had it or not, but here you have the GomCD's for MC.

A better place to start maybe

I got them from Jeff. I hope I am not doing for some reason anything wrong by posting them in public.

Edit: Thought it might be better if I moved the file to the Elite Downloads and Indicators section.

Laurus

“If you wish to see the truth, then hold no opinions for or against anything.” - Hsin Hsin Ming

Laurus12 
Norway

In case they will be needed I also attach the ADE and ELCollections files. These are the latest versions that is available I believe.

The basic instructions on how to install them is included in the zip-files. For example to install ELCollections, just put the ELCollections.dll in the same place as MultiCharts.exe. Then import ELCollections.eld. Thats how far I came on the matter.

Laurus

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: ADE.zip
Elite Membership required to download: ELCollections.zip
Thanked by:

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

I'd like to possibly chart and paper trade some European and Asian index futures such as the FDAX and HSI, but MC said that I need to create their corresponding exchanges first though. While I see how to do that, some details are requested for which I'm not sure how to populate.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 24, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts