NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 195 posts (166 thanks)
    2. looks_two TonyB with 56 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 46 posts (41 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 27 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FulcrumTrader with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TonyB with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 340,164 views
    2. thumb_up 510 thanks given
    3. group 93 followers
    1. forum 827 posts
    2. attach_file 71 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,207
Thanks Received: 101,599

MultiCharts View Post
We can introduce all standard Windows fonts, do you think that's necessary?

Yes actually, I want to customize font and font size. I'm just talking about on the ladder. There should also be color customizations for all things on the ladder, including background, foreground, bid, ask, last, pending, etc.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

MultiCharts 
Columbus, Ohio, US

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Multiple/Multiple
Trading: ES, EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 74
Thanks Received: 172

I just want to update everyone - your input is much appreciated, especially at this stage. We have located several issues with Custom Futures, the DOM and some other things, so we might be releasing beta2 pretty soon. Now is the time to make all suggestions based on your observations, so together we can make the trading platform that you want to see. Our PM system is a great way to document your wishes, it just makes it easier - forum suggestions may get inadvertently lost.

Once again, thank you to all of you that take your time and efforts to analyze the software and tell us what you think. It wouldn't be what it is today without you (even the PM was created in part because of Big Mike )

MultiCharts - Raising the Trading Standard.
Please send me a private message if you have any further questions about MultiCharts
Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

MultiCharts View Post
We are checking into this issue now. There is a nuance with IB - it does not send PnL through the API, so what we do is calculate it ourselves on every incoming tick. It might be a little slow, but not two ticks behind. We will see what we can do about speeding it up for beta2.

I am using TT.

Mike

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Please see this as well: probably only related to TT, but they aren't exactly small - so this should be addressed. Other platforms allow work arounds easily.

In short, I want to change the scale so it is displayed correctly and not as an integer. But trying to do this via QM is not working as expected on the DOM.

Mike

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

MultiCharts View Post
I just want to update everyone - your input is much appreciated, especially at this stage. We have located several issues with Custom Futures, the DOM and some other things, so we might be releasing beta2 pretty soon. Now is the time to make all suggestions based on your observations, so together we can make the trading platform that you want to see. Our PM system is a great way to document your wishes, it just makes it easier - forum suggestions may get inadvertently lost.

Once again, thank you to all of you that take your time and efforts to analyze the software and tell us what you think. It wouldn't be what it is today without you (even the PM was created in part because of Big Mike )

Next highest on my list is to associate a chart with the DOM, for symbol mapping across two providers. Doesn't have to be fancy. This way chart trader works as it should, and trades show up on the chart as they should, when using iqfeed charting.

Mike

MultiCharts 
Columbus, Ohio, US

Big Mike View Post
Next highest on my list is to associate a chart with the DOM, for symbol mapping across two providers. Doesn't have to be fancy. This way chart trader works as it should, and trades show up on the chart as they should, when using iqfeed charting.

Mike

Two-way symbol mapping (not only from the provider to the broker, but also from the broker back to the provider), so that it can be displayed on the chart is very high on our list. It is conceptually difficult to do, but we will try hard to get it done by a later beta, or the release. That way, you can use IQ in DOM and the chart, trade on IB and see all your trades and strategies show up.

Please send me a private message if you have any further questions about MultiCharts
Follow me on Twitter

MultiCharts 
Columbus, Ohio, US

We just discovered an interesting behavior, which concerns those of you who use IB. We would like to seek your opinion on what to do. We have heard reports that IB PnL is slow to update, and we found out why.

IB and some other programs calculate the PnL by comparing your entry price to the last TRADE price. We on the other hand thought it conceptually proper to compare your entry price to the price which allows you to exit your position, i.e. if you are long, PnL is the distance from the entryprice to the bestask, and if you are short the PnL is the entryprice to bestbid. The reason is this - it gives you a more realistic picture. If you compare the PnL to the last Trade, but there is a huge spread, it may appear to you that you have, let's say $2000 profit. You see this $2000 profit, and all exited, you close - but because the spread is huge you end up breakeven, or even with a loss. This is an extreme example, but that's what caused us to do it this way.

The problem comes from this, we pulled up the Times and Sales in Interactive Brokers TWS and the LAST field is updated much more frequently than the ask and the bid fields (about 5 times more often). So, it takes us a while until the next ask or bid comes.

The million dollar question is - do we keep it the way it is, or match IB?
-If we keep it the way it is, it's more accurate in our opinion, but it doesn't match IB and updates slower than IB.
-If we match IB, the updates and matching will be solved, but it won't be as accurate as we think it deserves to be.

Your opinions?

Follow me on Twitter

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

I would rather it be by last.

Also, can anyone with TT confirm they see any trades going off at the bid on the dom on 6E? I swear this is a weird and scary bug on the dom or something... all trades go off at the ask, and never the bid. The last is never the bid.

Mike

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: dom.swf
razorbuzz
Hannover / Germany

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 11

MultiCharts View Post

Hi, that's sounds good - here are my 2 cents:
I use MCDT since alpha in live Modus with a small account to test. It's much more stable then NT 7.;-) thats the good news.

DOM: customizing would be nice ( but I think I don't trade better if I have other fonts,colors etc ;-)
DOM: additional to add Price-Volume to the ladder on let or right side of the price ( my highest topic on the list)
DOM: Time & Sales add to the DOM, or if not possible to integrate it in MCDT ( I 'didn't find it today. )

Charting: If I detach any chart window, i miss the toolbar "drawing" on every chart. the workaround is th activate the detached window then choose the drawing toll from the main-menu. I have 3 screens and 6 detached windows on one workspace, so it's a little bit complicated.

Bug:
If I change the instrument in the DOM I get a spike with wrong data in the charting which is linked to it.
( Zenfire, not collecting data, ) It is reproducible . no matter which instrument. the situation is on every instrument
If you want to see it and test it live give me a PM.

so thats my 2 cents
razor

medias 
Karlsruhe, Germany

Platform: MultiCharts, AmiBroker
Broker: IB/IQFeed
Trading: Stocks, Emini ES
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 49

MultiCharts View Post
The million dollar question is - do we keep it the way it is, or match IB?
-If we keep it the way it is, it's more accurate in our opinion, but it doesn't match IB and updates slower than IB.
-If we match IB, the updates and matching will be solved, but it won't be as accurate as we think it deserves to be.

Your opinions?

I would highly prefer the first suggestion: being accurate is what I want.

I use IB as my broker, and I am used to this behavior with Ninja Trader. Ninja Trader also "tells the truth" in th P/L. When I enter trades via the API (doesnt't matter NT or MC), I also watch my P/L in the executing platform, so accurate P/L is important to me.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 24, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts