NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 195 posts (166 thanks)
    2. looks_two TonyB with 56 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 46 posts (41 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Snoop with 27 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one FulcrumTrader with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 MultiCharts with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TonyB with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 336,307 views
    2. thumb_up 510 thanks given
    3. group 93 followers
    1. forum 827 posts
    2. attach_file 71 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

MultiCharts, MultiCharts, MultiCharts...

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,539

zury View Post
Something weird happened yesterday to my Range Bar , using MC7 DT Beta 3.
See the picture...

I notice you are using IB. Probably a bad tick, their tick data is terrible.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

jdfagan 
Pacifica, CA

Platform: AmiBroker, TradeStation, NinjaTrader
Broker: Options House
Trading: Futures, Stocks
Thanks Given: 68
Thanks Received: 44

bampairtrading View Post
Do you have any additional information on the TS independent Easylanguage editor - such as features, when it will be available, what it does? Thanks and look forward to hearing more about it.

One thing I've done is simply use UltraEdit (I've written up an EasyLanguage language recognition script for UltraEdit that color codes for you in this editor).

I'll try and dig up the .uew file I have that allows one to use this nice generic programming editor for EL programming.

Also, a nice side benefit of working this way is saving your files as text (e.g., *.el files) and then you can version control such files with your favorite version control system (e.g., I'm a big fan of Mercurial using BitBucket's free code repository service).

JD

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

jdfagan 
Pacifica, CA

aslan View Post
The renko bars in MC have the same issues as NT used to have (and may still have), namely they do not track and maintain the wick data when the bars are built. By definition, the renko bars are really high/low bars, and MC builds and draws them in this fashion. If you look in the data window, you will see that only two values are maintained vs OHLC. Tradestation does the same thing btw.

This lack of wick data, is why backtested strategies never pan out with renko.

Completely agree with you. Furthermore, they have gaps at the reversals too which is bad IMO (with renko that drives potential automated trading, I believe next bar's open should always start from prior bar's close - even for reversals - I know, not traditional renko, but I think its a better trading/realistic renko). This is why NT has an advantage over MC - it allows one to develop their own custom bar types and correct these flawed implementations of Renko with our own custom versions.

I'm catching up on the MC threads today and thinking about moving over to MC. But this one feature, allowing for custom bar types to be created by end user, would be a nice feature for MC to have - would help make it one of the very few trading platforms that has that powerful/advanced feature.

JD

Follow me on Twitter

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS, TS & MC
Broker: TDA & TS
Trading: Stock, Options and now Futures (ES)
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 140

My attempt to import all NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX stocks into MC has been a bit difficult. For some odd reason I cannot get the descriptions to take...

Is there an easy way to remove or delete all symbols with an exchange? My import into the NASDAQ exchange went awry and I'd like to delete all 2,833 stock entries, but don't see an easy way to make this happen. Thank you.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

Laurus12 View Post
1) You can not get it better. This is a limitation with MC. I have suggested an independent adjustment for the spacing only to support, but my impression is that it is not on the high priority list. You could do a feature request. I'll vote for it The best I have come up with is bar spacing 4 or 8.

Laurus,

I have just entered this feature request in the MC PM database. I did it for MCDT since that is what I'm using--I suppose MC regular version has this limitation as well? Here is the link, please vote for it!

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-320 - Changing candle / bar width independently of spacing

Thanked by:

Laurus12 
Norway

Platform: MultiCharts, CQG, NinjaTrader
Broker: CQG, DTN IQFeed
Trading: EURO
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 363

josh View Post
Laurus,

I have just entered this feature request in the MC PM database. I did it for MCDT since that is what I'm using--I suppose MC regular version has this limitation as well? Here is the link, please vote for it!

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-320 - Changing candle / bar width independently of spacing

It's done

“If you wish to see the truth, then hold no opinions for or against anything.” - Hsin Hsin Ming
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,539

TonyB View Post
My attempt to import all NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX stocks into MC has been a bit difficult. For some odd reason I cannot get the descriptions to take...

Is there an easy way to remove or delete all symbols with an exchange? My import into the NASDAQ exchange went awry and I'd like to delete all 2,833 stock entries, but don't see an easy way to make this happen. Thank you.

I imported dozens of them using the iqfeed symbol dictionary in quotemanager, everything worked as expected. You are using iqfeed?

As for deleting, can't you standard windows multi-select in QM and press delete? Ctrl-A or click the first one, scroll to bottom of list, and shift-click the last one?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

jdfagan 
Pacifica, CA

NW27 View Post
Hi,

There seems to be all kinds of discussions/subjects under the one thread of "Multicharts, Multicharts............."
How about starting new threads for different Multichart topics.

It would make things so much easier to find. I.e. "Multicharts - Zenfire Discusssion" etc.

Neil.

Amen to that! While this thread is awesome, it is HUGE and really contains many different subjects within Multicharts. I vote we close it to new posts and allow for subjects/threads to flow within the Multicharts sub-forum -> we do have a section for Multicharts threads ( MultiCharts - Big Mike's Trading Forum). So why not just create new threads when necessary instead of jumping onto this massive Multicharts, Multicharts, Multicharts... thread?

Its 18 pages long already and has taken me days to go from page 1 to almost near the last page on this thread, but much of what I read I would have skipped over if it had just been threaded a bit more than this thick cable

Cheers,

JD

Follow me on Twitter

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

Big Mike View Post
I imported dozens of them using the iqfeed symbol dictionary in quotemanager, everything worked as expected. You are using iqfeed?

As for deleting, can't you standard windows multi-select in QM and press delete? Ctrl-A or click the first one, scroll to bottom of list, and shift-click the last one?

Mike

Mike, multi-select works, but would take a long time for that many entries... I was not aware of cntrl A - and that did the trick! Thanks much.

When you imported symbols before, were you able to get the descriptions imported also? My feed is OEC, not iqfeed...

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

If anyone wants CSV files for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX, here you go:

Company List: [AUTOLINK]NASDAQ[/AUTOLINK], [AUTOLINK]NYSE[/AUTOLINK], & AMEX Companies - [AUTOLINK]NASDAQ[/AUTOLINK].com

And, if you have any luck getting the descriptions (company name) imported, feel free to let me know it's user error

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 24, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts