NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMP Futures and Mirus (NinjaTrader Brokerage as of June 30 2014), which one is better

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 35 posts (58 thanks)
    2. looks_two kronie with 19 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 AMP Trading with 16 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sandman with 13 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one scalpingticks with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two sysot1t with 8.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SimpleSimon with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 192,735 views
    2. thumb_up 276 thanks given
    3. group 104 followers
    1. forum 378 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

Search this Thread

AMP Futures and Mirus (NinjaTrader Brokerage as of June 30 2014), which one is better

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Zoethecus View Post
Has NT7 solved the COBC=False integrity issue for backtesting?

No, you need two dataseries (ie: 1 tick or 1 range, 1 minute, whatever is "good enough" for you) plus the desired dataseries, then submit all orders to the smaller time frame. But that is really off topic for this thread.

Even then, things are not perfect because with COBC false Close[1] is needed to get the close of prior bar after FirstTickOfBar, whereas it would require different code for the multiple dataseries work-around for backtesting.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

Thanks again for the info Mike. I'm thinking I will try Mirus because it sounds like their 24hour service is quite good. I have been in contact with a Dorman rep by email. He quoted me the same the margins. I'm wondering if there is a customer service advantage of dealing with Mirus in the middle?

Big Mike View Post
Yes but we're comparing Amp and Mirus.

They are practically twins. Both have Zen Fire and Dorman. The real difference is in the margins and commissions.

I've found the margins and commissions of Mirus to be better than Amp.

Mike

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Hi Mike, sorry for the barrage of questions and also for hijacking the AMP/MIRUS discussion forum, but you have brought up something I'm trying to figure out.

I've been using MT4 up until now. The platform doesn't offer tick charting so I had been using an indicator program to record the ticks coming from the broker. The problem was as soon as I shut down my pc, often not by choice as where I live the power regularly goes out, when getting back online after some period of time there was no way to get the missing data as the MT4 brokers don't provide tick data. With NT7 on Zen trading CME products, if I was offline for an hour or two, say, upon rebooting would I be able to download the tick data from NT7 immediately and continue trading or is there a long process in getting the backfill?

Many Thanks again for the great site!

Big Mike View Post
If you use NinjaTrader, then Zen Fire historical data comes from NT itself and is very good. In fact, it is excellent. With NT7 the continuous contracts work as they should, so NT7+Zen Fire is a nice combination.

If you don't use NinjaTrader, there is no such thing as backfill for Zen Fire. Well, MultiCharts has three days. If you do a lot of backtesting, you'll want NT7 not NT 6.5 for the continuous contract features.

Personally, I use IQFeed with MultiCharts. I have Zen Fire in MultiCharts, too, but everything is just easier with IQFeed.

Mike

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

syxforex View Post
Hi Mike, sorry for the barrage of questions and also for hijacking the AMP/MIRUS discussion forum, but you have brought up something I'm trying to figure out.

I've been using MT4 up until now. The platform doesn't offer tick charting so I had been using an indicator program to record the ticks coming from the broker. The problem was as soon as I shut down my pc, often not by choice as where I live the power regularly goes out, when getting back online after some period of time there was no way to get the missing data as the MT4 brokers don't provide tick data. With NT7 on Zen trading CME products, if I was offline for an hour or two, say, upon rebooting would I be able to download the tick data from NT7 immediately and continue trading or is there a long process in getting the backfill?

Many Thanks again for the great site!

Yes, it's possible, the historical ticks are stored on Ninja servers (AFAIK...), so you can have the correct tick based chart, and process of reloading is quite fast.

But is it serious to trade regular power issues ?
That's another question...

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Thanks a lot for the info Sam028. The power, yes the power, I'm out in the country right now, quite rural and open. We get a lot of thunder and lightning this time of year as we go into summer. The thunder and lightning comes quick out here and can knock out power for a minute or a few hours at least once per week from now till end of summer, the local hydro company is weak weak weak, but there is generally ample warning. And sometimes I just like the sound of shutting down the PC That's great to hear that it's a quick fix to get the charts up and ready. Thanks a lot for the info!

sam028 View Post
Yes, it's possible, the historical ticks are stored on Ninja servers (AFAIK...), so you can have the correct tick based chart, and process of reloading is quite fast.

But is it serious to trade regular power issues ?
That's another question...

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Sam is quite right, NinjaTrader themselves maintain the historical data server for Zen Fire. If you use a platform other than NT and still use Zen Fire, you won't have this feature. Zen Fire goes hand in hand with NinjaTrader, it's a "must" really if you trade futures. Now you may also wish to add IQFeed to that if you need accurate bid/ask or if you trade stocks.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 FR5050 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 35

Hello Big Mike:

This is just a suggestion:

Since we have almost 5000 members on the futures.io (formerly BMT) forum now, maybe you can shoot an email to Mirus and IQfeed and ask them for special discount on commissions or maybe some other privilage for the futures.io (formerly BMT) members or if you want just for the Elite members!

What do you think?

FR5050 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 35

One more Idea:

Maybe at least you can select a broker at Mirus and all futures.io (formerly BMT) members deal with him/her. This way we get the best service given the amount of business that we will give to that broker from futures.io (formerly BMT).

syxforex 
British Columbia

That's quite excellent. I spoke with a rep at Mirus but the Dorman guy got back to me quicker so I'll run the demo with Dorman if they can provide a demo of NT7 on ZF, still waiting to hear about that as the generic demo is still 6.5.

I can't wait to get into that historical data, though I am cautiously optimistic regarding so many stability issues I've been reading about, but supposing that goes with the territory, I'm ready for the periodic crash. It will be worth all the awesome functionality that it promises. Can't wait to get it running! I learned technical analysis on MT4 and once I got into tick charting it just couldn't do the computing I was asking it to do. I'm really looking forward to expanding my horizons beyond the Euro and doing some charting in CL and the Dow. CL looks like it has some really nice flowing cycles, can't wait to start playing around with the charts!

Big Mike View Post
Sam is quite right, NinjaTrader themselves maintain the historical data server for Zen Fire. If you use a platform other than NT and still use Zen Fire, you won't have this feature. Zen Fire goes hand in hand with NinjaTrader, it's a "must" really if you trade futures. Now you may also wish to add IQFeed to that if you need accurate bid/ask or if you trade stocks.

Mike

Treggs 
Working on my LCD tan

Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 52

Haverchuck View Post
RCG updates your account info in near real-time. So after you make a trade through them, you can log in to your online account to confirm your trade within a few minutes. With Dorman, you generally have to wait until midnite EST to confirm your trade details. Since I'm a little on the obsessive compulsive side, I switched from Dorman to RCG just for this reason.

I also just switched from Dorman to RCG. The RCG web login was a nice extra but I discovered you can't trade the FTSE futures through Dorman. My orders got rejected using Dorman.

Last Updated on January 9, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts