NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Crude conversations

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Maelstrom with 60 posts (51 thanks)
    2. looks_two peterg with 10 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 roreilly with 5 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rubyslippage with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PandaWarrior with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Maelstrom with 0.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 peterg with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 roreilly with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,935 views
    2. thumb_up 65 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 81 posts
    2. attach_file 47 attachments

Search this Thread

Crude conversations

Maelstrom 
Austin, Texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: RTY, ES, YM
Thanks Given: 694
Thanks Received: 406

.... and make you say, "what the hell was I thinking" lol.

Spent some time this morning going through this one, and other old posts, and it has been interesting to say the least -
even a little painful maybe. A few things were made clear to me though, and they are not anything new by any means.

First is how easy it is to jump around to the "new idea" whenever my secret sauce method hits a rough spot. Really been all over the board over the years, trying this, tweaking that. But looking back on some of the things I have done, there were definitely some glimmers of some good stuff, and some other things that leave me scratching my head as to why.

My second revelation has been.... almost anything as far as a method can work. Flipping a coin, using 30 different indicators, measuring the brightness of constellations in the night sky to determine a trade direction....if, and a BIG if, there is the realization it can (and probably) will be wrong. In the simplest terms, managing risk. Not taking losses personally, managing them to minimize impact, creeping back to the "let me tweak this for the 1000th time to get 100% wins" Because the good trades are there, maybe not now or today, but if I am not there and ready for them when they do, then this can never work.

I am a slow, and stubborn learner - my wife will attest to that.

So, I will be back to posting a bit. I thought to jump back into someone else's journal - @michaelleemoore 's Scalper's Journey has been great, lots of great people that have been on there, and I miss the activity there. Also thought of starting a new journal, but that seems like that would defeat the purpose of a journal. So, here we go - feel free to post, comment, hijack, whatever, and I will work on posting what I am doing.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Maelstrom 
Austin, Texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: RTY, ES, YM
Thanks Given: 694
Thanks Received: 406

ES trade before the open, break of consolidation. Took more heat than I would have liked, not surprising taking the first break like that, but got out with +5 ticks. Waiting for direction now.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 17, 2017

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts