NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 318,918 views
    2. thumb_up 840 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

khe91 View Post
"Always start in simulation" is disabled
It's a NT problem ... hoping for NT 8.1 ;-)

Nope - this is a Jigsaw problem - or rather, a problem we can resolve in Jigsaw - just not on your charts, only on our D*S.

Fix in process.

Cross your fingers..

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 khe91 
Chemnitz Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 102

DionysusToast View Post

Nope - this is a Jigsaw problem - or rather, a problem we can resolve in Jigsaw - just not on your charts, only on our D*S.

Fix in process.

Cross your fingers..

Thanks for the new 5.2.8 version with the fix. Works well.

Thanked by:
 Bango 
Trieste, Italy

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart, Jigsaw
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Bund, Dax, ES
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 12

Hi Pete,

It would be very nice to have a Sierra Chart version of THE best tools out there...

Meanwhile I'll enjoy Jigsaw tools on Ninja as far as possible.

THANKS

Follow me on Twitter
 haljordan 
LA, CA USA

Platform: ToS, SC, Jigsaw
Trading: Index and Energy Futures, Forex, Options
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 14

@DionysusToast

hi Pete,

I am back with another question/request/beg.

first the question.

Before the past two updates, when i opened up the S5 trader at anytime, D&S would automatically populate the volume profile based on the the start of the "session" (in quotes because the way OEC does sessions is inexplicably idiotic). But now, when i open S5, the volume profile starts collecting from the point where Jigsaw initiates the connection. is that by design? or do i have something in the settings that is causing this? For ex: During ETH, if i open up S5 at say 10 PM EST, the D&S used to download the volume for the entire ETH. however now, the construction of the vol profile begins at when D&S gets the data connection.

Now the request. I mentioned this in the chat room as well and I hope this would be useful for other OEC/S5 users. the volume profile clear button is FANTASTIC....but if there was ANY way to incorporate an option that clears the profile at a user specified time that would be MORE FANTASTIC. if someone cannot be at the screen at 9:29:29 to manually click the button it sort of makes it difficult afterwards, as you already know, it does not give the right picture. another scenario (from personal experience multiple times). say the clear profile button is pressed at the right time and afterwards OEC/S5 crashes and it shuts down or has to be restarted, the vol profile just downloads the entire OEC "session" instead of the time (9:30:00) the clear volume button was pressed.

Any chance this could possibly be considered, I, and most likely many OEC users, will be very very grateful. you are the only hope because OEC is deaf when it comes to listening to their customers plea for actual session breakdown settings.

A massive jigsaw fan...

Cheers

rhuz 
DF, Mexico.

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: IB/DTN IQ Feed
Trading: Futures and Stocks
Thanks Given: 355
Thanks Received: 399

Bango View Post
Hi Pete,

It would be very nice to have a Sierra Chart version of THE best tools out there...

Meanwhile I'll enjoy Jigsaw tools on Ninja as far as possible.

THANKS

I second that idea. Jigsaw would make SC the most complete trading platform. (For me).
Currently using 3 different softwares because of that.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

rhuz View Post
I second that idea. Jigsaw would make SC the most complete trading platform. (For me).
Currently using 3 different softwares because of that.

Funny you should say that.

Something in the pipeline for Sierra lovers. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

haljordan View Post
@DionysusToast

hi Pete,

I am back with another question/request/beg.

first the question.

Before the past two updates, when i opened up the S5 trader at anytime, D&S would automatically populate the volume profile based on the the start of the "session" (in quotes because the way OEC does sessions is inexplicably idiotic). But now, when i open S5, the volume profile starts collecting from the point where Jigsaw initiates the connection. is that by design? or do i have something in the settings that is causing this? For ex: During ETH, if i open up S5 at say 10 PM EST, the D&S used to download the volume for the entire ETH. however now, the construction of the vol profile begins at when D&S gets the data connection.

Now the request. I mentioned this in the chat room as well and I hope this would be useful for other OEC/S5 users. the volume profile clear button is FANTASTIC....but if there was ANY way to incorporate an option that clears the profile at a user specified time that would be MORE FANTASTIC. if someone cannot be at the screen at 9:29:29 to manually click the button it sort of makes it difficult afterwards, as you already know, it does not give the right picture. another scenario (from personal experience multiple times). say the clear profile button is pressed at the right time and afterwards OEC/S5 crashes and it shuts down or has to be restarted, the vol profile just downloads the entire OEC "session" instead of the time (9:30:00) the clear volume button was pressed.

Any chance this could possibly be considered, I, and most likely many OEC users, will be very very grateful. you are the only hope because OEC is deaf when it comes to listening to their customers plea for actual session breakdown settings.

A massive jigsaw fan...

Cheers

It's supposed to grab the profile since the start of the session. As you know with OEC - that's right back to the start of the Globex session.

We can fix this (and so could OEC) but right now I am whipping 3 developers over a larger project of which this is a part.

If I can bring this portion forwards, I will - otherwise it's scheduled for Q1 2015.

Thanked by:
 haljordan 
LA, CA USA

DionysusToast View Post
It's supposed to grab the profile since the start of the session. As you know with OEC - that's right back to the start of the Globex session.

We can fix this (and so could OEC) but right now I am whipping 3 developers over a larger project of which this is a part.

If I can bring this portion forwards, I will - otherwise it's scheduled for Q1 2015.

You had mentioned that the session profile of OEC was scheduled for next year in response to my prior question on this message board. But i thought the clear profile button was the workaround and you had moved it up from 2015 to now and this was it. So there is additional functionality scheduled in 2015 for the OEC sessions problem then. thanks a LOT. it will be VERY useful considering OEC does not care.

Regarding the D&S not downloading the entire OEC session profile when i start OEC trader at a random time, i don't think i have explained my question correctly. I will try to capture a screenshot of this to give you a better idea of what I am trying to ask.

Once again, thanks a lot for your consideration and all your time.

Have a great remainder of the weekend.

haljordan View Post
You had mentioned that the session profile of OEC was scheduled for next year in response to my prior question on this message board. But i thought the clear profile button was the workaround and you had moved it up from 2015 to now and this was it. So there is additional functionality scheduled in 2015 for the OEC sessions problem then. thanks a LOT. it will be VERY useful considering OEC does not care.

Regarding the D&S not downloading the entire OEC session profile when i start OEC trader at a random time, i don't think i have explained my question correctly. I will try to capture a screenshot of this to give you a better idea of what I am trying to ask.

Once again, thanks a lot for your consideration and all your time.

Have a great remainder of the weekend.

Correct - the clear profile is a work around.

The session settings is still needed to properly automate it and is part of the larger project.

I look forward to seeing the screen shot.

I think it's not so much OEC don't care as much as they have a lot on their plate right now. They have actually been very reactive to stuff we've been discussing with them. For instance the improvements in bid/ask matching they made in late 2013 was partly as a result of discussions we had with them. They've also done work behind the scenes to support what Jigsaw is doing as well as giving us heads up when they do something that may interfere with the way we integrate.

So OEC have been instrumental in use delivering on that platform and helping both with requests from Jigsaw and Stage 5 (and sometimes both), it's just a lot of that is invisible to you as you just see the finished product.

Thanked by:
 haljordan 
LA, CA USA

DionysusToast View Post
Correct - the clear profile is a work around.

The session settings is still needed to properly automate it and is part of the larger project.

I look forward to seeing the screen shot.

I think it's not so much OEC don't care as much as they have a lot on their plate right now. They have actually been very reactive to stuff we've been discussing with them. For instance the improvements in bid/ask matching they made in late 2013 was partly as a result of discussions we had with them. They've also done work behind the scenes to support what Jigsaw is doing as well as giving us heads up when they do something that may interfere with the way we integrate.

So OEC have been instrumental in use delivering on that platform and helping both with requests from Jigsaw and Stage 5 (and sometimes both), it's just a lot of that is invisible to you as you just see the finished product.

boss, if you say so we will give OEC a pass :-). if they helped you out, they helped us out. thanks to them.

Regarding the screenshot, i have been very busy at work and haven't had a chance to actually pay much attention lately. I will try to share the screenshot as soon as i get a chance. apologies on that.
thanks for all your help and your time.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts