NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 325,191 views
    2. thumb_up 841 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

rlygangesh View Post
hi Peter Sir,/@big Mike sir/ fellow trader

i am using price action for my trading with little success. you may say my account is positive only.

i want to go my trading on next level with Order flow but little knowledge about order flow & market profile, i have done some courses on india related to market profile & orderflow. i have spent little time with Gomi, Fin-Alg.com software but still unable to develop any fruitful system with these stuff

you may that actually i am unsuccessful due to my knowledge about this stuff, can you guide me about this?

i wanted to use your NT tools for this but

are your webinars on futures.io enough for develop a good trading system or i have to take your knowledge section too?

It depends on what you've tried.

I think a lot of people fail because they are trying to use order flow in locations that no-one should trade - like attempts to trade at the low of the day.

Are you in India? If so - we have a version for Indian markets to test - I might throw in some freebies if you help with that!

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 Brianclough 
Winter park ,fla

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Trade station TOS
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

matthew28 View Post
As Pete said, somebody, @tradertom2012; has already coded it and put it in the Downloads/Indicators section. I haven't used it but the feedback is all positive.

I don't know whether linking to the indicators is the right thing to do so just go to Ninjatrader8 Indicators and use the keyword search at the top left and select Volume.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

rlygangesh 
NEW PANVEL

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: future
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 10

DionysusToast View Post
It depends on what you've tried.

I think a lot of people fail because they are trying to use order flow in locations that no-one should trade - like attempts to trade at the low of the day.

Are you in India? If so - we have a version for Indian markets to test - I might throw in some freebies if you help with that!

yup i m from india. eager to test , i also need some education advice too

matthew28 View Post
As Pete said, somebody, @tradertom2012; has already coded it and put it in the Downloads/Indicators section. I haven't used it but the feedback is all positive.
I don't know whether linking to the indicators is the right thing to do so just go to Ninjatrader8 Indicators and use the keyword search at the top left and select Volume.

Link would be cool!!!

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
 Effanzomane 
Calgary Alberta

Platform: Daytradr
Trading: ES/CL
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 0

matthew28 View Post

Thanks for the heads up. I'm aware of how to add an indicator to a chart and how to import an indicator from an external file, however, I can't seem to figure out how to search for indicators within the NT8 database?

Anybody mind pointing me in the right direction?

EDIT: Just realized you were suggesting a search within Futures io. Currently gone through the first 15 indicator/downloads pages and counting. Search for tradertom2012 didn't yield much. Will let you guys know if I find it

Thanks!

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

@Effanzomane
@DionysusToast

This one!

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
 sienna 
Melbourne, Australia

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage
Trading: Many
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 281
Thanks Received: 124

Hi Peter
Having signed up, I recieved this from you in my email (below) and am wondering if it will be recorded, as it is 5.am my time:
"We also happy to announce that we've been asked to present, along with other guest speakers, at a webinar hosted by Traders Talk Live on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Traders Talk Live is a platform for beginners and advanced traders to learn about trading strategies, tips, and more.

At 1:00PM EST, Jigsaw Trading will be presenting "Order Flow: Keeping It Simple, Practical & Effective." In this free webinar, we will take a look at why you might want to use Order Flow in your trading. We will introduce simple, yet effective methods you can use to improve your trading edge. ......."
Thanks

Sienna

sienna View Post
Hi Peter
Having signed up, I recieved this from you in my email (below) and am wondering if it will be recorded, as it is 5.am my time:
"We also happy to announce that we've been asked to present, along with other guest speakers, at a webinar hosted by Traders Talk Live on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Traders Talk Live is a platform for beginners and advanced traders to learn about trading strategies, tips, and more.

At 1:00PM EST, Jigsaw Trading will be presenting "Order Flow: Keeping It Simple, Practical & Effective." In this free webinar, we will take a look at why you might want to use Order Flow in your trading. We will introduce simple, yet effective methods you can use to improve your trading edge. ......."
Thanks

Sienna

Not sure - it's up to the host whether they record them or now - sort of "webinar etiquette" - I am sure if you register you'll get emails of any recordings...

Thanked by:
 roadahead 
Dubai UAE

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

Hi Peter,

Wanted to ask what is meaning of a block trade (reading) in Daytradr?

Thanks!

LukePoga 
Sydney Australia

Platform: Rithmic API
Trading: ES CL
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 24

Everyone is doing OF now. The edge has been blunted. Whats the next great thing after order-flow? I was thinking virtual reality headsets. dayTradr VR?

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts