NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 319,456 views
    2. thumb_up 840 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

matthew28 View Post
I tried the daytradr sim functionality in the standalone version on Friday and it worked well. The Journalytix site is necessary to create the sim account and then when you open daytradr that sim account is available in the DOM trade panel account drop down window.
You do though need to ensure that in the configuration options for daytradr you have your correct Jigsaw membership username and password entered (for submitting trades to Jigsaw for the trade data analysis), as daytradr needs to contact the website to access the sim account details you created there.

Thx for the reply.

If I create a CQG demo account which has accurate fills, there is no need to go through the process above. I don't understand why this process is needed for the new SIM functionality but is not needed for the traditional CQG sim account.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

arnie 
Europe

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Jigsaw
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Equities
Thanks Given: 763
Thanks Received: 1,048

xplorer View Post
Thx for the reply.

If I create a CQG demo account which has accurate fills, there is no need to go through the process above. I don't understand why this process is needed for the new SIM functionality but is not needed for the traditional CQG sim account.

A CQG demo account is a CQG demo account. It has nothing to do with daytradr. It only lasts for 15 days. After that you need to submit for a new demo.
Daytradr SIM account is a daytradr SIM account. It's not tied to a specific feed. You can use any feed available in daytradr for it.

If I become half a percent smarter each year, I'll be a genius by the time I die
Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

arnie View Post
A CQG demo account is a CQG demo account. It has nothing to do with daytradr. It only lasts for 15 days. After that you need to submit for a new demo.
Daytradr SIM account is a daytradr SIM account. It's not tied to a specific feed. You can use any feed available in daytradr for it.

That much I guessed. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about what Jigsaw is doing here. This means that finally I can use my account with daytradr without having to go through the hoops of a CQG demo, hopefully with any product and not just the ones you can trade demo on CQG.

I am merely wondering how the two technologies differ.

Thanked by:
 skfutures 
North vancouver

Platform: Ninjatrader, Firetip
Trading: ES YM
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 42

Can someone tell me how to set up the nt average volume chart that Pete has on left top screen? Thanks.

paraspiral 
Farmington

Platform: TradeStation, NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

So before I bought Jigsaw I never even paid attention to the DOM, well maybe not never but I did not have a good understanding of it. So my questions are the following?

1. Are limit orders not important? Why is when I see a limit order that is 2 to 3 times the normal size more than likely 7 out of 10 times the price will turn around before it even hits it. A good practice of mine lately is to place the bid or ask one to two ticks above the Fat Big Block limit order and it usually gets made then the reversal happens and sometimes there is immediate power in that reversal causing close to 14 ticks right away? I guess I ask this because Video 2 in the advanced course makes it sound like only market orders are important. (See pic). Example I saw this block of 81 tonight I knew that was going to cause a reversal and sure enough it did.

2. The power meter, you make it sound like orders will fill up on it before the price will move. Is that the case? Most of the time it feels like the move of orders happens and then BOOM the price changes direction almost immediately.

Please answers these if they are not repetitive.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jig.PNG
Views:	441
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	251877  
 iq200 
London, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

Hi,
Anyone here been through Peter Davies' mentoring? I got an email circular earlier saying he was opening up 5 slots for existing users of Jigsaw at a cost of $3,349 discounted by $350 to $2999 (the discount is until Monday). Just wondering about the value of the mentoring program considering it sounds expensive at 6 30-45 minute calls with I assume, most of the work put in by the participant. I've included a copy paste below.
Regards,
iq

A few months ago, we started a mentorship program and took on 10 mentor students. 5 of the students have reached the stage that they will need just a little help going forward, so we are opening up the space for 5 more students. This time round, we are only offering it to existing Jigsaw customers.
There is one important thing I want you to consider before signing up. If you enjoy 'playing' with the market, If you just love the 'gamble' each day - then don't sign up. If trading is a 'fun hobby' for you and not a serious attempt at changing your life - this is NOT for you. Basically, I will suck the fun out of your hobby and you will resist it and it'll be painful for both of us!
For everyone else, I expect each mentorships to take around 6 months. The mentorship will consist of approximately 6 30-45 minute 1 on 1 calls (although the first call may take longer). In the first call, we'll decide on the focus and set a plan/goal for the next 2-4 weeks. In each successive call, we will review the progress (which should be significant) and set the next plan.
For anyone considering this, please understand that you will only make progress if you stick to the agreed plan. No plan will be forced upon you but you will be expected to follow what we agree. If you don't think you can do that, please do not apply.
The cost of the mentorship is $3,349 for existing Jigsaw users.
We will only take on 5 people at this point in time. No exceptions, no special cases, it's a hard limit
For the 5 that do sign up - we are going to offer a sign up discount of $350 taking the price down to just $2999 for existing Jigsaw users. That discount will be available until Monday 25th July, with coupon code "MENTORME".
As soon as the 5 are signed up, we'll disable product from the sign-up forms.To sign up, log in to your upgrade page to sign up.
After signing up - book your first mentorship call on the Jigsaw mentor meeting booking page.
Good Trading
Peter Davies
Jigsaw Trading

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

LDog 
Lafayette, TN/USA

Platform: SC,TastyWorks,ToS
Broker: TDA, OANDA,AMP/CQG/SC
Trading: Looking for it/them
Thanks Given: 11,904
Thanks Received: 344

@DionysusToast

Hey Pete,

Saw the recording of your Daniels Trading webinar today - journalytix looks pretty slick!

I have a few questions:

1) What are the differences between the Retail vs Pro version? The chart on the site makes them look similar.

2) Will this work with Sierra Chart via CQG? (doesn't look like it will, but wanted to check for sure)

3) If not, is it possible in the future? (I'm not 'live' yet, anyway, but thinking ahead)

Thanks!

Thanked by:

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

paraspiral View Post
So before I bought Jigsaw I never even paid attention to the DOM, well maybe not never but I did not have a good understanding of it. So my questions are the following?

1. Are limit orders not important? Why is when I see a limit order that is 2 to 3 times the normal size more than likely 7 out of 10 times the price will turn around before it even hits it. A good practice of mine lately is to place the bid or ask one to two ticks above the Fat Big Block limit order and it usually gets made then the reversal happens and sometimes there is immediate power in that reversal causing close to 14 ticks right away? I guess I ask this because Video 2 in the advanced course makes it sound like only market orders are important. (See pic). Example I saw this block of 81 tonight I knew that was going to cause a reversal and sure enough it did.

2. The power meter, you make it sound like orders will fill up on it before the price will move. Is that the case? Most of the time it feels like the move of orders happens and then BOOM the price changes direction almost immediately.

Please answers these if they are not repetitive.

Hi - sorry for the late reply - I'm no longer getting emails when this is updated

1 - It's not that they aren't important - but if I had to quantify then I'd say it's about 1/10th as useful as the actual order executions. You can display hundreds of levels of depth on products like CL - but it's silly to think a bid or offer 100 levels out is going to give you any actionable info.

Big depth means someone is playing. As price approaches, it's more important to watch the depth at the levels in front of that one for front running.

But you never know with 100% certainty if they will pull or stay. You also never know with 100% certainty if the market won't run right through them if they stay.

Adding to a level as it trades there is much more insightful than a level that just gets hit. On CL for instance, there's a lot of hedging and sometimes you might see 1 250 lot that gets hit and we move through it. That could well have been a commercial hedger working for an airline hedging fuel costs.

2 - Depends on the power meter - I find it best for trade management. See the balance of trade after entry. Balance of trade in a move is also important as is a massive imbalance.

Stay tuned next week or 2 for some tools that are very specific to order entry.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

LDog View Post
@DionysusToast

Hey Pete,

Saw the recording of your Daniels Trading webinar today - journalytix looks pretty slick!

I have a few questions:

1) What are the differences between the Retail vs Pro version? The chart on the site makes them look similar.

2) Will this work with Sierra Chart via CQG? (doesn't look like it will, but wanted to check for sure)

3) If not, is it possible in the future? (I'm not 'live' yet, anyway, but thinking ahead)

Thanks!

1 - Retail vs Pro - same features just that professional traders pay more ;-)

2 - it will plug into CQG, so the answer is yes - the full list is on here: https://www.journalytix.me/overview/ - click Overview

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
emini2000
Atlanta GA USA

Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 271

Hey Pete,

Been looking at Jigsaw several years on and off, and always been fascinated by it. Where would one start not having your software yet to get a good foundation of using the DOMs just to get a feel for it? I watched your video where you were trading the 4 markets in correlation, I think Dow, Russel, NQ and ES and just trading by how they moved in relation to one another. I also signed up for your free email lessons, so I know that's a start too.

Anyway, just looking for some direction and foundation to see if I can really get a feel of how to trade with Jigsaw.

One more question. Do you trade just using the DOMs? I know you put out the pre market report with levels etc. So do you use Jigsaw in relation to levels and charts also? And any other general info you could give me or point me to to start the journey.

Thanks!

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts