NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 324,217 views
    2. thumb_up 840 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,058

See image below. Why does it sometimes change to white?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

May be because you have the foreground colour set to grey for a trade that takes place between the current offer and bid. If so the spread must have increased momentarily and the trade executed in between

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	233
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	227941  
Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

matthew28 View Post
Because you probably you have the foreground colour set to grey for the accasional trade that takes place between the current offer and bid.

Yep that s obviously it. How does a trade occur between inside ask and bid price?

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Not sure exactly of the mechanics of it but you have the order book on both sides and if the spread opens up then the orders that were there are now inbetween the spread so the aggressive buyer or seller got a price probably one tick better than the current bid or offer. Like I say that is a guess as I am not really sure but I don't think it matters much as it happens rarely, when there is normal volume in the market, and with the exchange regulations orders have to trade fully at one level before the next so it is not somebody 'rigging the market' for an unfair advantage or anything like that. The tape defines aggressive selling as trades that takes place on the bid and vice versa. If a trade takes place in between then I think there is no way to be clear whether it was aggressive selling or buying which is why it is given a neutral colour.

Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

I enter a position via the jigsaw DOM that use a Ninjatrader ATM stop strategy.

The ATM will be managed locally but where is that stop stored? Server side or local machine?

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

Grantx View Post
I enter a position via the jigsaw DOM that use a Ninjatrader ATM stop strategy.

The ATM will be managed locally but where is that stop stored? Server side or local machine?

That depends on the broker/order type.

Most of the time it's on the server.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

DionysusToast View Post
That depends on the broker/order type.

Most of the time it's on the server.

Ninjatrader through Dorman?

Grantx View Post
Ninjatrader through Dorman?

Server side.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,475
Thanks Received: 15,367

Hi Peter

I'm watching some of your excellent recent videos about drills and I have a few questions about trade execution

I assume you're using RapidTrader Pro for those videos
  • You have spoken a few times about how certain platforms are unreliable in getting realistic fills on demo: is the issue in the platform, the data feed, or a combination of the two?
    For instance, I have a CQG platform and CQG feed, and I understand that gets me realistic fills:

Would I get the same realistic fills with my CQG demo account if I were to use RapidTrader Pro?

What about using Jigsaw via NinjaTrader with a Continuum data feed, which is just another name for CQG?
  • In your Crude cut and reverse drill it appears in a couple of occasions that you click on a price to enter at limit but you actually get filled at a different price (i.e. at 00:38 clicking on 50.45 but getting in at 50.44). Is that a setting on RapidTrader Pro?

Thanked by:

xplorer View Post
Hi Peter

I'm watching some of your excellent recent videos about drills and I have a few questions about trade execution

I assume you're using RapidTrader Pro for those videos
  • You have spoken a few times about how certain platforms are unreliable in getting realistic fills on demo: is the issue in the platform, the data feed, or a combination of the two?
    For instance, I have a CQG platform and CQG feed, and I understand that gets me realistic fills:

Would I get the same realistic fills with my CQG demo account if I were to use RapidTrader Pro?

What about using Jigsaw via NinjaTrader with a Continuum data feed, which is just another name for CQG?
  • In your Crude cut and reverse drill it appears in a couple of occasions that you click on a price to enter at limit but you actually get filled at a different price (i.e. at 00:38 clicking on 50.45 but getting in at 50.44). Is that a setting on RapidTrader Pro?

Ninja doesn't recognize CQG Demo accounts as demo accounts. So to trade a CQG Demo account with Ninja, you need a live license.

With Jigsaw, we recognize that a demo account is a demo account, so you can trade it with any license type. The fills will be realistic as it's CQG that are actually taking care of those fills.

As for the fill at another price - that was most likely a glitch in the average price calculation. With CQG, they have the wackiest way of calculating average price, so we have to do it ourselves. It's something that we've had to work on since December when I did the video.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts