NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 324,217 views
    2. thumb_up 840 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

TWDsje View Post
When volume comes in you're getting and update for every limit order that was filled rather than an update for each market order that went through. So if one market order of 1000k takes out several hundred different limit orders you'll get a bunch of updates. Hence the whole purpose behind Jigsaw's reconstructed tape. There's also still the issue of whether the volume gets reported first or whether you see the change in the level 2 first.

The easiest solution for this is to just run Jigsaw's Reconstructed Tape, and set the alert to be larger than what the usual resting liquidity is. So if we're putting up 1000's in ZN right now, an alert for 1200 or more would probably alert you to this condition well enough.

Great answer -thanks!

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
 roadahead 
Dubai UAE

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

Today just realized that in order to send orders through Jigsaw I would need another License for actual trading.
Honestly speaking that sort of confused. When I bought Jigsaw daytradr, it said Full Platform license. Did I buy indeed a full platform or limited functionality platform? Just a DOM and Recon Tape? Why is it not marked anywhere that you can't actually trade with it?
Suggest you remove then word "Full". Or make it more clear. It's like buying NinjaTrader or something, and then paying extra to actually trade. Then why would I buy it?
Sorry, really disappointing.

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

roadahead View Post
Today just realized that in order to send orders through Jigsaw I would need another License for actual trading.
Honestly speaking that sort of confused. When I bought Jigsaw daytradr, it said Full Platform license. Did I buy indeed a full platform or limited functionality platform? Just a DOM and Recon Tape? Why is it not marked anywhere that you can't actually trade with it?
Suggest you remove then word "Full". Or make it more clear. It's like buying NinjaTrader or something, and then paying extra to actually trade. Then why would I buy it?
Sorry, really disappointing.

Sorry to hear that - check your PMs for a 'peace offering'.

The rationale behind the way we price it is fairly simple. Most traders come to us after a prolonged losing streak, it takes time to learn order flow and get profitable. So we designed the pricing so that you don't pay anything more till you are profitable. With the analytics, we bear the cost until that point, so each user is a monthly cost to us, which we don't pass on until live.

Which for most is the trigger for moving from SIM to Live. A full description is here: https://blog.jigsawtrading.com/jigsaw-pricing-explained

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
BillClinton
Bangkok, Thailand

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

What is the point of Jigsaw's "clear trades timer interval"?

Isn't it more convenient to see the total number of contracts traded instead of having it reset every x seconds?

RedMoney
Seattle, Washington USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello I am trying to figure out if it is possible to buy Jigsaw platform without a broker account to do simulated trading with live data

tr8d3r 
Sydney+Australia

Platform: NinjaTrader + daytradr
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 82
Thanks Received: 112

@RedMoney

RedMoney View Post
Hello I am trying to figure out if it is possible to buy Jigsaw platform without a broker account to do simulated trading with live data

Yes, you can buy Jigsaw platform and us it without a brokerage account. Jigsaw has a two license types. One is for you to learn (SIM) and execute the trades in Jigsaw SIM account that you can create yourself. This license also allows you to trade online prop shops as well.

Level 2 Data feed will be required - check their help for list of data feed providers. If you don't want to create a brokerage account you can go with IQfeed or Kinetick. I think Kinetic is the recommended data provider.

Another option is to open NinjaTrader account and get data through them. but if you are at the early stage and want to avoid brokerage account then Kinetick is the way to go.

Just to be clear. The SIM license gives you access to all functionality in Daytrader. The only thing is you can't submit trade to a live market. This is where second license comes in.

The second license is for live execution (LIVE) and it comes with a monthly subscription. This license allows you to execute live trades on the market.

I hope it helps.

Thanked by:
 tr8d3r 
Sydney+Australia

Platform: NinjaTrader + daytradr
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 82
Thanks Received: 112

@BillClinton

BillClinton View Post
What is the point of Jigsaw's "clear trades timer interval"?

Isn't it more convenient to see the total number of contracts traded instead of having it reset every x seconds?

The beauty of Jigsaw tool is all the settings within a tool are configurable. It can be configured for not to clear. Which is split volume profile.

It is really up to user, for some it may not be relevant what was 30 sec ago but for other it may be important. Scalper may be required a faster refresh rate to see how faster market orders hitting the price.

I hope it helps.

TheSwede
Jönköping Sweden

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 15

After a difficult installation process (you really need to make this easier) I cant seem to get my mt5 demo connection running. I have chosen all mt5 in installation, but cant find the JT connection in my expert advisor directory.

Is there anything I have missed in my jigsaw installation?
The mt5 is an AMP demo I am using, but I didnt get the AMP mt5 in the installation option when installing jigsaw.
So I checked the all mt5 box.

Please help.

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

TheSwede View Post
Is there anything I have missed in my jigsaw installation?

As a Jigsaw customer you should go to your Jigsaw account page and open a Support ticket off the menu along the top, or from the Support tab in Journalytix. You'll then get a quick and accurate reply from them.
(I have Jigsaw but have never used it with MT5 so can't offer any suggestions).

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
TheSwede
Jönköping Sweden

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 15

matthew28 View Post
As a Jigsaw customer you should go to your Jigsaw account page and open a Support ticket off the menu along the top, or from the Support tab in Journalytix. You'll then get a quick and accurate reply from them.
(I have Jigsaw but have never used it with MT5 so can't offer any suggestions).

Hi.

I got it to work, was probably me who didnt see the expert advisor to begin with. Thanks for taking your time to try and help.

As you have used Jigsaw for a while. Isnt there any info in the DOM for delta of pulled and stacked orders? I can only find the accumulated bids and offers.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts