NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 319,170 views
    2. thumb_up 840 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

kalalex 
Up the Ladder, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Optimus & AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 261
Thanks Received: 151

@DionysusToast

If I have a live trading account with any of NT8 compatible broker,,,let's say Interactive Brokers,,,do you think I can run the stand alone Jigsaw on a different computer(with the same log-in) from a PC that runs NT8?

This way I don't have to pay extra for live datafeed unless the $50 if I opt to trade out of your DOM?

Also I want to trade from your DOM do you have any broker that you favor?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

kalalex View Post
@DionysusToast

If I have a live trading account with any of NT8 compatible broker,,,let's say Interactive Brokers,,,do you think I can run the stand alone Jigsaw on a different computer(with the same log-in) from a PC that runs NT8?

This way I don't have to pay extra for live datafeed unless the $50 if I opt to trade out of your DOM?

Also I want to trade from your DOM do you have any broker that you favor?

You can run Jigsaw on 2 PCs no problem at all - but you will need a datafeed.

If you use NT8 and daytradr bridge, there's no additional data feeds to pay. That's why the bridge exists. The moment you connect to the same connection from a 2nd PC - you get hit with data fees.

Saying that - I am not sure if you can connect to IB 2 times from different PCs. There are still some vendors that allow it - I can't say who because a certain company will report them to the CME and all their customers will get hit with 2nd connection fees.

As for brokers - I will he shot if I recommend a broker - if you email me - same for the people allowing 2 connections!

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

kalalex 
Up the Ladder, CA

Platform: SC
Broker: Optimus & AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 261
Thanks Received: 151

PM Sent

DionysusToast View Post
You can run Jigsaw on 2 PCs no problem at all - but you will need a datafeed.

If you use NT8 and daytradr bridge, there's no additional data feeds to pay. That's why the bridge exists. The moment you connect to the same connection from a 2nd PC - you get hit with data fees.

Saying that - I am not sure if you can connect to IB 2 times from different PCs. There are still some vendors that allow it - I can't say who because a certain company will report them to the CME and all their customers will get hit with 2nd connection fees.

As for brokers - I will he shot if I recommend a broker - if you email me - same for the people allowing 2 connections!

mackm 
Washington DC

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw, IRT
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: ES, NQ, UB, CL
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

Pete,

I'm trying to find where the sound files for "Order filled" etc. are located. I know where the alert sound files are, but I just can't find those for order placements and executions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

madankumars 
NEW YORK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NINJATRADER
Trading: NQ only
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

Is it possible to access the Jigsaw Bid/Ask snapshot column via code in Ninjatrader?

I don't know whether the jigsaw platform allows API access at all, but if not, how do we compute the numbers in that Bid/Ask Snapshot columns... any code samples would be awesome !

thanks a lot traders and coders....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	309
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	261172  

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

@DionysusToast

Hi Pete,
I have copied this guys question here ( @avalo ). It is his third time posting it and they keep getting deleted as each time they are new threads in the incorrect forums (Trading journals, Elite Trading Journal, Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds).

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

You can't delete hashtags at the moment - and there's really no reason to delete them. They are quite benign.

Saying that - if we could understand the reason someone would want to delete a tag - we may well agree there is a reason. It's just a matter of perspective.

Still - we do have a 'merge' tags feature planned - so that if you don't use auto/complete or the "click recent tags".

So while we do merge tags, we'll look at the delete too!

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Thanked by:
 avalo 
Los Angeles

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 7

I guess my request is unusual. I made a mistake by putting too many hashtags in the drop down menu on the first day I used Journalytics. When I use it now I have to look through a list of non-useful hashtags to find the ones that apply. It's manageable I guess, but if it were possible to repeat my first day I would do it differently. No worries though, it will work out. Journalytix is the best trade journaling program I’ve found. Thanks,
Tom

Lukebaires 
Buenos Aires

Platform: Jigsaw
Trading: 10Y T-Note
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 15

Hello, this is more a tech question related to daytradr as a software. So I want to know if the software is single threaded or multi threaded, I only use the DOM and I monitor 4 to 5 markets at once. I have noticed during some news releases or some heavy amount of orders coming throu the market freezes a lil bit. Not a problem at all really, but since I am building a new computer from scratch and I need a new CPU I want this rig to be optimized for using NT8 and daytradr.

Lucas

"It is the business of the very few to be independent; it is a privilege of the strong."
 asyx 
not important

Experience: None
Platform: not important
Trading: not important
Thanks Given: 406
Thanks Received: 142

multi

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts