NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 319,170 views
    2. thumb_up 840 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

arnie 
Europe

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Jigsaw
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Equities
Thanks Given: 763
Thanks Received: 1,048

DionysusToast View Post
Moving averages scheduled for the year 2525....

If I become half a percent smarter each year, I'll be a genius by the time I die

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

armystrong15 
Fort Knox, KY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation, NT8 Jigsaw
Broker: NinjaTrader, CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, RTY, CL , FGBL, FDAX, GC,
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 2

When are we going to be able to use Daytradr with Tradestation?

Follow me on Twitter

Effanzomane 
Calgary Alberta

Platform: Daytradr
Trading: ES/CL
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 0

Hey guys, apologies if this has already been covered. I'm new to jigsaw and curious if there is a resource for the JTrelative volume indicator for the cumulative sheep index available for NT8 yet? I'd also like to run the NYSE tick but I'm not sure how to run this on NT8 and don't know if my data feed through topstep will be sufficient to make this happen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

usdivers 
Darwin

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 42

Effanzomane View Post
Hey guys, apologies if this has already been covered. I'm new to jigsaw and curious if there is a resource for the JTrelative volume indicator for the cumulative sheep index available for NT8 yet? I'd also like to run the NYSE tick but I'm not sure how to run this on NT8 and don't know if my data feed through topstep will be sufficient to make this happen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

I think I can help you with the Tick connection. When I was with TST I was not able to get that access. I had to go through my primary account connection and pay the extra index fees to get access. So when I was running it, I had the connection to TST running as well as my personal account, just so I could get access to the Tick.

Thanked by:

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

armystrong15 View Post
When are we going to be able to use Daytradr with Tradestation?

Right now, we are at the point where we can bridge to any platform....

BUT

We need someone that knows that platform & codes for that platform well to help us put together the integration code.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

usdivers View Post
I think I can help you with the Tick connection. When I was with TST I was not able to get that access. I had to go through my primary account connection and pay the extra index fees to get access. So when I was running it, I had the connection to TST running as well as my personal account, just so I could get access to the Tick.

Thanks for that.

I use IQFeed myself for it...

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

Effanzomane 
Calgary Alberta

Platform: Daytradr
Trading: ES/CL
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 0

usdivers View Post

Thanks for your reply. I think what I'm understanding is that I can simply run the NYSE average tick through a chart in Ninja Trader on my personal feed? Is it currently possible to run the NYSE Average Tick Indicator in NT8? I've tried the link Peter left on the Jigsaw website but it tells me that it is for an older version of Ninja Trader when I try to import.

Effanzomane View Post
Thanks for your reply. I think what I'm understanding is that I can simply run the NYSE average tick through a chart in Ninja Trader on my personal feed? Is it currently possible to run the NYSE Average Tick Indicator in NT8? I've tried the link Peter left on the Jigsaw website but it tells me that it is for an older version of Ninja Trader when I try to import.

It's possible - I just haven't had the bandwidth to convert the indicator.

I think someone may have already done it though.

Hopefully - they are reading this!

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Effanzomane View Post
I'm new to jigsaw and curious if there is a resource for the JTrelative volume indicator for the cumulative sheep index available for NT8 yet?

As Pete said, somebody, @tradertom2012; has already coded it and put it in the Downloads/Indicators section. I haven't used it but the feedback is all positive.
I don't know whether linking to the indicators is the right thing to do so just go to Ninjatrader8 Indicators and use the keyword search at the top left and select Volume.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

rlygangesh 
NEW PANVEL

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: future
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 10

hi Peter Sir,/@big Mike sir/ fellow trader

i am using price action for my trading with little success. you may say my account is positive only.

i want to go my trading on next level with Order flow but little knowledge about order flow & market profile, i have done some courses on india related to market profile & orderflow. i have spent little time with Gomi, Fin-Alg.com software but still unable to develop any fruitful system with these stuff

you may that actually i am unsuccessful due to my knowledge about this stuff, can you guide me about this?

i wanted to use your NT tools for this but

are your webinars on futures.io enough for develop a good trading system or i have to take your knowledge section too?

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts