NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 319,170 views
    2. thumb_up 840 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

paps View Post
yupp agree. it was educational ...many of the JS webinars are such. More educational than pormotional.

btw @DionysusToast could you pls put a direct clickable link. Not able to get to it...perhaps typing wrong.

cheers

Absolutely....

https://progressive.powerstream.net/008/00102/cmeg_es/electronic-trading/matching-algorithm/index.html

And the other one worth a look at was from Guy Bower

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/user/GuyBower/videos[/yt]

Guy was the trainer at Propex (Australia/Singapore) when he uploaded these videos. Last time I spoke to him he was about to start teaching interns at another prop shop. So he's worth a listen.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

adam777 View Post
Loved the video. Thankyou Peter.

Similar to John Grady's beginner video series.

It would be great to see more of the practice drills on the Dom that the beginner prop guys learn.

I agree - there is stuff out there & the Guy Bower vids are a good place to start.

There's only so many hours in the day though & while I have planned to collate resources like that, it's just something I've not gotten round to.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Thanked by:

Nedster View Post
As always, I really learn a lot from Pete's webinars. I wish he would do these more often. Thank you Pete for all your efforts and an incredible trading tool.

Ned

Thanks Ned.

The thing about webinars - there's only so much to say! I mean - you'd run out of new things to say about trading after a while. Either that or you'd have to make stuff up!

I think at this point in time, there's a lot of misinformation out there on scalping and especially front running. Hence I thought it would be good to show something from the prop/market making side.

There's also a bit of a balance between giving out information and treading on the toes of the people that taught me the techniques. I hope I struck that right or some people won't be returning my calls in the near future!

I thought the Q&A was interesting. It was to some extent more like a "tug-of-war". Because so many people are chart-centric, a lot of the questions were about bringing alongside more visual/chart based components. So my answers were very much a push back against that.

You really have to just put yourself in the moment and try it before you change it. After all, with Auction Vista, I have a vested interest in making visual tools relevant to the techniques. Yet that tool barely featured in the presentation.

Not that there was anything wrong with the questions. There's always nuance and adaptation but adaptation usually comes after a but of success.

Thanked by:

KBH80 View Post
Interesting concept for stepping outside the charts and viewing the market in a different light. I enjoy learning the various ways other traders look at the markets and trade during various market structures.

artemiso View Post
I took a look at the recording and thought that @DionysusToast delivered well and the advice was quite useful to beginners compared to the average webinar here which is more promotional.

Thanks guys. It's always nice at least to know what other traders are doing even if you don't trade like them.

I had a chat on FB Messenger on Saturday with one of the senior guys from a prop shop. It's blowing my own trumpet a bit but I quote...

Quoting 
enjoyed your webinar on scalping. I know a few guys that made their entire careers off the Crocodile!
Was just nice to hear someone talk sense about what we do rather than the normal crap you hear.

This isn't just to give myself a pat on the back - I just want people to understand that this wasn't made up stuff. Professional traders really are doing this. If you try something new, the question "is this for real" is always in the back of your head as you first start out. That's the demon that can cause you to skip to something else when it doesn't work out.

Thanked by:

paps 
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Experience: None
Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Trading: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts
Thanks Given: 2,176
Thanks Received: 1,726

DionysusToast View Post
Thanks guys. It's always nice at least to know what other traders are doing even if you don't trade like them.

I had a chat on FB Messenger on Saturday with one of the senior guys from a prop shop. It's blowing my own trumpet a bit but I quote...

This isn't just to give myself a pat on the back - I just want people to understand that this wasn't made up stuff. Professional traders really are doing this. If you try something new, the question "is this for real" is always in the back of your head as you first start out. That's the demon that can cause you to skip to something else when it doesn't work out.

Imp for someone new in the journey to note....that is might be something real...especially if someone wants to understand Order Flow & has no way to understand it
quoting @DionysusToast " I just want people to understand that this wasn't made up stuff. Professional traders really are doing this. "

Thanked by:

Psy24X 
Milano, Italy, EU

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja + Jigsaw
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 130
Thanks Received: 25

@DionysusToast: I loved the webinar: a truly "treatise on scalping", but practical.

I am now feeling an urge to practice some scalping. Is it possible to put the Cqg demo account you mentioned to work with Jigsaw D&S (Ninja version)?

Thanked by:
 adam777 
Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TT
Broker: TT, Quandl
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 126
Thanks Received: 16

DionysusToast View Post
I agree - there is stuff out there & the Guy Bower vids are a good place to start.

There's only so many hours in the day though & while I have planned to collate resources like that, it's just something I've not gotten round to.

Thanks Peter.

With Guy Bower's material, do you mean the paid video course on "Trading Courses", or through "Genisis Trader"? I know he was going to update his older video course with the "P12 Program", but I'm not sure what happened to that.

PaleMetaphor 
Denver Colorado/United States

Platform: Jigsaw
Trading: ZN, ZB
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 31

@DionysusToast Thank you so much for a fantastic webinar Mr. Davies! I'm a newer and struggling trader, mostly focusing on charts and price action but with limited success so far. Your discussion of order flow concepts really opened my eyes to how the market actually moves and I love the idea of taking many trades throughout the day and getting in and out quickly. I'm going to start looking into order flow techniques as my trading study plan going forward. The idea of trading without any charts is also very appealing to me. I imagine this is the way pit traders actually traded.

Anyway, I'm going to look into the Jigsaw tools and start studying the lessons on the website. My goal is to eventually pass my TST combine and become a funded trader. Would I be able to purchase the Jigsaw tools and plug them into my NT platform and use them as I work to pass the combine?

Thanks again!

PM

Follow me on Twitter

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

PaleMetaphor View Post
Anyway, I'm going to look into the Jigsaw tools and start studying the lessons on the website. My goal is to eventually pass my TST combine and become a funded trader. Would I be able to purchase the Jigsaw tools and plug them into my NT platform and use them as I work to pass the combine?

Not Pete but I saw your question.
Yes. Currently you would need to sign up for the TST Ninjatrader combine as you say. With the RapidTraderPro Jigsaw standalone platform in the future you could sign up for the Rithmic platform and use the data from them to run the DOM. Then you wouldn't need to buy a Ninjatrader live licence in the future. Jigsaw requires a notional live trading fee of $50/month for live trading with the DOM but that fee is NOT required for TST combines. (Originally one had to use the live DOM on TST combines but Pete changed it so the sim DOM would work negating the fee payment)

adam777 View Post
Thanks Peter.

With Guy Bower's material, do you mean the paid video course on "Trading Courses", or through "Genisis Trader"? I know he was going to update his older video course with the "P12 Program", but I'm not sure what happened to that.

Well - this is a great set of free resources here: [yt]https://www.youtube.com/user/GuyBower/videos[/yt]

Of course, I also chat with Guy on the phone every now and again, so I'm able to pick his brains too. The Trading Courses is a decent set of resources.

Last time I spoke to him he was about to start up teaching at a prop shop again. I didn't realize it was Genesis he was at.

It's always good to buddy up to people like this if you get chance.

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts