NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 319,170 views
    2. thumb_up 840 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Tangotx 
Houston, TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Dorman
Trading: ES/RTY
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 44

Thanks so much for the feedback chopox!!! I was wondering if additional columns can be added with the ability to filter the "snapshot" by size. Do you know if that is possible?

cowpox View Post
Jigsaw dom columns are pretty customizable but not sure if there is documentation available outside of the program. There are quite a few Jigsaw videos available on YouTube, some of them explaining how to use certain program features, so that would be worth checking out. DOM colors can be changed, and each available column can be turned off or on as desired. Columns can be moved around to the order you prefer. Depth of bid and offer can be set to your preference. Contract size execution on T&S can be filtered. Available options include: bid and ask size (but not how many distinct players are bidding or offering), bid/offer 'snapshot' (bids and offers added or pulled), comments, trade column with queue position and open P&L, volume profile as well as bid and offer histograms, executions at bid and at offer, and probably more that I'm forgetting. Changing things is very easy and intuitive; if you have specific questions about availability of certain options just ask or shoot an email to Jigsaw support.

Follow me on Twitter

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 cowpox 
Schenectady+NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 5

Tangotx View Post
Thanks so much for the feedback chopox!!! I was wondering if additional columns can be added with the ability to filter the "snapshot" by size. Do you know if that is possible?

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question: you'd like to have more than one snapshot for bids and for offers with different size filters for numbers of contracts pulled or stacked? If that is the case the answer is no, you can't have more than one snapshot for bids and one for offers, you can't filter by applying a size cutoff or restriction. You can filter the snapshots for depth. I generally only look at depth of about 3 levels around inside bid/offer. At least on ES, the pulling and stacking is flickering by so fast its hard to read anyway -- for my purposes I just like to look for short term persistence in patterns of pulling and stacking.

Jigsaw does have some 'power meters' built in that you can watch based on trade executions, depth of market, and snapshot but filtering capacity is limited to depth. T&S can be filtered by trade size however, and there are power meters you can set up to reflect filtered short and longer term size-filtered executions which can be very helpful.

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, daytradr
Broker: EdgeClear
Trading: Eurex Futures
Thanks Given: 1,338
Thanks Received: 451

Tangotx View Post
Is there documentation showing how to customize the dom columns? That is, documentation that can be reviewed prior to purchasing?

Hello,

I am not sure if you went through the online help but just in case you did not (I do not know if it is updated):

jigsawtradinghelp

All the best,
Hana

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Those instructions are for the old plugin version of Jigsaw that pulled data from the charts for a couple of different platforms.
The new daytradr version that came out a few years back has better data connection and now charts available. Having said that though, the functions of the DOM haven't really changed in that time so the instructions posted by Hana should be fine if you just want to look at a Manual.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 Tangotx 
Houston, TX

You answered the question perfectly clowpox. Thanks!

cowpox View Post
I'm not entirely sure I understand your question: you'd like to have more than one snapshot for bids and for offers with different size filters for numbers of contracts pulled or stacked? If that is the case the answer is no, you can't have more than one snapshot for bids and one for offers, you can't filter by applying a size cutoff or restriction. You can filter the snapshots for depth. I generally only look at depth of about 3 levels around inside bid/offer. At least on ES, the pulling and stacking is flickering by so fast its hard to read anyway -- for my purposes I just like to look for short term persistence in patterns of pulling and stacking.

Jigsaw does have some 'power meters' built in that you can watch based on trade executions, depth of market, and snapshot but filtering capacity is limited to depth. T&S can be filtered by trade size however, and there are power meters you can set up to reflect filtered short and longer term size-filtered executions which can be very helpful.

Follow me on Twitter
 Tangotx 
Houston, TX

Hana, thanks for pointing out that resource. I will check that as well.

hadamkov View Post
Hello,

I am not sure if you went through the online help but just in case you did not (I do not know if it is updated):

jigsawtradinghelp

All the best,
Hana

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 grodsky 
shrewsbury uk

Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 9

This is the link to the daytradr manual:

https://daytradr.jigsawtrading.com/

matteo83 
San Escobar

Broker: Denali/Rythmic
Trading: Futures & options
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

JohnManofGold View Post
does anyone have proof jigsaw can be profitable? does anyone who has proof want to do a head to head competition?

Not a fan of Jigsaw because my platform already has decent DOM and it's free

But I'm wondering do you really expect that execution tool is profitable on it's own? Isn't it all about the trader using that tool?

Thanked by:

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

matzero View Post
Not a fan of Jigsaw because my platform already has decent DOM and it's free

But I'm wondering do you really expect that execution tool is profitable on it's own? Isn't it all about the trader using that tool?

This is true - but we don't just provide a DOM but a way to use it, analytics and a community - so to me it's a fair question in terms of "does that combo, give me what I need?"

Which is something other members would need to chime in on.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 matteo83 
San Escobar

Broker: Denali/Rythmic
Trading: Futures & options
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

I'm not either in Peter's or Vinny's pack but I think that some public allegations need to be addressed to clarify the whole situation

I think FIO trading community will benefit from knowing:

- Can we trust people with no verified track record?
- Where are long-term profitable traders using Jigsaw tools? Apparently not in their own leaderbord. So where we can find them to bust all of the allegations that nobody is profitable trading with Jigsaw?
- Should we trust, that people with no verified track record can create software useful to others?
- Should we take education and accept mentoring sessions from people with no verified track record?

Again, I'm not here to attack or promote anything or anybody. I just think that FIO community deserves this issues to be resolved in a transparent way

I saw email notifications with posts it this thread that were deleted by admins and I agree with the deletion. But if you delete this I'll begin to wonder about your true intentions. Taking a screenshot right now and waiting how this story goes

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts