NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 325,515 views
    2. thumb_up 841 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,468
Thanks Received: 26,279

matzero View Post
I'm not either in Peter's or Vinny's pack but I think that some public allegations need to be addressed to clarify the whole situation

I think FIO trading community will benefit from knowing:

- Can we trust people with no verified track record?
- Where are long-term profitable traders using Jigsaw tools? Apparently not in their own leaderbord. So where we can find them to bust all of the allegations that nobody is profitable trading with Jigsaw?
- Should we trust, that people with no verified track record can create software useful to others?
- Should we take education and accept mentoring sessions from people with no verified track record?

Again, I'm not here to attack or promote anything or anybody. I just think that FIO community deserves this issues to be resolved in a transparent way

I saw email notifications with posts it this thread that were deleted by admins and I agree with the deletion. But if you delete this I'll begin to wonder about your true intentions. Taking a screenshot right now and waiting how this story goes

You are not in danger of deletion. No one is being deleted for criticizing or not agreeing with Jigsaw, or anyone else. The new posters who have been banned have generally arrived at futures.io for the first time just yesterday or today and started to run up their post counts with junk posts, a rule violation. Generally they seem more interested in having enough posts to comment in the Vinny review thread, although some have stopped here to leave a criticism of Jigsaw, apparently because Vinny has a thing about Jigsaw.

The sudden surge of spammers is obviously something deliberately coordinated.

No one who is not breaking site rules is affected.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
35 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

n3xtl3v3l 
stuttgart+germany

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8/ TWS
Broker: IB / SIERRA
Trading: ES/YM/NQ/FDAX/CL
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 16

Hello Together.
i am new to jigsaw daytradr and use it with Ninjatrader8 and the ninjabroker CQG Feed.
i recognize that the market depth in ES is cutted to 30 levels instead of 50 or more (which are visible in the ninjadom)
is that normal? or have i a wrong setting or an technical topic?

thank you all for support
Gianmarco

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

msemryck 
Denver, CO

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: AMP, Rithmic
Trading: GC, ES
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 111

n3xtl3v3l View Post
Hello Together.

i am new to jigsaw daytradr and use it with Ninjatrader8 and the ninjabroker CQG Feed.

i recognize that the market depth in ES is cutted to 30 levels instead of 50 or more (which are visible in the ninjadom)

is that normal? or have i a wrong setting or an technical topic?

thank you all for support

Gianmarco

You can change the depth under market depth. Rithmic data has full depth

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

n3xtl3v3l View Post
is that normal?

Yes it is normal with Jigsaw.

I have a CQG feed from Tradovate and also have Jigsaw. To check I just opened an ES DOM in Jigsaw, set the Market Depth in the Parameters tab of the DOM settings to 50, and I also only had 30 levels per side.

Having said that, using a DOM I have never used more than 10 levels out. I have only ever found the extended full depth useful for heatmap charts, such as Bookmap, (or Jigsaw Vista charts), when they are zoomed out to show the day's range for looking at large intraday swings. Not so much with a DOM where I always tended to be looking much more precisely at levels and wasn't really interested in any size beyond a few levels off the inside prices.
Maybe that is just me though. You could email Jigsaw support to see if they intend to increase the depth available at some point in the future.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

lolpie
Arlington, VA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Does anyone have any feedback on the new jigsaw 2022 course? I am brand new to tape reading.

Effanzomane 
Calgary Alberta

Platform: Daytradr
Trading: ES/CL
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 0

Strategy manager:

In trading NQ or ES in this volatility I like to utilize automatic brackets when executing a trade. For instance I’ve structured it so that an automatic 40 tick stop is placed along with a first target of 40 ticks (which can easily be hit within a second or seconds on a good entry in NQ). My issue is that I don’t want to take my entire position off at 40 ticks……perhaps half or a third. Is it possible to enter multiple profit targets in the strategy manager somehow? Or if not multiple targets just a portion of the original position at profit target 1?

With this insane volatility it’s very beneficial to have that automatic PT one but obviously you want runners to remain on. I realize you can set “offset” to only apply to a certain number of executions but then you don’t get the stops entered

KrazyTrader 
Dallas, TX/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 9

lolpie View Post
Does anyone have any feedback on the new jigsaw 2022 course? I am brand new to tape reading.

Great place to start.

Difference between discomfort and pain = 1 tick

chipwitch 
Nashville, TN

Broker: NinjaTrader, Continuum Data
Trading: MES for now... baby steps
Thanks Given: 230
Thanks Received: 631

I think Jigsaw would be a good fit for my trading style. Previously to seeing Jigsaw I had envisioned some sort of trails and speedometers to monitor order flow but had not yet been motivated to write the code for it.

I am very interested in Jigsaw, BUT all the myriad videos I'm finding...

1) Seem to want to explain how the market works rather than demonstrating how to use the software.

2) Pick the absolute thickest markets to do the demonstrations where it's nearly impossible for a beginner to follow

3) Crowd a half dozen instances all on the same page while bouncing around from one instrument to the next instead of focusing on one in slo-mo.

4) Don't demonstrate the customizable features comprehensively. The videos I've seen just aren't very well organized or thought out.

I find it all very confusing. The axiom, "If you can't explain it well, you don't understand it," comes to my mind.

I imagine the video(s) I seek are out there, they're just lost in the prolific videos they've made. If anyone knows of any concise demonstrations of the software and how it is used without trying to overwhelm the viewer I would greatly appreciate a link.

Also, I have a lifetime license of NT and use them as my broker. I would be particularly interested in what the limitations are of the NT "bridge" (data costs, connections, feature limitations if any, etc)

I would like to gather as much info as possible before I do a 14-day trial so I can hit the ground running to make the most of that 2 weeks.

Thanked by:

trymph 
chicago us

Experience: Advanced
Broker: Ninja
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 50

I just started looking at Jigsaw and have a few questions:
  1. Does Jigsaw do Cumulative Delta(CD) on both BID/ASK & UpDown Tick or just one or the other; which if just one of them?
  2. Can the CD be placed in user's preferred panel/pane say below the primary price chart panel?
  3. Can the CD be presented in Histogram format with each bar starting from zero value; I want it on my 1 minute YM chart?
  4. If zero value start per bar can it display zero centerline with above:green/below:red for positive/negative delta/net trade volume respectively?
  5. IF CD can be configured for UpDown tick can it be displayed as a line style chart in same panel as the bid ask histo panel?
  6. Do I need NT or can Jigsaw be stand alone with my NinjaTrader Broker's (NTB) data feed?

Still working out my ATMs on SIM btw what a frustrating week last to be right but stopped out on the retrace trailing offset!!

Thanks in advance /scalpers disease is not terminal
Regards all

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

trymph View Post
I just started looking at Jigsaw and have a few questions:

Any urgent questions you might want to contact Jigsaw support as nobody from Jigsaw answers a question here for month's at a time.

I have used Jigsaw so to answer your questions:

1. CD on the charts is based on transacted bid/ask volume only.
2. Yes, the CD is a chart indicator showing bars below the chart for whatever timeframe you have chosen as shown below (pictures from manual).
3-4. No, it can't be shown as a histogram. The bars are coloured for positive or negative delta.
5. It doesn't show up/down tick.
6. Jigsaw can be used standalone but it costs more if using data from Ninjatrader and it is cheaper to connect with the Jigsaw NT bridge. See below.

Jigsaw charts are pretty basic, if using Ninja brokerage their CD indicators are probably better, or you can download a free one quite easily.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts