NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 319,170 views
    2. thumb_up 840 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

krwinner 
Dallas TX

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS, Jigsaw, SC
Broker: TD, Optimus AMP Rithmic
Trading: CL ES ZB RTY GC
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 5

vaibhavkamble View Post
I noticed that Jigsaw has its own market replay connection, however can I use this feature with CQG continuum feed or I need to pay separately for some other Jigsaw supported data feed?

The website says replay is only available with a Tradovate feed.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 dyoung 
Boston, MA

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 13

Will there be any update to the education? With all the new features and how markets are in 2020, was wondering if any updates to the jigsaw education would be relevant and sometimes it seems out of date.

arnie 
Europe

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Jigsaw
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Equities
Thanks Given: 763
Thanks Received: 1,048

Hi,

Been using the new Jigsaw charts and so far they are awesome
It's such a game change when you open a chart and the thing is basically set to work. You don't need to spend hours learning all the settings.

Having said that I do have 2 quick questions:
- will we be able to change footprint colors in the future?
- will we be able to choose the view to total volume. At the moment we only have the option to view bid x ask.

I feel that the bid x ask view is too much information. We already have that info in the D&S.
If we have the option to show the total volume, it will be easier to view the highest volume levels which is the only thing that matters, where the most interest was, no matter if it was sellers or buyers.
When prices reach to that area again, it will be the D&S that will show us which side is showing more strength.

Yeah, I know, we can remove the numbers and only show the histogram which will show us where the most volume traded, but for some reason, having a number is there make things easier, we can say 5235 lots traded at that price.

Anyway, hope my request makes sense.
Keep up with the awesome work you guys are doing and I'm counting the days new features be added to these charts

Have a good one

If I become half a percent smarter each year, I'll be a genius by the time I die

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 15,447
Thanks Received: 15,291

arnie View Post
Hi,

It's such a game change when you open a chart and the thing is basically set to work. You don't need to spend hours learning all the settings.

- will we be able to choose the view to total volume. At the moment we only have the option to view bid x ask.

I feel that the bid x ask view is too much information. We already have that info in the D&S.
If we have the option to show the total volume, it will be easier to view the highest volume levels which is the only thing that matters, where the most interest was, no matter if it was sellers or buyers.
When prices reach to that area again, it will be the D&S that will show us which side is showing more strength.

Yeah, I know, we can remove the numbers and only show the histogram which will show us where the most volume traded, but for some reason, having a number is there make things easier, we can say 5235 lots traded at that price.

Keep up with the awesome work you guys are doing and I'm counting the days new features be added to these charts

Have a good one

@arnie

I saw you in the past picking up several support requests in the Jigsaw Support Forum.

Can you please confirm whether you work for Jigsaw?

arnie 
Europe

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Jigsaw
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Equities
Thanks Given: 763
Thanks Received: 1,048

xplorer View Post
@arnie

I saw you in the past picking up several support requests in the Jigsaw Support Forum.

Can you please confirm whether you work for Jigsaw?

I'm not affiliated to jigsaw, apart from being a user and a passionate of their platform.
I did reply to many posts in their forum, yes. I knew the platform quite well and had free time to help fellow users.
Been away from trading for many months and now that I have some free time again e found brand new tools available that I'm eager to learn and of course, if possible, make some requests.

Regards.

If I become half a percent smarter each year, I'll be a genius by the time I die
 travelinman 
Chester Springs, PA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 50

arnie View Post
Hi,

Have a good one

I believe Peter in the Footprint intro video asks members to contact [email protected] for requests with the new charting software. I haven't used the Footprint charts yet so not sure what features I would like to see added. I am sure there will be a lot of members who will ask for different views of the footprint. Good luck!

JulioC
HOUSTON

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 3

Is the additional $50 monthly fee required for Tradovate as well?

Thanks

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

JulioC View Post
Is the additional $50 monthly fee required for Tradovate as well?

Thanks

Not Pete, (and I don't work for Jigsaw), The $50 monthly fee is optional. If sim trading, or doing a funding company test, such as a TST Combine, you don't need it. It is only required if you want to place "real money" trades through the Jigsaw DOM. If you opened an account with Tradovate you could sim trade, or use replay, but to place a live real money trade where hopefully you make money, requires the Jigsaw licence at $50/month (or$500/year).

ps Answering because I know the answer and Pete hasn't been here for a long time.
I saw a video he did last week or so where he says that because of the expansion of the business, recent training course introductions, work on the charting beta, he hasn't actually even traded for the past six months as that has all been taking up all his time and more.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
JulioC
HOUSTON

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks Received: 3

matthew28 View Post
Not Pete, (and I don't work for Jigsaw), The $50 monthly fee is optional. If sim trading, or doing a funding company test, such as a TST Combine, you don't need it. It is only required if you want to place "real money" trades through the Jigsaw DOM. If you opened an account with Tradovate you could sim trade, or use replay, but to place a live real money trade where hopefully you make money, requires the Jigsaw licence at $50/month (or$500/year).

ps Answering because I know the answer and Pete hasn't been here for a long time.
I saw a video he did last week or so where he says that because of the expansion of the business, recent training course introductions, work on the charting beta, he hasn't actually even traded for the past six months as that has all been taking up all his time and more.

I realized that it is kind of crippling Jigsaw if I don't use their DOM to trade thru as that is the main thing on JigSaw.
I also wonder how power is auction vista compared to the bookmap heatmap.

Thanks

jeliner 
Spokane Washington

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, CL, YM, GC, NQ, Forex Majors
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 61

Hello:

So, briefly, I have been trading futures unsuccessfully for 26 years, and I am back at it again for more punishment. I have been participating in a another thread concerning a system/trading package that I couldn't get working for me. In that thread I am becoming increasingly aware that understanding order flow is very important. Unfortunately, this topic is very vague for me.

I am searching for education options. Personally, I am not sure that I will have a use for the Jigsaw software yet, but what intrigues me more than anything is the education that it comes with. Are there any other education options with respect to learning order flow that are decent besides JigSaw. Before I fork over the cash for jigsaw, I want to make sure I explore all possible education options out there to learn the topic.

Thanks
Johnny

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts