NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 176 posts (350 thanks)
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 38 posts (39 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 31 posts (120 thanks)
    4. looks_4 paps with 29 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 324,823 views
    2. thumb_up 841 thanks given
    3. group 373 followers
    1. forum 731 posts
    2. attach_file 91 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Jigsaw Trading's Peter Davies - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Trambo View Post
Matthew28,

I've not had a chance to catch that webinar - was the development of a sim function mentioned at all? Not that it's a problem if one isn't being developed for Daytradr I just wondered was all.

Cheers.

Me adding my question on to yours got mine answered and yours missed.
Pete had mentioned sim functionality for daytradr over on the Jigsaw forum during the alpha/beta testing phase but whether that is a high priority, low priority or has dropped off the 'to do list' at the current time I have no idea. I can't remember him mentioning it in the video off the top of my head. It is worth watching anyway though.
I'm sure Pete will see he missed your question and answer it next time he is round.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

matthew28 View Post
Pete had mentioned sim functionality for daytradr over on the Jigsaw forum during the alpha/beta testing phase but whether that is a high priority, low priority or has dropped off the 'to do list' at the current time I have no idea. I can't remember him mentioning it in the video off the top of my head. It is worth watching anyway though.
I'm sure Pete will see he missed your question and answer it next time he is round.

It's in the plan - no dates yet though!

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 Trambo 
Glasgow, Lanarkshire Scotland

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Jigsaw Daytradr
Broker: Working my way around them all
Trading: ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 46

matthew28 View Post

hi Matthew28,

No problem at all - Peter's answer to your question was useful to me too so it's all good!

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 Trambo 

DionysusToast View Post
It's in the plan - no dates yet though!

Thanks Peter, appreciate the reply. I look forward to it as and when it comes.

Cheers.

Follow me on Twitter
 SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

matthew28 View Post
Hi Pete,
Adding on to Trambo's question above.
After watching your recent daytradr webinar I had a look at your Institutional course outline. How are all the replay drills done when the platform doesn't have replay? I have seen a few replies of yours in the past recommending that people screen record their DOMs rather than use the Ninja replay for example because of the 'chunkiness' of the orderflow when replayed. is that improved in Ninja8 or Tradovate replay?
Basically, how does the replay part of the course work?
Thanks.

Regardless of weather or not replay works well, I highly suggest people just screen record their sessions. It's very easy to do with OBS, and you can just upload the videos to YouTube for storage. I've been doing this now with my journal since about May for bonds. So now there's a record that is available to anyone. It can be viewed any time you want, and you can easily fast forward or replay parts. Even if you don't want to go through the work of uploading to YouTube, you'd be surprised how much video you can fit on modern hard drives.

Trambo 

I couldn’t agree more. This has been some of the best advice I’ve ever had actually. I use B.B. flashback and it works well, I’ve found the files aren’t too large and have a hard drive just for videos. Very useful for analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:

spideysteve 
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Platform: NT, MT4, Jigsaw
Broker: Continuum
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 170

TWDsje View Post
Regardless of weather or not replay works well, I highly suggest people just screen record their sessions. It's very easy to do with OBS, and you can just upload the videos to YouTube for storage. I've been doing this now with my journal since about May for bonds. So now there's a record that is available to anyone. It can be viewed any time you want, and you can easily fast forward or replay parts. Even if you don't want to go through the work of uploading to YouTube, you'd be surprised how much video you can fit on modern hard drives.

Agreed 100%. Also, I’ve uploaded videos to my iPad for later viewing. I had about an hour bus ride to work which I would use to watch these recordings. I have hundreds of hours of ZN/ZB/ZF/UB screen recordings, cut to approximately the first 3 hours of the treasuries open

Follow me on Twitter
Thanked by:
 roadahead 
Dubai UAE

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 54

Peter,

Could you briefly explain the idea behind the reconstructed tape? I mean what makes it possible technically to aggregate trades?
On your website I can see only a standalone Daytradr, what about a plug-in to NT? Does it come separately?
Also in case of Elite membership at futures.io where am I supposed to mention it to get a discount?

Thanks!

choke35 
Germany

Platform: Other
Trading: ES, YM, 6E
Thanks Given: 5,101
Thanks Received: 6,558

roadahead View Post
Peter,

Could you briefly explain the idea behind the reconstructed tape? I mean what makes it possible technically to aggregate trades?
On your website I can see only a standalone Daytradr, what about a plug-in to NT? Does it come separately?
Also in case of Elite membership at futures.io where am I supposed to mention it to get a discount?

Thanks!

Plain and simple: https://www.cmegroup.com/confluence/display/EPICSANDBOX/CME+MDP+3.0+Market+Data

The CME (and other exchanges as well) are using FIX (MDP x is a subset of that standard).
The standard reports the finest granularity of each order, trade, etc.
So all that order flow tools basically do is reading that data and change the form of summaries,
e.g. by plotting visual signals on charts when the CME data report an aggressor as defined below.

Some examples:
  1. Trade with Customer Orders
  2. Trade with Customer and Implied Orders
  3. One Aggressor Trading at Multiple Prices Against Customer and Implied Orders
  4. Ratio Spread Trade with Distributed Fills
  5. Market Open / New Price Indication

https://www.cmegroup.com/confluence/display/EPICSANDBOX/MDP+3.0+-+Trade+Summary+Order+Level+Detail#MDP3.0-TradeSummaryOrderLevelDetail-Examples

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

TWDsje View Post
Regardless of weather or not replay works well, I highly suggest people just screen record their sessions.

My original question referred to the replay that allows trades to be placed so one can actually trade past sessions.
I agree about recording. I like Pricesquawk so I record, on BBFlashback Express, and have the sounds recorded too.

@roadahead

If you are an Elite Member click here. (It is a $40 discount)

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on April 13, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts