NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 200 posts (684 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 125 posts (476 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 12 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 arnie with 10 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Yukoner with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 335,734 views
    2. thumb_up 1,498 thanks given
    3. group 469 followers
    1. forum 637 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

Laconic
New York, New York, USA

Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 47

Thank you! I did not know about the capabilities of the Rithmic webapp, and that makes all the difference.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,513

Laconic View Post
Thank you! I did not know about the capabilities of the Rithmic webapp, and that makes all the difference.

Absolutely. I wouldn't trade it on the "yes/no" app. The spread is too wide.

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

Not sure i understand the spread on this product. What difference does it make if you click Yes i believe price will close above 3950? Why would you need to take the spread into consideration ? I must miss something.

FuturesTrader71 View Post
Absolutely. I wouldn't trade it on the "yes/no" app. The spread is too wide.

FuturesTrader71 

trendisyourfriend View Post
Not sure i understand the spread on this product. What difference does it make if you click Yes i believe price will close above 3950? Why would you need to take the spread into consideration ? I must miss something.

In theory, I agree with you @trendisyourfriend. In practice, the spread can widen quite a bit. As an example, you may have a call price of $11.50 that you can just lift and be long that strike for a $20 max gain. But as soon as you enter, your P&L might be -$2.50 because of the spread. This means that the market has to move enough directionally AND overcome time decay just to cover that $2.50 spread. This is for an At-The-Money Event Contract. $2.50 on $20 is a 12.5% difference

Instead, I bid $10 or $9.50 for that call and wait to get hit instead since I might have conviction in it closing above the strike. I'm simply choosing not to pay up because that spread can be hard to overcome depending on where the market is.

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

In theory, I agree with you @trendisyourfriend. In practice, the spread can widen quite a bit. As an example, you may have a call price of $11.50 that you can just lift and be long that strike for a $20 max gain. But as soon as you enter, your P&L might be -$2.50 because of the spread. This means that the market has to move enough directionally AND overcome time decay just to cover that $2.50 spread. This is for an At-The-Money Event Contract. $2.50 on $20 is a 12.5% difference

Instead, I bid $10 or $9.50 for that call and wait to get hit instead since I might have conviction in it closing above the strike. I'm simply choosing not to pay up because that spread can be hard to overcome depending on where the market is.

Do you know if we can see the historical probabilities say on a 5 minute interval or whatever interval. For example, at 14h00 ET Yesterday the 15 min bar closed at 4005.5 so what was the probability at that time to see price close below 4000 at the end of the day? Can we get this info?

For example, today at around 10:00 ET for the ES, the probability to see price close below 4100 was favorable. Given the activity and climatic action at that time, that was a bet i would have been tempted to take. I just would like to see if a climatic move at a key level such as a round number could give an exploitable edge in the long run.

FuturesTrader71 

Do you know if we can see the historical probabilities say on a 5 minute interval or whatever interval. For example, at 14h00 ET Yesterday the 15 min bar closed at 4005.5 so what was the probability at that time to see price close below 4000 at the end of the day? Can we get this info?

For example, today at around 10:00 ET for the ES, the probability to see price close below 4100 was favorable. Given the activity and climatic action at that time, that was a bet i would have been tempted to take. I just would like to see if a climatic move at a key level such as a round number could give an exploitable edge in the long run.

I think you are referring to creating a quantitative predictive model on probabilities of something happening given a preceding series of events. This is the core of most quant trading systems like EdgeQX. Yes, this can and is being done across many assets and is very popular in crypto.

If you are asking me how to do it, then I would be outside of my field of expertise on that.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

I probably have not expressed clearly as what i wanted to know is what was the payout for any event contract for a given time interval such as Yesterday at 14h00 ET. Is it possible to know the previous payouts for the Yes or No proposition of each 15 minute interval of any given previous day? The same way you can look at a bar chart historically.

I think you are referring to creating a quantitative predictive model on probabilities of something happening given a preceding series of events. This is the core of most quant trading systems like EdgeQX. Yes, this can and is being done across many assets and is very popular in crypto.

If you are asking me how to do it, then I would be outside of my field of expertise on that.

FuturesTrader71 

I probably have not expressed clearly as what i wanted to know is what was the payout for any event contract for a given time interval such as Yesterday at 14h00 ET. Is it possible to know the previous payouts for the Yes or No proposition of each 15 minute interval of any given previous day? The same way you can look at a bar chart historically.

I don't believe this data is available.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts