NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 200 posts (684 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 125 posts (476 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 12 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 arnie with 10 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Yukoner with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 335,934 views
    2. thumb_up 1,498 thanks given
    3. group 469 followers
    1. forum 637 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

torroray 
Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multichart DT
Broker: MB Trading
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 61

Hi FT,

I dont understand why enter 1 contract for position sizing in the presentation. I would love to see how you manage risk with more than 1 contract.

You done your homework. It be fantastic to see where you scale in and scale out.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,513

Hey Traders,

I want to keep you posted on a couple of public videos that were done last week. The first is Part 2 of of the "Reading Order Flow and Stalking Trades" event. The intent of this session was to actually set up, stalk, take and manage a live trade or 2. It turned out to be a trend day and there was too much going on, so I intend to do another one. You might still find this useful still as I cover my entire approach to stalking a trade.

Here it is:

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

FuturesTrader71 

This recording is from December 4th. It is a trader intervention. The purpose of this is to go over a trader's performance and ultimately provide at least 3 imperatives that the trader must focus on going forward in order to see improvement.

I got strong feedback on this video. It looks strictly at performance metrics from our Trade Analyzer (legacy product shown; a new HTML5 version will be released in Q2 2016).

Here are Viraj's 3 imperatives for next time:
  1. Don’t trade until 10:30 or so on Wednesdays
  2. Adjust your R:R so that it is more realistic until you are able to trade more than 1 contract. Then you can keep the 1st lot at the normal R:R and the 2nd lot discretionary or extend it to less than 40 ticks
  3. Keep your trade management scheme fixed. Put the trade on and watch the charts instead of the DOM. You are taking on the risk of putting on a trade but then miss out on the reward by scratching it. Chances are, your trades don’t fail as much as you think

Have a look at the video and let's have a discussion about it:

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

FuturesTrader71 

torroray View Post
Hi FT,

I dont understand why enter 1 contract for position sizing in the presentation. I would love to see how you manage risk with more than 1 contract.

You done your homework. It be fantastic to see where you scale in and scale out.

Hi Torroray,

The reason I cut the size down to a 1 lot or do live trades on a $5k or 10k account is because I have to hold myself to the issues and approach that I would suggest for those listening. It is a bit like those health magazines where you see a guy who is totally ripped showing you how to do a squat, but he is using 50 lbs because that is what is relevant to the reader when he can squat 500 lbs. I'm not saying I'm much better, but it is not as relevant (based on feedback I got) to swing 20, 30, 40 lots when few can do so.

I hope that makes sense.

PS: 1 lots are much tougher to manage than a 40-lot.

Thanked by:

torroray 
Malaysia

FuturesTrader71 View Post
Hi Torroray,

The reason I cut the size down to a 1 lot or do live trades on a $5k or 10k account is because I have to hold myself to the issues and approach that I would suggest for those listening. It is a bit like those health magazines where you see a guy who is totally ripped showing you how to do a squat, but he is using 50 lbs because that is what is relevant to the reader when he can squat 500 lbs. I'm not saying I'm much better, but it is not as relevant (based on feedback I got) to swing 20, 30, 40 lots when few can do so.

I hope that makes sense.

PS: 1 lots are much tougher to manage than a 40-lot.

Hi FT,

I am sorry but I heard you mentioned many times in your webinar that its hard trading with 1 lot and you mentioned this recently in Trader Intervention you with TopStep Trader. For beginner with $5K account can choose different instrument other than ES with smaller tick size for managing risk.

tradernikki 
Jakarta, Indonesia

Platform: Sierra Chart, BookMap
Broker: S5 OEC, FXCM
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 89

FuturesTrader71 View Post
  1. Don’t trade until 10:30 or so on Wednesdays
  2. Adjust your R:R so that it is more realistic until you are able to trade more than 1 contract. Then you can keep the 1st lot at the normal R:R and the 2nd lot discretionary or extend it to less than 40 ticks
  3. Keep your trade management scheme fixed. Put the trade on and watch the charts instead of the DOM. You are taking on the risk of putting on a trade but then miss out on the reward by scratching it. Chances are, your trades don’t fail as much as you think

Thanks FT. How do we create a fixed trade management scheme for each markets? I'm guessing trading a 2-lot and 3-lot will have different schemes. Some example would be helpful.

Cheers

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

torroray 
Malaysia

tradernikki View Post
Thanks FT. How do we create a fixed trade management scheme for each markets? I'm guessing trading a 2-lot and 3-lot will have different schemes. Some example would be helpful.

Cheers

I am also interested in the outcome for this position sizing strategy

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: /CL
Thanks Given: 309
Thanks Received: 617

@FuturesTrader71

Mr Morad,

Thank you for all you do

Merry Christmas

Peace

-William

angela d 
New York City, NY USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, ER
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 28

Excellent information and very well-presented.

the price for an elite membership here at futures.io is a pittance compared to the value that I've gotten here ... the knowledge that I have gained.

My biggest takeaway is that my trading plan is pretty damned good, but I need to work on some other stuff.

Thanks Big Mike & TF71.

Best,
a

adam777 
Australia

Platform: TT
Broker: TT, Quandl
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 126
Thanks Received: 16

Thank you Morad for all the educational resources you've provided over the years. I've spent the last few weeks watching your videos from various sites and reading your threads.

Can anyone please tell me what the indicators are in the windows bellow his charts? I think the part of the third indicator window is cumulative delta. The second indicator window shows the rotation size but I'm not sure of the indicator name. I'll be using NinjaTrader, so I'm looking for equivalent indicators as I'm just starting out.

Last Updated on December 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts