NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 200 posts (684 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 125 posts (476 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 12 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 arnie with 10 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Yukoner with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 335,734 views
    2. thumb_up 1,498 thanks given
    3. group 469 followers
    1. forum 637 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,513

ganamide View Post
Thanks Morad! I really enjoyed watching these segments, and I look forward to watching more.

Do you have any words of wisdom on handling winning streaks? I have experienced several during my nearly 2 year career as a trader, and I wasn't sure how best to handle them. I noticed that I get feelings of elation, combined with fear of becoming overconfident in my trading. Things are a bit different during my current winning streak because I have lost a lot of money previously (so I feel like I deserve to win my money back) and I am currently trading sim until I build up a solid track record and accumulate a larger trading stake from my second job. However, the feelings I described mostly apply to my previous winning streaks with real money, albeit there weren't many big winning days, mostly many days of small wins.

BTW, any updates on the new training program?

Have you heard anyone ever say that it is easier to lose weight than to keep it off???? This is a similar issue.

The best way to handle a winning streak is to be clear about the habits that got you there and not to change them. Most people I have dealt with get a winning streak and all of a sudden they double their size and they really let their ego/monkey trade for them. They have it figured out so why do they need all of those rules that got them to win in the first place, right? Wrong!

On a winning streak, your goal is to do more of the same and to refine in very small ways. Look at your expectancy and set something slightly higher. Don't increase size until you feel like not increasing it puts you in a rut. If increasing size, then do so 1 lot at a time but only after the day has started and you are doing well at the beginning of it. So come in and put up a good trade or two and then add 1 more lot and manage it as part of the plan you already have. This is a better adjustment than trying to extend your targets or change how you manage trades, imo.

I hope that makes sense.

The Trade Development Program is still being built. I was killing myself for a while to get it done while I do a bunch of different things, but I have decided to slow down and really give the TDP its due attention. So I'm not concerned with when it gets released. It is probably the last thing I will do for the public; it will be that good, I think.

Watch your risk now that you are winning! Don't let that monkey deceive you into thinking that you are special now that you are making money trading. You hear me?!?!!

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

FuturesTrader71 

Hey traders,

Hoping that you are all taking advantage of this movement in the middle of August.

I posted another #TradeWisdom episode yesterday about Discipline. Please feel free to share the video or embed it where you seen necessary.

Best,
FT71

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

FuturesTrader71 

FYI: I'm holding an open AMA session (these happen once per month) today at 12 PM CT / 1 PM Eastern. You can join it by following this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5264437853132469249

It will be recorded and we can send a copy out to you if you register but don't attend.

Cheers!
FT71

Thanked by:

TheTradeSlinger 
Huntington WV

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 682

@FuturesTrader71,

Just wanted to thank you for the #TradeWisdom series of videos.

I'm finding a lot of value in the topics covered in that series and appreciate the "realness" and honesty in them.

Thank you

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

sixsmith07 
Oslo, Norway

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, Sierra
Broker: IQFEED Stage5
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 282
Thanks Received: 647

@FuturesTrader71 loved that video a couple years back on the micro FX for the CME. I know you have been pushing of the micro ES but do you think the M6E is still something you would recommend to people or is the liquidity totally dead?

Thanked by:

Joshua1984 
Montreal, Quebec/Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ensign, IB, Sierra Chart, Ninjatrader, Multicharts
Trading: CL, Stocks, 6C
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 20

sixsmith07 View Post
@FuturesTrader71 loved that video a couple years back on the micro FX for the CME. I know you have been pushing of the micro ES but do you think the M6E is still something you would recommend to people or is the liquidity totally dead?

I have been trading M6E every day since July and never get slippage.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

WilleeMac 
Prospect, KY. USA

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: /CL
Thanks Given: 309
Thanks Received: 617

@FuturesTrader71

Nice AMA today, thank you

Do you have a general idea on the cost of your forthcoming university course ?

Thank you

@Uozob (twitter)

-William

Thanked by:

FuturesTrader71 

TheTradeSlinger View Post
@FuturesTrader71,

Just wanted to thank you for the #TradeWisdom series of videos.

I'm finding a lot of value in the topics covered in that series and appreciate the "realness" and honesty in them.

Thank you

Glad to hear it! I'm working on a big one that will hopefully be out next Wednesday.

FuturesTrader71 

sixsmith07 View Post

As Joshua indicated, the liquidity is not an issue in that product because it is intended for live practice. You wouldn't want to trade more than 3-5 contracts in there and there is plenty of liquidity for that, imo.

Thanked by:

FuturesTrader71 

WilleeMac View Post
@FuturesTrader71

Nice AMA today, thank you

Do you have a general idea on the cost of your forthcoming university course ?

Thank you

@Uozob (twitter)

-William

I don't. It is pretty comprehensive and is intended as a minimum standard of training to trade futures, so it is not meant to be a one-off DVD set or something like that. It is more community based and the pricing is expected to be incremental so folks don't have to commit up front if they don't want to. Does details haven't been worked out. I'm more focused on content right now.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts