NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 200 posts (684 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 125 posts (476 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 12 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 arnie with 10 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Yukoner with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 339,350 views
    2. thumb_up 1,498 thanks given
    3. group 468 followers
    1. forum 637 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

Broman 
San Francisco, CA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TD Ameritrade, NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 5

FuturesTrader71 View Post
This is the Volume Breakdown Indicator on IRT. It is the volume delta in the form of green and red candlesticks. The grey bars are volume delta momentum bars. If you don't know what IRT is, let me know.

Thanks fror the quick reply FT71!

I'm assuming this is the Investor/RT charting tool? That's a pretty nifty indicator... I like it. I'm landlocked on Ninjatrader at the moment since I'm also exploring the Bloodhound product as well. Investor/RT looks to be an interesting piece of software however.

Has anyone seen a similar tool that's NT compatable?

Best
Broman

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

para6ut 
london united kingdom

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart, S5T
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,226
Thanks Received: 91

Please help - I know it must be something simple....

NYSE NET issues - what is it actually ?

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,514

para6ut View Post
Please help - I know it must be something simple....

NYSE NET issues - what is it actually ?

NYSE net issues is also known as NYSE Breadth or the number of advancing stocks versus declining stocks by price.

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

para6ut 
london united kingdom

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart, S5T
Thanks Given: 1,226
Thanks Received: 91

'NYSE net issues is also known as NYSE Breadth or the number of advancing stocks versus declining stocks by price.'

Thanks a lot FT, in that case what is the difference with the net volume ?
Are they both being measured from previous day close?

FuturesTrader71 

para6ut View Post
'NYSE net issues is also known as NYSE Breadth or the number of advancing stocks versus declining stocks by price.'

Thanks a lot FT, in that case what is the difference with the net volume ?
Are they both being measured from previous day close?

NYSE Net Volume is measuring the net volume of those issues rather than the price.

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
 spibok 
Perth

Platform: IRT
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi FT, I have calculated the harmonic rotation for the market I trade. The results are:

1 Sigma (70%) : between 1 and 5 ticks
1.66 Sigma (90%) : between 6 and 8 ticks
2 sigma : 9 ticks plus

All of 1 minute bars with min 2 tick pullback.

My question is around using these to determine target/stop scheme for trades, I just want to see my thinking is on the right track.

Based on the above would you place your stop at 6 ticks (just outside 1 Sigma) or at 8 (on edge of 2 Sigma).

Also, if trading in "half units" (full clip is split in 2), first scale at 4-5 ticks (just inside 1 normal rotation), 2nd scale at 6-8 ticks

If trading in "thirds" of a unit - as above + runner

Does that make sense? Am I somewhere in the right ballpark?

Thanks for your help.

Thanked by:

FuturesTrader71 

spibok View Post
Hi FT, I have calculated the harmonic rotation for the market I trade. The results are:

1 Sigma (70%) : between 1 and 5 ticks
1.66 Sigma (90%) : between 6 and 8 ticks
2 sigma : 9 ticks plus

All of 1 minute bars with min 2 tick pullback.

My question is around using these to determine target/stop scheme for trades, I just want to see my thinking is on the right track.

Based on the above would you place your stop at 6 ticks (just outside 1 Sigma) or at 8 (on edge of 2 Sigma).

Also, if trading in "half units" (full clip is split in 2), first scale at 4-5 ticks (just inside 1 normal rotation), 2nd scale at 6-8 ticks

If trading in "thirds" of a unit - as above + runner

Does that make sense? Am I somewhere in the right ballpark?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Spibok,

First of all, this study has to be built using the time frame in which you trade. So I'm going to go on the assumption that you will be tracking rotations using 1 min bars.

2 tick minimum pullback is pretty tight. What is the market you are study? You will likely see tons of rotations that give you little to work with once you give up a tick to get in.

Assuming what you have done is correct, my opinion is as follows:
  • My 1st scale would be inside of 5 ticks
  • My stop would be outside of 8 ticks
  • Your target then has to compensate for the 5-tick scale out versus 8 tick stop which leaves you with -3 ticks of exposure. So your target on a 2nd contract would be around 11-12 ticks

What is more important here, in my opinion, is that you need to watch for any rotations that are 10 ticks or bigger (greater than 2 sigma event). If you have an alert for a rotation set to 10 ticks or better, then this might be your 1st indication that the rotations are expanding well beyond what is "normal" and you need to pay attention especially if this happens near an area or level where you intend to do business. It can signal exhaustion OR the beginning of an impulsive move.

I know that is very technical and it is easier to just talk about it, but I hope you get my point.

Good luck and be militant about your risk control.

spibok 
Perth

Platform: IRT
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hey FT, thanks for that. Great minds must think alike as post me posting my original findings I thought to myself that the 1min chart was a bit too tight in terms of timeframe and the 2 tick pullback was also a little punchy.

Results using a 2 tick Renko (which I feel comfortable with) and a 3 tick pullback are:

Sample Size = 984
Max =42
Min =3
Ave =9
VPOC for the rotation study is 6 ticks

1 Sigma : 3-9 ticks
1.66 Sigma : 10-14 ticks
2 Sigma : 15+ ticks

So based on your previous reply plus the amended stats from above a viable trade management scheme to start off as a launching point for further testing would look something like the following - Stop = 15 ticks , first scale = 6-9 ticks. if the first scale is achieved I am left with 6-9 ticks of risk on the table so second target needs to be around 15 ticks.

I hope I am making sense. I am a complete novice with Excel but basically took all your AMA's and Webinars and when you were walking through it I paused, zoomed in, copied the formulas from the screen, made mistakes, tried again, made more mistakes, rewatched the videos etc etc. Now I can pretty much do a rotation study in my sleep! Thanks again.

Pocwave 
Madison, WI

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 89
Thanks Received: 127

You mentioned Joe's list of errors. What are the top 5 errors you see traders committing while trading? Thanks.

joselopezde 
Spain / Europe

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: FESX, FGBL, ES...
Thanks Given: 327
Thanks Received: 22

Hi FT71,

I would like to know your opinion about Bid Ask Analysis (Footprint Charts)

Thanks in advance.

Last Updated on December 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts