NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 200 posts (684 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 125 posts (476 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 12 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 arnie with 10 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Yukoner with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 335,934 views
    2. thumb_up 1,498 thanks given
    3. group 469 followers
    1. forum 637 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,513

UpsideDown View Post
Post #486 in this thread where Morad replies to a question he wasn't asked. About a webinar where he's touting a system that will make him money for each subscriber.

Hence my skepticism.

See....this is where you and I are having a difference of opinion. You are going on assumptions.

You are assuming that I should only talk about stuff that I'm asked about and only specific to how I trade. This is absolute nonsense. I talk about psychology and will be talking about it again in today's Webinar but I'm not a therapist or a psychologist, so what question am I answering? How dare I talk about it?

During that webinar, I clearly STATED that S5 has an announcement relating to systems trading and the announcement was this strategy. Now, the webinar has been one that I have wanted to hold for a long time and I would have. However, I didn't have anyone I could put on who I knew would be an expert in this field. I know Red Ivy's guys are and so we put them on and announced the strat at the same time. It makes sense.

By the way, since you already know everything there is to know without asking, you probably also know that I worked on building trading systems with a PhD mathematician/coder using MatLab and other pro traders here in Chicago for about a year back in 2011-2012. So I do know how strategies are turned into auto-trading algos. It has been my focus until 2 years ago when I met Red Ivy's guys.

But hey....since you are a pantomath and know everything already....I probably don't need to tell you that.

I could spend hours responding to your comments, criticisms and cynicism. However, you don't know me. You don't know what I'm doing. You don't know what I'm working towards. You don't know how I get paid or why I get paid. You have no idea what amount of my time I spend working on improving the way I influence traders. No idea whatsoever.

So here you are; instead of asking questions and questioning me in a meaningful way. You simply throw me in a pile of people who are here to shove useless things at traders and go off on your rant. And that is what it is...you are not questioning because you only asked a question about Jeff Davis and then the rest was pure ranting.

Maybe I will take the time to respond to your criticisms for the sake of showing that the Red Ivy strategy is being provided as a solution that addresses certain issues that people have that I see every day. But then again, I think that you have made up your mind and it would be pointless. You clearly have a bone to pick and I'm not picking it with you.

Now, if anyone else has any questions, doubts or requests based on the Automated Trading Webinar I did, then please just ask and I will clarify. Those who buy into the rant and skepticism are best suited to ignore me and whatever I'm talking about or bringing to traders. It is simply not for you.

Hope that makes sense. The dialogue is open. But please don't talk AT me. A conversation is worth my time. Accusations are not.

Best of luck in whatever you do going forward. I mean that!

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Stillgreen 
Oregon

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 356
Thanks Received: 248

Hi @FuturesTrader71, thanks for the excellent public AMA on June 30. I think it was one of your best--really packed with useful advice.( For those who haven't seen it, it's here
)
I have a question about a market that's now being made available by more US brokers ( IB and AMP)-
The Mini Nikkei 225 on the Osaka Exchange ( Symbol MJNK from CQG). It's very liquid and is around $4.50 per tick. It is said to trade quite similarly to the ES. The hours are also good for those of us in the US wanting to trade evenings.
Have you looked at this market ?
Do you think it " behaves" well re Volume Profile ?
Do you know if Stage 5 is planning to offer it ?

Thank you.

FuturesTrader71 

Stillgreen View Post
Hi @FuturesTrader71, thanks for the excellent public AMA on June 30. I think it was one of your best--really packed with useful advice.( For those who haven't seen it, it's here
)
I have a question about a market that's now being made available by more US brokers ( IB and AMP)-
The Mini Nikkei 225 on the Osaka Exchange ( Symbol MJNK from CQG). It's very liquid and is around $4.50 per tick. It is said to trade quite similarly to the ES. The hours are also good for those of us in the US wanting to trade evenings.
Have you looked at this market ?
Do you think it " behaves" well re Volume Profile ?
Do you know if Stage 5 is planning to offer it ?

Thank you.

Hi Stillgreen,

Just to make sure folks can follow along, here is the AMA that was done last week:

I'm aware of the Nikkei on CME but not the mini on Osaka. I have never looked at this product. I know the NKD contract on the CME is quite a mover. I have never traded it myself.

If it is available at AMP Clearing, then it is something that Stage 5 Trading can support. I will pull it up on our internal AMP platform to have a look.

Reviewing the exchange info, I see that it traded 254k contracts. That makes it on par with about 2x NQ. Also looking at the rotations, it seems like it has some pretty strong rotations (range today was 175t or USD$856 per contract which is about 3 times that of the NQ).

I am unable to pull up a profile of it, since I don't have this exchange. However, looking at average price per 1 min bar, it looks to trade a VP a lot like crude oil. Seems like it is not for the faint of heart, in my opinion.

If AMP is offering it direct, then chances are that Stage 5 can offer it as well. Please drop S5 a note here and ask to get a definitive answer. Please state that it is already available on AMP.

Thanks!
FT71

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Thanked by:

Stillgreen 
Oregon

Hi @FuturesTrader71, thanks for your reply.

About the Mini Nikkei -Osaka : the hours are a bit unusual

Trading Hours: Open 7pm CST (Chicago) – Closes 1:10am CST (Chicago)
After Hours (Asia Night Session) Re-opens 2:30am CST until 12:55pm CST

So the range you quoted (175t) was for the Asian overnight session, not the regular "pit" session. And it's important to note that it wasn't actually a range of 175 ticks since this market moves in increments of 5, so the range of that period was only 35t.

The RTH is is good timing for US evening traders, especially on the West Coast.
I'm still getting just used to this market on SIM. So far so good. Lots of liquidity, and the DOM shows a lot more than the usual 10 levels.
The value per tick and the reasonable commissions make it an attractive market to me. Data is a bit more than the CME -$29 per month
Anyone who wants to try it out can do so by getting a free CQG Demo from AMP-- you can use Sierrachart, Multicharts etc. IB also has it, but I'm not sure about a Demo there.

There are a couple of threads about it on nexusfi.com :

and

If at some point you (or anyone else here with Vol Profile experience) get a chance to look at this market's behavior,
it would be great to get an opinion.

FuturesTrader71 

Hello Traders,

This is to inform you that there is another open AMA scheduled for this Wednesday, August 10th @ 4:30 PM Eastern. Questions can be submitted and are limited to 25.

To get details, register and/or submit a question, go HERE

Thanked by:

Stillgreen 
Oregon

Hi @FuturesTrader71 ,

great Public Webinar the other day. Lots of detailed answers given.

Sept 15, 2016 - Public Ask Me Anything Recording - FuturesTrader71

You discussed how to trade the IB STAT in ES. Are the stats similar in CL ? 97% chance of a break of the IB H or L ?

Thank you.

FuturesTrader71 

Stillgreen View Post
Hi @FuturesTrader71 ,

great Public Webinar the other day. Lots of detailed answers given.

Sept 15, 2016 - Public Ask Me Anything Recording - FuturesTrader71

You discussed how to trade the IB STAT in ES. Are the stats similar in CL ? 97% chance of a break of the IB H or L ?

Thank you.

Hi Stillgreen,

Yes, the stat is very close in CL to what it is for NQ, ES, etc. The issue with CL is it tends to breach it very early on and very quickly. You have to anticipate the direction of the break early in that product.

Best,
FT71

Thanked by:

FuturesTrader71 

Hello traders,

This Convergence Event will cover the key execution platform that I use to engage with the market and through which I keeps track of how orders are moving in the order book for any given product. More importantly, I discuss the process I use to detect how participants are responding to those orders. We will go over the key new features as well as uses of S5 BookMap and important updates and changes that make the software accessible to all traders.

Please join us or simply register to be sent the recording

johny1971 
Omaha, NE/USA

Platform: S5 Trader; Jigsaw; TOS
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: ZN
Thanks Given: 221
Thanks Received: 105

Thanks for all the work you do. I have one quick question. I am considering learning trading off of the M6E, but I live in Central time zone. While most of my work is during the day, I do have some flexibility with my hours and, so, I could trade some of the M6E hours (2am-10:30am). Does the M6E volatility follow a structure like, say, the ES where some argue that it is best to trade the ES only till about noon Eastern time if one is counting on trading in a relatively more volatile time period?

Thanks again and have a great week!

FuturesTrader71 

johny1971 View Post
Thanks for all the work you do. I have one quick question. I am considering learning trading off of the M6E, but I live in Central time zone. While most of my work is during the day, I do have some flexibility with my hours and, so, I could trade some of the M6E hours (2am-10:30am). Does the M6E volatility follow a structure like, say, the ES where some argue that it is best to trade the ES only till about noon Eastern time if one is counting on trading in a relatively more volatile time period?

Thanks again and have a great week!

Hi Johny,

Yes, the M6E follows the 6E futures contract (EURUSD) and is active for about the first 2 hours after opening of the European and US sessions. So I would trade it from 2 am to about 4:30 am CT and then again from about 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM CT.

That product dies out dramatically after the European close.

This is an old study that I did to get an idea of when the product has good ranges:

Last Updated on December 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts