NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one FuturesTrader71 with 200 posts (684 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 125 posts (476 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 12 posts (31 thanks)
    4. looks_4 arnie with 10 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Yukoner with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 FuturesTrader71 with 3.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 338,910 views
    2. thumb_up 1,498 thanks given
    3. group 468 followers
    1. forum 637 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

AMA: FuturesTrader71 (FT71) / Morad Askar - Ask Me Anything

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,514

It would be great if ALL micro traders would sign this:

https://chng.it/qBmbrRLNSH[/SIZE][/B]

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
27 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
9 thanks

spideysteve 
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT, MT4, Jigsaw
Broker: Continuum
Trading: ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 170

@FuturesTrader71 I’m curious about your trading style. I’ve watched some of your morning trader bites and I can see what you’re looking at, but I’m wondering are you a scalper, trying for a point or 2 at a time? Are you going for bigger swings like 10 points? Or do you base your targets on current rotation size, which would change your targets constantly?

Thanked by:

FuturesTrader71 

spideysteve View Post
@FuturesTrader71 I’m curious about your trading style. I’ve watched some of your morning trader bites and I can see what you’re looking at, but I’m wondering are you a scalper, trying for a point or 2 at a time? Are you going for bigger swings like 10 points? Or do you base your targets on current rotation size, which would change your targets constantly?

Hey Spidey,

Thanks for asking. Publicly, I mainly focused on structured setups using VP and order flow. I'm not looking for scalps. If you look at the ES right now (10:34 AM Eastern on 12/11/2019), you will see that it is trading at 3139.00. This is OSH, mid and the swing high of yday's afternoon. I expect the market to bounce here because it broke higher from this morning's opening swing in an open auction. It might give a point or 2 of heat, but I expect at some point it would challenge that 3143 high.

Note, however, that every trade has a random outcome. It may not work this time (FOMC release is a caveat), but this is an example of a structure-based trade that I would be stalking, taking and managing. There is always risk to finding out if a trade will work.

My risk is generally 1.5R net because I scale out to mitigate risk and aim for a runner to go to the next key area of support/resistance. So I don't have a fixed expectation. The market yields what it yields on any given setup and it is my job to be objective and read the facts rather than what I want.

I hope that isn't causing more questions than answers, but this is what I look for. I do look for scalps on some days when we are in balance and depending on the product I'm trading.

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread

spideysteve 
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT, MT4, Jigsaw
Broker: Continuum
Trading: ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 363
Thanks Received: 170

FuturesTrader71 View Post
Hey Spidey,

Thanks for asking. Publicly, I mainly focused on structured setups using VP and order flow. I'm not looking for scalps. If you look at the ES right now (10:34 AM Eastern on 12/11/2019), you will see that it is trading at 3139.00. This is OSH, mid and the swing high of yday's afternoon. I expect the market to bounce here because it broke higher from this morning's opening swing in an open auction. It might give a point or 2 of heat, but I expect at some point it would challenge that 3143 high.

Note, however, that every trade has a random outcome. It may not work this time (FOMC release is a caveat), but this is an example of a structure-based trade that I would be stalking, taking and managing. There is always risk to finding out if a trade will work.

My risk is generally 1.5R net because I scale out to mitigate risk and aim for a runner to go to the next key area of support/resistance. So I don't have a fixed expectation. The market yields what it yields on any given setup and it is my job to be objective and read the facts rather than what I want.

I hope that isn't causing more questions than answers, but this is what I look for. I do look for scalps on some days when we are in balance and depending on the product I'm trading.

Man, thank you for the detailed explanation. That more than covers what I was curious about and I appreciate it.

It does bring up one question tho - other than ES, what other products do you trade?

Thanked by:

FuturesTrader71 

spideysteve View Post
Man, thank you for the detailed explanation. That more than covers what I was curious about and I appreciate it.

It does bring up one question tho - other than ES, what other products do you trade?

I am constantly watching CL (that's why I have that petition on the MCL here: https://www.change.org/p/cme-group-inc-cme-to-launch-micro-crude-product ...I think it provides good trading diversification when risk is in check) as well as NQ, FDXM and sometimes GC.

Blaster666 
Buenos Aires Argentina

Experience: None
Platform: TWS
Trading: Micro ES
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 30

Is available to public some Futurestrader71's track record about his trading? Either be shares, futures or what is available.

I am curious about if a professional trader and mentor like him has at any moment published something like what I talk about.

Thx.

FuturesTrader71 

Blaster666 View Post
Is available to public some Futurestrader71's track record about his trading? Either be shares, futures or what is available.

I am curious about if a professional trader and mentor like him has at any moment published something like what I talk about.

Thx.

Hi Blaster,

When I first started to come out in the public, I posted trades live on Twitter (hence the big twitter following). I was still running my prop shop and this was an outlet for me as I was winding down operations and looking beyond the walls of my office at the CBOT.

I have since done live trading webinar impromptus and so on and traded live for the fun of it. Soon, it became about the setup or the stop size or the amount traded and so on. Thousands of emails (many unread) later, I decided to pivot to discussing what we normally go through in prop. In prop, we don't go over and tell people when to click (which is what everyone wants). Instead, I emphasize the unsexy, but key stuff like risk sizing based on rotations, mindset, emotional awareness, a lot of technical stuff relating to statistical probabilities and volume profile, etc.

Your question comes up often. It is a valid question if I'm selling you a trading system, a managed fund or a signal. I'm not doing any of that and never will. My view is: Listen to what I'm saying. If you think it is BS, move on. If I can get you to think for yourself and use what I'm offering as a basis for developing your own plan, then I have hit my mark. The fact that I might be trading a $1.4M account or a $55k account doesn't figure into any of it. Again, I'm not telling you when to click. People who tell all of us when to click are probably not clicking themselves because not even prop shops or institutional desks do this. We wouldn't need people if we can just tell a trader (or machine) when to execute.

Bottom line: There is zero benefit and a whole lot of noise when talking about P&L or performance or account size or trade size. Many will see it as skirting the question, that's for sure. However, that's not my concern. My message is still what leads to traders becoming professional in their approach and in, hopefully, seeing results.

I hope that makes sense.

PS: I'm not a mentor nor am I an educator.

elgrando 
Moscow, Russia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts.NET, InvestorRT
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 2

Hello, Futurestrader71
I have a question about Convergent Trading. Is it suitable for me as a sourse if I don't have a trading system and I want to develop it? I am not new to market profile and not new to trading but I am struggling to find my edge, define setups and execute it. Can I find some sort of education at Convergent Trading for those who don't have solid trading approach/system right now and want to develop it?

mangustas 
Kaunas, Lithuania

Platform: NinjaTrader, S5 trader
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

Howdy, @FuturesTrader71

I have a quite a few questions, I hope they won't be a drag.

1. How are the things going with the CL micros?

2. I'm interested in the evolution of your trading workspace- the "spaghetti factory" as you named it in the Futures radio show (Crudele) and the Stalkzones. From watching your TB's I've seen them changing- Stalkzkones changed from hundreds of green and red lines to grey regions we see now, as well as Spaghetti's changed (looks like you droped out TICK and did some serious design changes). Could you give us a backstory how you've evolved your workspace or some advices, like what are the common pitfalls in watching other markets.
For example, I'm trading ES but I'm also watching RTY, NQ, VIX and gold. Is it worth watching these instruments to find possible movement changes in ES?

3. Before this rally (and I guess now as well) I've had hard time with my entries. Like around 4 out of 10 last trades were stopped out and then about a point or so latter market moved to direction which was planned. I was using 3pt stop, trading maybe 2-3 trades per day. So being stopped out once a day was really pissing me off. I'm not sure what I want to ask at this point- it is irrelevant that happened in the past. But if things like this will start happening again, when I'm constantly being stopped out, should I adjust my stop? And/or is it actually possible to improve one's entries by practice?

Thanked by:
 mangustas 
Kaunas, Lithuania

Platform: NinjaTrader, S5 trader
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 4

Also, can you recomend any macro analysts to follow?

Last Updated on December 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts