NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 320,355 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Used PT/SL @4/6 (adjust SL to -3 after a 3-tick move) in the afternoon. Did only 3 1-contract trades. Enclosed 3 ellipses were the ones I missed. What happened?

1st ellipse: I was thinking if it's too early (still before 2:00 pm) to do a real trade esp after a baby loser.

2nd & 3rd ellipses: Experienced technical issues incl frozen screens and disappearance of the DOM.

Got kicked out after 3:30 pm and I decide to end the day.

Official record: -9 ticks before commission for 20 1-contract trades.

Another lesson learned: Very important to respect ADX ideally Green 25 or more (at least close to 25 with most indicators align with the trade).

Post-Trading Insight: Not sure if it's only today esp in the afternoon, most trades got 3-4 ticks and reversed. Morning is better .. Well, is it just me ..

Beth

Good Trading is about Trading Right!
Want What the Market Wants!
Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TF 11 Aug Afternoon.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	18410  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Yes, I know .. it's not the end of the week oooooo.

Since I am now trading TF, I don't see the point of keeping the ES 5-minute CCI chart. Am now officially annoucing its retirement UFN .. smile .. For the revised trading platform, I will have the following starting tomorrow:

1. TF

a. 4-Range
b. 3-Range (For an early warning to exit. It's better to get 2-3 ticks compare to losing 2-3!!)

2. ES

a. 4-Range
b. 30-Minute Market Profile

Plan to take a break from the trading station until later tonight.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Price currently trades at 1074.25 (over 10 points below yesterday's Close @1084.75).

Overnight High and Low as at 9:00 am are 1087.50 and 1072.75 respectively.

Top VPOC 1090.50
Bottom VPOC 1039.50

No more major news! Have a Successful day.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Premarket Homework for 12 Aug Thu.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	18462  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Here it comes:

1. Sim Trade Log

No of Trades: 4 1-contract trades (3 winners and 1 loser)
No of Ticks: 6 before commission

2. Real Trade Log

1 1-contract trade: -6 ticks before commission

Note: It's highlighted in an ellipse. I entered after its breaking 612.8 (where it stopped twice earlier). Did not have the strength to hit 4 ticks before reversing up. It's my plan that if the first real trade was a losing one, I will wait for another day. That's the way to preserve precious capital and survive. If I have more bullets in my pocket (ie have winning ticks from former trades), I may choose to do one more trade.

Lesson learned (to be confirmed):

Notice the two blue lines specifying potential Long and Short entries (1 tick above or below HH/LL). I've been checking IF there's any important price reference point in the neighborhood before placing a trade. It may NOT be appropriate as I should focus on just the 5 bars and EMA lines + the ones stated on Method 1. Certainly S/R to confirm enough room for a trade. I may have checked too many additional things that could have crowded my judgment + causing reluctance. I'm not 100% certain at this point on how to go forward!

Emotion:

Having a losing trade (live) is not comforting. Yet I've learned that as long as I'm mostly Green most of the time, a few pinky ones are acceptable LOL!

Am officially done with both sim and real trades for today. I plan to do some non-trading things as a change. I have an urge to start preparing some "gratitude" cards/notes to my family and friends. I consider myself very lucky to have met many friends (all over the world) who helped (in different ways) moulding who I am right now. Certainly my siblings and Nelson too. Let me start with the family .. smile ..

Confession: I am upset that Nelson's new employer has not been treating him fairly. Over 2 months of hardwork (average 10 hours/day on the road Mon to Sat + giving complimentary advice/guidance to their operation flow/customer service team etc) and he has not been paid for the 20+ deals he closed. After my constant pushing, he got another $575 cheque yesterday. No one can survive with less than $1,300 for 2+ months not to mention the gas spent on running the car.

To switch back to a healthier mood, I believe designing/sending out gratitude cards/notes will soothe my psyche.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TF 09-10  8_12_2010 (4 Range).jpg
Views:	155
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	18466   Click image for larger version

Name:	TF Trade Logs 12 Aug.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	18471  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Initial Balance: 1081.75 - 1070.50 (11.25 points)
Value Area as at 11:00 am: 1081.50 - 1077.00 - 1074.00 (7.50 points)
Price opened @1071.25
Today's High and Low as at 11:00 am: 1083.75 - 1070.50
VPOCs: Top 1090.50 and Bottom 1039.50
Overnight High and Low: 1087.50 and 1070.50

Considering the 13+ points drop overnight, Mr Market has been working very hard to climb back up (getting close to yesterday's Close @1084.75). I'm bear bias and will not surprise me if it switches gear and go the other direction.

Let's trade with an edge!

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES 09-10  8_12_2010 (30 Min).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	18468  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

When I was preparing my "Gratitude" notes, futures.io (formerly BMT) has to be within the first round .. smile ..

I maybe sharing too much and too often. :tape: Will be moderate from now onwards. My heartfelt thanks again for standing by me all these months.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails
Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions-my-supportive-trading-friends.pdf  

David_R 
San Jose, Ca
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Something moving
Thanks Given: 2,335
Thanks Received: 2,524

wgreenie View Post
Here it comes:

1. Sim Trade Log

No of Trades: 4 1-contract trades (3 winners and 1 loser)
No of Ticks: 6 before commission

2. Real Trade Log

1 1-contract trade: -6 ticks before commission

Note: It's highlighted in an ellipse. I entered after its breaking 612.8 (where it stopped twice earlier). Did not have the strength to hit 4 ticks before reversing up. It's my plan that if the first real trade was a losing one, I will wait for another day. That's the way to preserve precious capital and survive. If I have more bullets in my pocket (ie have winning ticks from former trades), I may choose to do one more trade.

Lesson learned (to be confirmed):

Notice the two blue lines specifying potential Long and Short entries (1 tick above or below HH/LL). I've been checking IF there's any important price reference point in the neighborhood before placing a trade. It may NOT be appropriate as I should focus on just the 5 bars and EMA lines + the ones stated on Method 1. Certainly S/R to confirm enough room for a trade. I may have checked too many additional things that could have crowded my judgment + causing reluctance. I'm not 100% certain at this point on how to go forward!

Emotion:

Having a losing trade (live) is not comforting. Yet I've learned that as long as I'm mostly Green most of the time, a few pinky ones are acceptable LOL!

Am officially done with both sim and real trades for today. I plan to do some non-trading things as a change. I have an urge to start preparing some "gratitude" cards/notes to my family and friends. I consider myself very lucky to have met many friends (all over the world) who helped (in different ways) moulding who I am right now. Certainly my siblings and Nelson too. Let me start with the family .. smile ..

Confession: I am upset that Nelson's new employer has not been treating him fairly. Over 2 months of hardwork (average 10 hours/day on the road Mon to Sat + giving complimentary advice/guidance to their operation flow/customer service team etc) and he has not been paid for the 20+ deals he closed. After my constant pushing, he got another $575 cheque yesterday. No one can survive with less than $1,300 for 2+ months not to mention the gas spent on running the car.

To switch back to a healthier mood, I believe designing/sending out gratitude cards/notes will soothe my psyche.

Beth

Beth,

I completely understand your feeling about Nelson's employer. I don't think the word FAIR fits into the vocabulary of employers. I would say if the employer is not going to pay then there really isn't any reason for Nelson to work so hard. Why do it for free? Maybe it's time to look for a new new employer.

You can share whatever you want to share. This is your journal.

David

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

David_R View Post
Maybe it's time to look for a new employer.

Thanks David for your kind words.

If Nelson is going to look for a new employer, he may as well stay as home and learn how to trade. If yes, I will withdraw most of my savings to sponsor him!

Back in Mar, I encouraged him to leave his employer of 5 years as he had been talking about folding the office + no leads for 2 months. The "first" new employer was not a honest businessman (we found out from different scam blogs) and he also owed Nelson 50% salaries. Then the present one ("second" new employer in 4 months) .. seems worst of all as he does not pay .. sigh ..

Beth

Trade With the Trend!

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

wgreenie View Post
When I was preparing my "Gratitude" notes, futures.io (formerly BMT) has to be within the first round .. smile ..

I maybe sharing too much and too often. :tape: Will be moderate from now onwards. My heartfelt thanks again for standing by me all these months.

Beth

Beth,

That is very nice of you

As for 'sharing too much too often', I hope you are not reaching this conclusion by the recent lack of replies to your posts. First, you need to remember the journal was to help you first and foremost, right? The pattern you are in of sharing your thoughts, formulating your plan and your wording for each post, this is something that has brought about positive change in your trading. Think twice before altering it. Second, don't judge a book by its cover, right? I mean that it's just "the norm", unfortunately, that the majority of people read but do not write. There are far more people that read books on Amazon.com than who author them. Your thread is popular on the site, that means that a great deal of people are reading it and are learning from it, and have a lot of interest in continuing to see your development.

Have a good weekend,
Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

wgreenie View Post
Thanks David for your kind words.

If Nelson is going to look for a new employer, he may as well stay as home and learn how to trade. If yes, I will withdraw most of my savings to sponsor him!

Back in Mar, I encouraged him to leave his employer of 5 years as he had been talking about folding the office + no leads for 2 months. The "first" new employer was not a honest businessman (we found out from different scam blogs) and he also owed Nelson 50% salaries. Then the present one ("second" new employer in 4 months) .. seems worst of all as he does not pay .. sigh ..

Beth

Life is not always fair. I don't know your financial situation, so I will just assume 'averages'. I would caution against Nelson not having a full-time career and instead focusing on trading, especially being funded by savings. Your heart is in the right place, but it is not a sound business decision.

Let's say that you decided to open up a Bicycle shop in town. Lots of time, money, blood, sweat and tears have gone into it. Most businesses fail within the first 2 years. Those that survive may have extremely thin margins and not actual return a profit for many more years.

While following your dreams of opening a bicycle shop are admiral and should be encouraged if you have a well thought out plan, it would be unwise to have Nelson start his own business from scratch, say a Club/Bar, because now you are both very highly exposed to a great deal of risk.

Trading is all about risk. Life sometimes is too. You need the right amount of it. I strongly encourage you to have some sort of outside income until you have six months to a year of sufficient, consistent, trading profits. In trading, just like many businesses, it is not enough to want something more than you want anything else. You must also do many other things correctly, in fact you must not only do them correctly, but must do them better than a large number of your peers in order to be successful.

I think you are making great headway in your trading. I know Nelson is not happy with the situation, and neither are you. But you cannot force things, and you can't rush or make impulsive decisions. You must make sound business decisions that give you the highest probabilities of long-term success.

In the end, you'll make the right decision that is best for you and Nelson

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts