NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 320,355 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

spx_tdr View Post
Hello Greenie, Still going strong I see - Good stuff!!! - Was wondering if you has the ZIP for the HH LL HL LH that is on a chart just above that you posted.. I tried to find it in the search area but it did not come up... Thanks for you time.

Hi Spx_tdr

Dorschden released the updated version (optional plotting of ABC Long/Short with horizontal line for entry) in the following post (per enclosed):

(Post #120 on page 12)

You will find the logics on Post #1 as follows:

FYI: I'm using the old version and not the one plotting ABC and horizontal entry line.

Enjoy!

Beth

Good Trading is about Trading Right!
Want What the Market Wants!
Trade With the Trend!
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: PriceActionSwing.zip
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Here it comes:

Mon - No Trade
Tue - 1 loser (TF -6) and 1 winner (6E 5) (The TF trade was a mistake on my part.)
Wed - 2 winners (6E 6)
Thu - No Trade (Vet Holiday)
Fri - 1 loser (6E -6) and 1 winner (6E +7) (I missed the osc warning and failed to exit early.)

Total +7 (To simplify the tabulation, let's have TF -6 = 6E 5.)
$ after commission $58.94

It's a baby green week and I'm quite happy with my performance.

Goals Accomplished:

1. Overcame the reluctance to continue trading esp after a losing trade
2. Better control of emotion
3. Did not beat myself up too much. I'm still a newbie with lots to learn oooo

Room for Improvement:

1. Not just focussed on the price movement on the SuperDom! Missed the OB/OS osc warning else I might be able to exit early and not full SL .. sigh ..

2. Started paying more attention to Divergence this week. It undoubtedly upgrades a signal to A+++. Will continue polishing this skill.

I am going to throw in occasional 2-contract trade(s) next week. Am gaining more confidence on myself though I'm not perfect .. haha ..

Wishing you all a Wonderful weekend. It's going to be warmer here (10-15 degr C).

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8 to 12 Nov 2010.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	25614  
Thanked by:

jungian 
Ontario

Broker: Mirus/ZF
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 270

Beth

Great to see your progress. I will go out on a limb here and say now you need to make a leap
of faith.

I have followed your progress with various systems, indicators, stop losses etc.

I think you already are miles :car:ahead from where you were and your discipline and focus have really paid off.

Attached is a screenshot of what I KNOW YOU CAN DO. Because you HAVE DONE IT ALREADY!!!!

1. Take your signals
2. Dont worry about whether it will be a winner or loser, because YOU DONT KNOW and you SHOULDNT CARE.
3. 33% LOSING trades sounds bad...but look at the results....

Look what your account will show you.... YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH! I have seen your posts for many months of your weekly results. You can proably do even BETTER! 6 trades a week could easily be 6 trades a day with whatever instruments you normally follow.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Beth_Results.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	25621  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

jungian View Post
Beth

Great to see your progress. I will go out on a limb here and say now you need to make a leap
of faith.

I have followed your progress with various systems, indicators, stop losses etc.

I think you already are miles :car:ahead from where you were and your discipline and focus have really paid off.

Attached is a screenshot of what I KNOW YOU CAN DO. Because you HAVE DONE IT ALREADY!!!!

1. Take your signals
2. Dont worry about whether it will be a winner or loser, because YOU DONT KNOW and you SHOULDNT CARE.
3. 33% LOSING trades sounds bad...but look at the results....

Look what your account will show you.... YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH! I have seen your posts for many months of your weekly results. You can proably do even BETTER! 6 trades a week could easily be 6 trades a day with whatever instruments you normally follow.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Hi Jungian

Your prompt sharing and encouragement have made my day/weekend. Thank you!

I'm quite proud of the grounds I covered so far. Remember there're months when my charts (multiple instruments) were packed with indicators (over 10) + I made 1-2 changes every two weeks and still not satisfied. Now I have a 3-Range chart on one instrument with 2 MAs and PA labels (HH/HL/LL/LH) + occasional divergence dots on Panel 1 plus an OB/OS osc indicator on Panel 2 .. that's it! I never imagined before that I could trade with so little ..

I'm glad that I realize my scalping preference (not capable of managing a trade for 15+ minutes) plus having a comfortable SL cushion (6 as a start and tighten up with a warning) that I won't lose zozozo at night. With the current set-up meeting my risk expectation, I can trade with minimal emotional stress. I also learned not focussing on daily performance and $$. Instead, assess my performance (in ticks) on a weekly basis. All these changes have been soothing my psyche ..

Yes, this week has been great esp for my self-esteem. I will have a bigger heart to do more trades (incl multiple-contract ones) in the coming days. Oh, I also did occasional sim-trades at night say between 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm EST when the Australian and Asian markets open. Most nights have been green (6-8 trades/night) say 15-20 ticks. Practice makes "almost" perfect LOL!

Take care and have a Lovely weekend.

Beth (Grateful for your support and guidance!)

Trade With the Trend!
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Real live trading experience matters!!

When price movement is swift, SOH is the only option we have. What happened?

This morning it happened a few times .. I identified an entry (per enclosed example) upon its breakout. Before having a chance to enter an order, it went up 20+ ticks in seconds. One may think it's a great and feasible trade IF he/she only goes through the historical data. We do need live trading (sim or real) to encounter the shock LOL!

What can we do after its running up or down without us in??

My advice: Wait for another high probability signal .. More to come ..

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mission Impossible.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	25625  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I am not a night owl and can stay alert after crawling out of my bed around 2:00 am/3:00 am EST. Sooo, trading 6E between 2:00 am and 8:00 am will not work for me. When I did research months ago, 9:00 am - 11:00 am is a workable session. Then I learned from a trading friend that it's also trade-able when the Australian and Asian markets open.

I believe knowing when to trade is a critical success factor. Appreciate more tips on the same. Thanks.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!

Linds 
Victoria, Australia

Platform: NT, MT4
Broker: NT
Trading: Bund , ASX 200
Thanks Given: 982
Thanks Received: 533

Interesting isnt it! I am in Australia and I have come to the conclusion after trading the last 2 years or so that the best times for me to trade are From about half an hour before Frankfurt open for about 3 hours ( ie through London open and into the London session) and then the US preopen to 2 hours past US open. This means early evening to early morning with a break in the middle in my time zone. I dont trade the Asian session as I have found it too illiquid and erratic and many people I know have come to this conclusion.

But I have never traded your 3 range method either.

Just my view.

Lindsay

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

wgreenie View Post
... One may think it's a great and feasible trade IF he/she only goes through the historical data. ...
Beth

welcome to live trading, indeed lots of 'easy' setups only exist on history charts.

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Linds View Post
Interesting isnt it! I am in Australia and I have come to the conclusion after trading the last 2 years or so that the best times for me to trade are From about half an hour before Frankfurt open for about 3 hours ( ie through London open and into the London session) and then the US preopen to 2 hours past US open. This means early evening to early morning with a break in the middle in my time zone. I dont trade the Asian session as I have found it too illiquid and erratic and many people I know have come to this conclusion.

But I have never traded your 3 range method either.

Just my view.

Lindsay

Thanks lindsay for your kind sharing so that we can safeguard trading at the wrong time segment.

To make my life a little easier, will you provide me with the hours you trade in your time zone (Sydney, Australia) so that I can find out the corresponding EST hours. Thank you!

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

cory View Post
welcome to live trading, indeed lots of 'easy' setups only exist on history charts.

Thanks Cory for confirming my "belated" realization ... Now I believe market replay is the only option (other than sim/live trading) that can really test our set-up and discretionary trade management skill LOL!

Beth

Trade With the Trend!

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts