NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 320,355 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

I reviewed some ES/TF charts over the weekend. Noticed "almost" everyday both had a great signal around 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm. For example, their breakdown or breakout of the most recent LL and HH.

Bearing the bond closing 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm SOH advice, I did not sim trade when ES broke 1106.75 around 2:30 pm. Instead placed a pair of OCO orders at 1104.25 and 1106.50 respectively. The Stop Buy was triggered and got in 1 tick in favor (seldom happen in real life). Not much heat (3 ticks) and got its PT 4 in 4 minutes.

You can tell the enclosed is a stand-alone system .. smile .. It's in my plan that when I get settled with the daily CL trading routine (which often finishes before noon or by 2:15 pm), I may do an ES trade before the market closes only if there's a high probability trade signal.

Having said that, I may simply stay with CL as I have 2 other set ups (other than the Inside Bar one) available. If I was the former "aggressive" me, I probably had already dipped my fingers into the Blue Outside Bar one. Why the reluctance? It's the long bar = big SL cushion .. makes me think "twice" ..

Time for my exercise session .. smile .. Have not been following the predetermined routine very often yet .. "bad" girl ..

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES Sim Trade 26 Jul.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	17498  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Just came across the subject and you may enjoy some or most of them too:

Mind Mastery Video Series

I am watching the first one now ... Sorry seemed only the first one is working .. the other four "Coming Soon" .. sorry ..

Oh, there are also six Pre-Made Mind movies (more like slideshows to me) as follows:

[COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.mindmovies.com/DownloadPreMades.html[/COLOR]

Enjoy!

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	The Mind Mastery Video Series.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	17503   Click image for larger version

Name:	Your PreMade Mind Movies.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	17504  
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Price currently trades at 1116.50 (almost 7 points above yesterday's Close @1109.75).

Overnight High and Low as at 8:35 am are 1116.75 and 1106.75 respectively. Still climbing ..

Top VPOC 1117.75 (1128.50 next on line)
Bottom VPOC 1108.00

Have a Successful day.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Premarket Homework for 27 Jul Tue.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	17515  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Initial Balance: 1117.75 - 1109.50 (8.25 points)
Value Area as at 10:35 am: 1117.25 - 1113.75 - 1112.25 (5 points)
Price opened @1116.50
Today's High and Low as at 10:35 am: 1117.75 and 1109.50
VPOCs: Top 1128.50 (1117.75 was touched) and Bottom 1108.00
Overnight High and Low: 1118.50 and 1106.75

No more news and let's see what Mr Market wants!!

Beth (No Inside Bar yet ..)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ES 09-10  7_27_2010 (30 Min).jpg
Views:	154
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	17525  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

We had an Inside Bar (yellow) .. technically the Sell Stop would be at 78.25 (1 tick below its Low). With the recent LL at 78.23 .. for me it's going to be 78.22. I made the right decision as it touched 78.25 and chopped up for some minutes.

It became an Outside Bar (blue) opportunity. I placed a Buy Stop accordingly (I liked the yellow divergence dot on the most recent LL red bar) and even had a SL at 78.22 (not 78.24) LOL! Am happy with a profitable Outside Bar trade (my first one and many more to come) ..

Emotion-wise: A general B I'd say as it did go against me for 8 ticks for the initial 1-2 minutes. The CCIs hooking up did help me stay with the trade and let it play out. I was even thinking of adjusting PT 8 to 10/12. When it started working to my favor, it's too fast for me to change .. Did not want to confuse the system especially it's so close to my PT.

Let's see if Mr Market will give me more great signals until 12:00 noon. Wil be back.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	First Outside Bar Trade 27 Jul.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	17526  
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Another Inside Bar .. With Resistance at 77.52, I was waiting for price's breaking through it before placing a Buy order. It did and I was in. Took some heat and I adjusted PT 8 to 6 and got out. It's very choppy and I did not like the price action. I believe it did hit my PT 8 for one split second. Regret?? No No No .. profitable 6 ticks I love them .. haha ..

Regarding Support/Resistance, it took me months to have them in my system .. Sim-trading does help .. esp developing good habits/knowledge and fixing my bugs LOL!

In short, I have 2 profitable trades (8+6) totalling 14 ticks. Back to the Green zone .. Hurrah!

Oh, I'm done for today. Plan to check my photo inventory (thousands of them if you believe me) and create an inspiring slideshow in a travel-size digital photo album for Nelson. He needs motivation and reminder .. I am a strong believer of The Law of Attraction ..

Note for the chart: I have the Reversal Bar with H/L back (the CCI chart has experienced "frozen" issues almost daily). Also adjusted the Price Action Swing indicator (calc size default 8 to 2) as I'd like to have more price labels.

Continue enjoying your day.

Beth

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL Inside Bar Trade 27 Jul.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	17527  
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I do not go to the room very often as I'm afraid that I may rely on it. As a newbie trader, it's very common .. oooo

I'm glad that I did this morning. Jeff (creator of the Three Set Ups, All You Need + ... threads) shared the following with us:

1. Don't short into Support
2. Don't go Long into Resistance
3. CL has a prospensity to respect 00, 25, 50 and 75

They're now documented on my VI notes .. smile ..

Beth

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Was having a quick lunch while the enclosed double Inside Bar got completed right at 1:00 pm. I was going to practise what I learned (sim trade of course since I've closed down my real account).

First, it's a double Inside Bar (higher probability trade than a single one I believe .. please correct me if I am wrong). I placed a pair of OCO based on the first Inside Bar + avoiding the 00 number, ie

- Sell Stop at 77.49 (not 77.50 which was 1 tick below Low .. 1 or 2 ticks does not matter .. I finally "learned" not to be a few ticks picky LOL)

- Buy Stop at 77.82

Sell Stop got hit with the first PT 8 in good order within 1 second (even got 1 tick more). The second PT 16 was also reached within 40 seconds. Considering the quick drop, NJ was unable to change the revised SL of the second target to 1 tick favor after an 8-tick move. Glad that I noticed because it will happen to my real trades and I will watch out for it. For this case, it's not important. It's a sim trade + it's a profitable one.

I'm really proud that I chose to follow my plan and not taking this trade even it's a quick and profitable one!! Why? What's the point of having a plan or rules if I keep breaking them. Certainly, I am aware that "rules are meant to be broken". Well, it's still the beginning of my trading career, I believe the appropriate attitude is to follow my plan.

Sometimes I do wonder if I have changed?!! I seemed "more calmed", not "regretting" that much and only occasional "What IF" in my petite head. Great news! Time to celebrate .. haha ..

Beth (Officially closing down ..)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL Inside Bar PM Sim Trade Multiple Contract 27 Jul.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	17539  
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Beth,

Speaking in terms of not just trading but life in general, I can say learning to trade changed my life. I don't mean money, I mean in the person that I became after learning to trade. (it's an ongoing process, but you know what I mean)

Specifically, patience, discipline, and the ability to not look at everything as "black or white". These things strongly carried over from my trading to day-to-day life.

So, I think the answer is yes -- you have changed

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Big Mike View Post

Specifically, patience, discipline, and the ability to not look at everything as "black or white". These things strongly carried over from my trading to day-to-day life.

So, I think the answer is yes -- you have changed

Thanks Mike for your Swift response and sharing! I used to believe I had patience and discipline. Trading has proved otherwise esp before creating this thread + the first months "real" sim-trading (not counting the months I spent last year when I did not have a system). Yes, I agree with you 1,000,000,...% that I no longer look at everything as "black or white" PLUS I appreciate more what I have and had.

Beth (grateful)

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts