NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 321,373 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Perfect Short Entry around 10:00 am on Perry's Set-up (highlighted in blue ellipses)!

You will see the black line was below the multi-color and purple lines PLUS the indicators shouted SHORT (ADX momentum has to be Green for both Long and Short)!

Now Perry will be disappointed that I did not catch it .. sigh .. Sorry Perry!

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 06-10  4_30_2010 (4 Range) Perry.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	12485  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Trading Items

1. Finish the remaining 1/3 of the Mind Over Markets book. Plan to re-read certain chapters at a later date to have a more solid foundation.

2. Go through some shortlisted webinars and articles on MP. Some are my second round. Will limit the hours so that it will be a fruitful and relaxing weekend .. haha ..

3. Review on the weekly performance (Dos and Don'ts) and decide which prioritized item to work on first. Yes, there're many and I will focus one at one time.

Non-trading Items

1. Will take Nelson out for a birthday dinner or lunch or both LOL! He will enjoy his birthday gift in end May. Mytle Beach tickets (via Buffalo), hotel and car are in good order.

2. R&R (Relax and Recreational) activities such as exercise and tandem biking will be scheduled.

Will have my lunch break now. Take care!

Beth (I finished the mango cheesecake (except decorating it with strawberries and blueberries tomorrow) incl washing and putting away any cake-making clues .. smile ..)

Thanked by:

ZCars 
Birmingham/UK

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation/Prorealtime
Broker: Tradestation/Interactive Brokers
Trading: Mini and micro US Indexes/ DAX/ FX/VIX/GOLD
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 164

Hi Beth
We've all been there and done these things. It just takes time and i'd say as you are removing unecessary chart indicators etc you are moving to an understanding of price, which will pay for the long run. The Gomi Vol ladder I'm looking into to help me keep in trades (looking to exit when volume ratios etc shift). It's a useful tool I think if I can find it's value. Thanks for posting it! The markets fundamentally will not change as they are based on universal principles. Have a great weekend!

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

ZCars View Post
The Gomi Vol ladder I'm looking into to help me keep in trades (looking to exit when volume ratios etc shift). It's a useful tool I think if I can find it's value.

Thanks ZCars for your kind words!

Regarding the Gomi Vol Ladder indicator, I tried to figure out what the red and green horizontal boxes above each price bar stand for. No luck yet. If you know after exploring it, sincerely hope that you will give me a shout. Thanks in advance.

There're many great indicators out there. Would be great if they come with more instructions for newbies .. sigh .. Well ..

Yes, let's have a Great weekend everyone!! Party Time .. haha ..
Beth

perryg 
Rechovot

Broker: CQG
Trading: Index,Currency and Energy futures
Thanks Given: 508
Thanks Received: 6,288

wgreenie View Post
Perfect Short Entry around 10:00 am on Perry's Set-up (highlighted in blue ellipses)!

You will see the black line was below the multi-color and purple lines PLUS the indicators shouted SHORT (ADX momentum has to be Green for both Long and Short)!

Now Perry will be disappointed that I did not catch it .. sigh .. Sorry Perry!

Beth

Beth, As long as you are beginnig to SEE the setups, this is a real achievement. Keep at it and you will win.

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

ES is getting very close to 1186.25 (VPC). Will it touch (find support) or break it? Now I am waiting and see if I may see Acceptance or Rejection.

Oh, no trade .. I'm just using my imagination to practise LOL!

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

ES broke its VPC (Virgin or Naked Point of Control) @1186.25 and went down to 1183.50 in a straight smooth drive. I started paying more attention to the price bars esp their Open and Close. A good sign for my learning .. haha ..

Finally fed my belly (late lunch) and I'm done with trading for now ..

It's very sunny here (about 25 degr C) and I will go out for a short walk .. smile ..

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 06-10  4_30_2010 (4 Range) PM.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	12509  

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Beth,

Your family is lucky to have you

As for trading:

Great job as usual on laying out clear steps on what to do next (planning). My only advice at this point would be to continue trying to simplify things. In my opinion, you will continue (anyone would, not just you) to make "mistakes" when you have lots of information. In reality, this is not a real mistake. It's just that when your trying to process too much information, you end up making a mistake with the analysis due to too much contradicting info.

It is perceived as a mistake after the fact, because after the fact you have the benefit of hindsight. Things will always look more clear in hindsight. It's the hindsight 20/20 indicator, and it's always right.

So my advice is just continue to work on simplifying. That way you won't have contradicting information and won't be prone to these "mistakes" (which, again, aren't really mistakes). I don't want to go too far with my reply here, but basically you can read my "indicators are evil" post on my blog to know my full feelings on this

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Big Mike View Post
So my advice is just continue to work on simplifying. That way you won't have contradicting information and won't be prone to these "mistakes" (which, again, aren't really mistakes). I don't want to go too far with my reply here, but basically you can read my "indicators are evil" post on my blog to know my full feelings on this

Mike

Thanks Mike for your great tips and reminder! You are always a step ahead LOL .. I am going to post the following article:

Market Profile | Tucker Report

It's very useful for me (newbie to MP) + he emphasized the importance of trading as follows:

1. Price (Market Profile)
2. Volume
3. Indicators or Oscillators (last on the list)!!

Oh, Nelson had an unexpected accident last night when cleaning some windows. The wind was very strong and one clashed on him .. sigh .. His forehead now has a 1.5" crack. This morning we went to emergency and he feels a little better now (hoping it won't leave a big scar) .. Will take good care of him this weekend.

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Now you have a glimpse of my "baby" boy who's very surprised that I made him a birthday cake. Oh, I used strawberries and blackberries for deco + fresh mango in the middle .. Yummy "I think" .. It's a no-baking one and very easy/simple to make .. haha ..

I love baking. It's going to be my anchor for not over-trading (stay with my 1 trade/day rule). When a baking attempt failed, I had not been making a second attempt immediately. This will save me putting a sticker on my nose as a reminder LOL!

I believe in Karma ... Your best wishes across space and distance will speed up N's recovery. Thank you!

Enjoy a Lovely weekend.

Beth

Thanked by:

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts