NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 320,355 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

jungian 
Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus/ZF
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 270

Beth I am liking your most recent charts
(Not that I am biased or anything)

All the work you have put in is paying off.

After you watch price for a while you will start to see where the buyers and sellers are and your chart will be less cluttered, and you will get used to just watching how price behaves at certain price levels.

Great posts as always Beth.

I think if you can hit your daily goal and stay disciplined you will see your P&L slowly creep up week by week.

Slow and steady wins the race.
Trading is a bit like fishing.

The disciplined trader knows what part of the lake to fish in and at what time.

"Put out your bait. Wait for the right time. Don't yank on the line too hard. Fill your boat with small fish. Go back to shore"

Best of Luck!

Jungian

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

jungian View Post
Beth I am liking your most recent charts
(Not that I am biased or anything)

Slow and steady wins the race.
Trading is a bit like fishing.

The disciplined trader knows what part of the lake to fish in and at what time.

"Put out your bait. Wait for the right time. Don't yank on the line too hard. Fill your boat with small fish. Go back to shore"

Thanks jungian for your kind encouragement and best wishes! Now my headache is almost gone .. haha ..

Hmm, as a vegetarian and Buddhist, I don't fish .. Have been paying extra attention when walking on grass .. not to step on little pets down there UKNOW .. Sooo, to be Successful in trading, I need to grasp the required skills (esp discipline) + the technique on how to return the small/medium/large fishes SAFELY to the lake OR learn to trade with a pair of fish eyes LOL!

You have certainly lifted up my spirit jungian!!

Beth (grateful)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread

jungian 
Ontario

Broker: Mirus/ZF
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 88
Thanks Received: 270

wgreenie View Post
Thanks jungian for your kind encouragement and best wishes! Now my headache is almost gone .. haha ..

Hmm, as a vegetarian and Buddhist, I don't fish .. Have been paying extra attention when walking on grass .. not to step on little pets down there UKNOW ..
Beth (grateful)

Ooops. Ok then instead of the fish analogy...

How about one using a farmer's field for an example.

Watch where the buyers or sellers plant their seeds and where they water their crops. Watch out for plants that are too big, because they will probably be harvested soon. Watch where the watering happens. Watch at what areas in the field plants are getting pulled from. Avoid picking weeds (bad trades). Always wear gloves (stops in place). If it gets hot take a rest in the shade. Don't get dizzy in the hot sun. If your bag becomes even half full (profits) take them and put them aside. Don't let your sack become full of holes from dragging it around the field too long.
Quit when you have enough to eat.

Jungian

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

jungian View Post
How about one using a farmer's field for an example.
Quit when you have enough to eat.

Hi jungian

You are so CUTE! Smile.

With your guidance, I am 1,000,000,...% confident that we are going to enjoy an Amazing harvest sooon!

Nelson and I started our organic garden last May. Its growth process has stayed in my mind and I am still amazed how fast they grew overnight. See our profile photo when we "seemed" working very hard on it LOL!

Beth (grateful)

deltason 
Memphis, Tennessee

Experience: None
Trading: ES, EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 1,613
Thanks Received: 122

wgreenie View Post
I have the Eds Volume Price Bar on a 4-Range Chart (together with Perry's set-up) while looking at the Gomi ones on a separate chart.

1. Eds Volume Price Bar

The histograms have crowded the chart substantially. I cannot really see them clearly incl the numbers .. sigh ..

2. Gomi Indicators

I believe the Gomi package is an Amazing trading tool. Having a few of them on a chart does add more colors to my morning. However, I feel intimidated and now have a headache after looking at the ladder for hours. Please don't get wrong, the red and green numbers next to the price tag give me ideas where the selling and buying are and it's live (not lagging).

It's me .. I cannot read when a car is in motion else I will have headache within milliseconds. The Volume Ladder has caused some strains on me and I need to figure out how to resolve it IF I am going to benefit from this awesome indicator!

3. Buy Sell Volume

Maybe I only need a simple Buy/Sell volume indicator though I cannot tell the exact distribution on the price!

Appreciate any suggestion to solve my Volume dillemma please!! :sos:

Beth (Now I have to take something to soothe my petite head .. sigh ..)

Hi Beth, I plan to start monitoring the volume ladder soon. My aim is to only look at the ladder when and where it's useful. For me, at least right now, that's wherever I anticipate a price turn using other tools. That way the ladder provides information when I think I need it and the rest of the time it's doing its own thing in the background.

A great place to consider looking at the volume ladder would be market profile support/resistance areas or any other S/R areas you might use. I just happen to prefer market profile and VWAP + VWAP standard deviation bands. Suppose you don't incorporate the stated types of price levels into your trading. You can also take a look at the ladder when you get a trading signal for confirmation of an entry and continuation in your favored direction. It's all up to you of course, but I think part of the key for me is knowing the strengths and limitations of my tools as well as myself and finding a happy ground between the two. Cheers!

And yes, please keep me posted on your car shopping. As traders we should be able to get a good value.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I am going to use the enclosed chart for entry tomorrow. Since I am not paying much attention to DMplus (3 lines) and rather find the Top Left TEXT more helpful, I have combined it with the ADX histogram on Panel 3. Moved around the margin and am able to see the buying/selling volume better + the Buy/Sell Volume indicator will help!

When I get more advanced or used to read the volume numbers, I maybe able to benefit from the Gomi Volume Ladder. Now it's too advanced for me and my head still spins ooooo ..

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 06-10  4_26_2010 (4 Range) Revised.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	12118  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

deltason View Post
... but I think part of the key for me is knowing the strengths and limitations of my tools as well as myself and finding a happy ground between the two. Cheers!

And yes, please keep me posted on your car shopping. As traders we should be able to get a good value.

Thanks deltason for your sharing your strategy and plan with me! It's Great!

I know my limitations and am now working on finalizing a Happy Trading Ground to start .. smile .. I have VWAP on my to-explore list .. Yet I realize I have to start somewhere and not continue a never-ending search ooo

Oh, I'm very competent in reaching a mutually beneficial partnership with vendors. The best deal I ever got (as of this moment): contracting an award winning stage production vendor at 20% of his normal quote. We become good friends and partners.

You're more advanced and will buy the Aston Martin car months before us. Will be my pleasure to negotiate a good deal for you!

Beth

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I started early this morning .. smile .. Finished reading the chapter on "Types of Open" from Mind Over Markets has inspired me to enter a long trade minutes after the market opened (which I seldom do). I did more research last night on Order Flow and Volume readings. Can tell it's a very useful tool. Surprise .. surprise .. I am not intimidated by the GomiVolumeLadder indicator anymore .. at least not as overwhelming as yesterday .. haha ..

Goals Accomplished:

1. No over-trade. One trade and focus on ONE instrument (ES).
2. I did look at Perry's 4R set-up (which I forgot yesterday) and helped me staying in the trade.

Emotion:

1. Having predetermined PT and SL orders (esp SL) proved to soothe my emotion again.

2. After the first PT was hit, I felt comfortable to leave the 3-point SL for the 2nd contract unchanged. Then Preserve Precious Capital came to my mind and I moved it to a 2-tick profitable order while waiting for the PT to get hit.

My Next Move:

1. Lots of goodies out there on Market Profile, Order Flow and Volume analysis. I will continue reading/watching webinars etc to fill my performance gaps.

Happy & Successful Trading!

Beth

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES Sim Trade Log 27 Apr 2010.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	12165   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 06-10  4_27_2010 (30 Min).jpg
Views:	166
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	12166   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 06-10  4_27_2010 (4 Range) Gomi.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	12167   Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 06-10  4_27_2010 (4 Range).jpg
Views:	165
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	12176  
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I learned that I may also benefit from Market Delta materials. If you are in the same boat (like me trying to learn more on MP), please check out the following link:

TechSmith | Screencast.com, online video sharing, [AUTOLINK]MarketDelta[/AUTOLINK]'s Library

Enjoy!

Beth

Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

This gentleman was teaching her 20ish daughter how to trade (using Market Profile). Just started watching the first part and seemed interesting:

Electronic Local: Webinar Next Saturday

Note: Please check out the items under KEY POSTS & INFORMATION (right-side column). The 2 webinars on Order Flow will be on my Watch list as well .. possibly more ..

Continue enjoying your day! Me2 ...

Beth

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts