NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wgreenie with 1,146 posts (808 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 108 posts (161 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 52 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 40 posts (86 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one monpere with 2.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 wgreenie with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 321,269 views
    2. thumb_up 1,621 thanks given
    3. group 83 followers
    1. forum 1,776 posts
    2. attach_file 876 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Beth's Journey to Make Her Millions

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

I did a few CL trades today. The only regret was "not" capturing more pips when my PT 12 was touched a few times and not filled. My SL +1 was hit instead. Still rusty in exercising an executive decision to exit early. I tried for the last trade and forgot if I was in a short or long position. Then too late when SL was hit.

Well, at least I had the intention to try ..

It's a fruitful week (even it's pink) because of the following:

1. I have been more willing to submit trades (my reluctance to shoot may get healed upon completion of the program).

2. I have identified a few critical areas for improvement (they're not new yet have become more obvious to me now).

3. Certainly, I have a better understanding on A+ signals which very often work out right away while the D ones will either stall or go against my direction within milliseconds.

4. Emotion-wise: I do not take losing trades very personal this week even I missed the warning.

Guess what's next?

Performance review time lol + enjoying a Relaxing long weekend. You2! Have a Lovely weekend.

Beth

Good Trading is about Trading Right!
Want What the Market Wants!
Trade With the Trend!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I market replayed CL this afternoon. Early morning 1-hour session +50 pips (8 2-contract trades) and RTH +60 pips (9 trades all supposed to be 2-contract ones with one trade only got 1 contract filled). As soon as I FF the session to 8:00 am .. my early morning trade log disappeared. Well, quite consistent and the losing trades were chasing ones when I was a bar late lol!

I have FOCUS and DISCIPLINE on a cute poster. Now I need a visible one reminding me NOT TO CHASE!!

Time to rock in the coming week .. up or down your guess .. haha ..

Have a Nice Sun/Great week ahead.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Market Replay CL.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	37262  
Thanked by:
 omaha786 
San Diego, California

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: IB, OEC, Optimus, DDT
Trading: ES, ZN
Thanks Given: 512
Thanks Received: 158

Beth, very impressive result. Are you still using the 3-range HA bars?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

omaha786 View Post
Beth, very impressive result. Are you still using the 3-range HA bars?

Thanks Omaha! I have been using 5-RangeNoGap for some weeks now. CL in 3-Range has been a little too fast for me + I want to stay in a trade longer than just making 5 pips. Currently I am using the following ATM strategies:

1st Contract: PT/SL @10/8 (adjust SL to BE after 6, then +2 after 8 and 1 pip trail)
2nd Contract: SL @8 and no predetermined PT (same BE/trail as the 1st contract)

For the MT4 training platform, I am using PT/SL @15/10. Have to manage a trade manually as it does not offer similar NT features .. sigh ..

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I did 4 CL trades yesterday (made over 620 pips) and 3 this morning (40+ pips). I made 620 pips because I did 20-contract trades lol .. haha .. Just for fun when the market was slow. I mentally removed a "0" as it's more practical to do 2-contract ones.

When the second trade (this morning) did not look good, I tried to exit -2/-3. Succeeded in exiting one and the second contract stayed at the original SL (not sure why) and I was unable to adjust it. Well, we know CL is a beast and goes up 3-4 pips within milliseconds. I am reluctant to trade CL on MT4 because it does not come with an ATM strategy feature + manually dragging SL/PT = human operation mishap.

Enclosed turtle reminds me "No Chasing". I have it right in front of me. No chasing this week so far .. smile ..

It was raining yesterday and UKNOWHO dragged me out to enjoy an A&W dinner. I enjoyed it! Now I have a running nose ..

Happy & Successful Ticks!

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CL 26 Apr.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	37349   Click image for larger version

Name:	No chasing please.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	37350  
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

I didn't have much luck with 6E this month. Took weeks and finally a green 6E trade (even it's sim) .. It's getting so close to fill my first PT 10 .. then adjusted SL +5 was hit. It did go up 25+ pips after my exit.

I'm happy that it's Green. Hands free when I am quite comfy with the ATM strategies. Oh, I only interfere when a trade does not look promising .. not when it's working. See see I am learning to let it run .. haha ..

Being in the program for over 2 weeks, the most beneficial learning insight has been "1-2 good trades/morning is all I need! To accomplish this daily goal, I will stay focussed and disciplined and only consider high probability signals. No pressing from my end. When I am late to the party, no chasing and patiently wait for the next signal. If it does not come by the end of the trading session, tomorrow will be a better day. "

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6E 26 Apr.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	37356  

bobarian 
whitestone, new york

Platform: ninja trader
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

wgreenie View Post
I didn't have much luck with 6E this month. Took weeks and finally a green 6E trade (even it's sim) .. It's getting so close to fill my first PT 10 .. then adjusted SL +5 was hit. It did go up 25+ pips after my exit.

I'm happy that it's Green. Hands free when I am quite comfy with the ATM strategies. Oh, I only interfere when a trade does not look promising .. not when it's working. See see I am learning to let it run .. haha ..

Being in the program for over 2 weeks, the most beneficial learning insight has been "1-2 good trades/morning is all I need! To accomplish this daily goal, I will stay focussed and disciplined and only consider high probability signals. No pressing from my end. When I am late to the party, no chasing and patiently wait for the next signal. If it does not come by the end of the trading session, tomorrow will be a better day. "

Beth

sounds good!!...patience

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Anagami 
Cancun, Mexico
Legendary Market Hustler

Experience: Advanced
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 707
Thanks Received: 2,300

wgreenie View Post

Beth

All the successful traders I have known over the years (prop as well as retail) made the bulk of their $ in the first hour of trading. If you can't make $ in the first hour, forget it.

You are never in the wrong place... but sometimes you are in the right place looking at things in the wrong way.
Thanked by:
 wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Maybe I made all my trading mistakes last week (confession: incl switching to a friend's profitable system last Thu when all my trades were red .. the new system did not speak to me). I am happy with my performance these two days. I made over 70 pips this morning. NT is the platform to trade CL and not MT4 unless one has an add-on application to manage the trades.

Note for the trade in red box: It's based on false breakout. Went +2 before I decided to exit early.

My cold starts to get me .. running nose and fever now. Time to rest so that I will work on more 6E trades for the training program tomorrow. I have more fun with CL lol.

Beth

Trade With the Trend!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	26 Apr.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	37358  
 MetalTrade 

Great to see some action.

But don't trade with 20 cars in sim. It messes up your mind. Completely.

It's nice to see those big numbers, but remember they can be big in the red too. You only trade 20 cars when your account is big enough for 20 car. So if you say $10.000 for 1 contract traders, that's an account of $200.000, even some say (including me) that on CL you need at least $25.000 for a 1 or 2 car trader, that means what ? Trading 20 cars on CL put's you into the $250.000 to $500.000 account traders. Are you going to be that wgreenie ? honestly ?

The problem is when you pull those big numbers you think you can do it with a small account, it's possible, but take my word for it, it will not happen.

Don't go there wgreenie, you will one day take the risque of trading big lots with small accounts and it will be BOOM! gone !

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 21, 2011

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts